Have the Vegas and NY CSI's ever met?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Islandgirl, Apr 3, 2007.

1. CSI_Forensics

CSI_Forensics Hit and Run

I think I would love to see a crossover between csi/csi ny but I also dream of a crossover between CSI Miami and NCIS. Thats my ultimate dream, for Gibbs and Horatio to meet and actually become friends. LOL!

2. IheartTogo

IheartTogo Hit and Run

19ams87
    i am sorry and i can see your point i didn't mean to upset anyone if i did i am really sorry but that was what i thought. i guess i miss took what was said and i was just typing what i thought about that

3. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

would be nice to have a vegas NY cross over

4. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

This has been brought up alot of times before, and I'd love to see a crossover, if it were done well. But I don't necessarily think that Grissom & Mac would be the most compelling crossover characters. I think Mac/Cath would be great to watch - the by-the-rules guy with the smart, sexy woman who does her job, but also knows how to sometimes get around the rules. And Danny/Greg would be fun to watch, or Hodges driving Mac up a wall. Doc and Sid!!!! :D And for some reason, I think that Stella/Warrick would be dynamite, onscreen. I predict lots of chemistry there. And...well, maybe Lindsay yakking with Sara. I see alot in common with those two...

5. MissKraft

MissKraft Rookie

It would be interesting to see a LV/NY crossover. I am surprised TPTB have not thought of it yet.

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

remember this thread is about if the vegas and new york crews had met, we do have a different thread for crossover ideas. this was left open for follow up questions regarding the issue of vegas and new york casts but if there is nothing else needed for that we might as well close this thread down.
    just leave your thoughts and Fay or i can decide whether this thread is still required

7. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

I do think that Vegas and NY casts have met obviously, but the actual characters.... Only in our dreams.

But I ahve to say, I agree with what William Petersen said, CSI:Miami was introduced waaaay to early. The show had bearly got off the ground and they were already splitting up the team.

All the glory and fame has now been given to Miami, when Vegas really deserves it. The original idea came from there, and I think that the Vegas show should have been given a few more seasons before trying something new.

My 2 cents, Kate. :)

8. Sarahh

Sarahh Witness

Okay, so maybe not the characters in the actual shows, (probably the casts though) but Im sure we all remember an adorable little street-racing-visor-wearing wangster by the name of "Thumpy G"? <3

9. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

They met in my fanfics but that doesn't count... :lol:

10. church2001

church2001 Witness

While CSI:Miami did come about rather quickly, I seem to remember reading that the producers wanted to beat the copycat shows to the punch. Hence why Miami premiered with CSI season 3. However I seem to recall Crossing Jordan began earlier.

But there was semi-crossover in CSI's third season opener when Carmine Giovinazzo had a quick cameo (though this was two years before NY began).

11. Sarahh

Sarahh Witness

Is what I say. :)

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

While there are some similarities between Jordan and CSI, Jordan is more of a copy of Quincy M.E. (1976 to 1983) and possibly earlier shows. As for Carmine, though he did appear on the original, it was as a different character, Thumpy G, instead of Danny. So that would not count as a semi-crossover, in my opinion.