H/Cal #5 - DuCaine...Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by SpeedsDaughter, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Aude

Aude Victim

Thanx for enlighten me up HAngel!.. ;) altho if we ALL here want H/Cal together <3..honestly prefer not witness this, if! it means CSI Miami's end... :eek: :( UNLESS!! Unless...it's brand new spin off DuCaine taking over!!! :devil: :cool: with EP and DC as starring roles.. :cool: and anyone else off the current cast is welcomed but! as supporting-supporting roles of course... :devil: keeping the show essence but then protecting the whole DuCaine love plot alive.. :devil: of course we'd have Alexx as closest friend... :) anyone else is welcomed but as i said supporting roles right...LEAD ones being Du-Caiiiiine!! :devil:
    Call me Crazy gals..oops nope i'm Aude... :devil: :D

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

A happy birthday to our beloved David Caruso! I like to imagine Emily giving him a giant ("lost son") birthday hug!!! **picturing it to be Cal & H**..** sigh**
    Hey, it's something...right? :D

BTW, I love the cover of the new mag. So nice!! Thanks for sharing!

3. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

haha DuCaine with their own show would be love. But I hope the rest of the team can play in it. It'll be fun to see. :D

We don't have anymore new eps do we?

4. horatiosangel

horatiosangel Lab Technician

There's one more "Raising Caine"... although not sure when it's supposed to air... then nothing until after the writers strike is settled... :(

5. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey all! Can't wait to pick up the new magazine today! (I think I'm gonna try Borders - it's supposed to come out today officially...)

As for "Raising Caine" - I saw the previews last night. It's going to air next Monday, Jan. 14.

[SPOILER="Raising Caine" Spoilers]In the previews, H's ex-girlfriend is back (Kyle's mother) - what a gag-fest this is going to be! In the previews, she approaches H and tells him, "I know you still love me" - at least that's what the previews made it look like. Made me cringe. :mad: Kyle will be in the episode, and I don't get why he's so happy about his mom's return - she basically dumped him in social services when he was 6. I would think he'd have more respect for Horatio then her :rolleyes: According to some spoilers I read, our dear Calleigh will be interacting w/Julia and (I've said it before and I'll say it again) I hope she kicks her ass! They better resolve this storyline b/c right now it looks kinda stupid (aside from the fact that it's "Jessie Spano" from "Saved by the Bell" who's playing Kyle's mom. UGH!

[/SPOILER]

Anyway, I doubt we'll get any H/C interaction, but who knows, maybe they'll throw us a bone. As much as I don't like how they're keeping our duo apart, I am kinda upset that this will likely be the last show of the season if the writers strike continues (which it looks like it will). :(

We really could use a good H/C scene to bring H down to earth and to get our duo back together, at least as friends and partners! I miss them together - it's so sad to watch the shows now. :(

Well, if nothing else, we'll always have fan vids and fanfics - you guys rock! ;)

6. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey Everyone,

I have been away for a bit and I have to catch up but I thought I would let you all know I just upload the promo for, Raising Caine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVlBl3tkQ9s

Enjoy!

And thank you all for the compliments and awesome feedback on my pics and manips.

HCrazy

7. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Hi everyone, I know how stressful it is not to have any Ducaine scene's, :( But hold tight, and keep believing, for DuCaine is end game, and we will see them together. In the meantime, I've made a little gift you all in the Poetry section.

FanFic Poetry

Keep the faith girl's. :D

8. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Oh man I haven't been hear in the longest time, good to see it still going strong, despite everything TPTB have thrown in the way!
    I have to comment on my first H/C episode too, it was way back when it has to be 'Broken', "Hello Handsome" is just blatant, it doesn't get much better than that!

I do like the end of 'Under the Influence' too, there's someone I have to say good night too first....so sweet.

Anyway thought I would let you all know I'm still DuCaine as strong as ever..kepping the faith :p

9. miamirocks

Hey! Good to see some more DuCaine fans on these boards, especially with the lack of interaction for the past two seasons (arrrrggg!)

“Broken” was a great ep for Horatio & Calleigh, even though it was very difficult subject matter. I think the ep. really highlighted why DuCaine works and why their friendship is so important to the show. To me, the scene that seals the deal is the one where they're looking into the interrogation room and talking about recidivism rates. Horatio was citing facts, most of them very shocking and negative, but Calleigh looked on the bright side, noting that, if these criminals are caught, they can bring down the number of children that would be hurt by these creeps.

Calleigh always looks on the bright side and balances Horatio out - I really think that's been missing and is one of the reasons H seems so distant and cold. We need him to get around Cal's smile and bright attitude again!

BTW - For those who are interested, I posted the link to a new DuCaine vid I made on the fanvideo thread in shipper central. It's on youtube and is a sequel to my vid "Don't Speak," which I got a lot of feedback on. Please let me know what you think - thanks! :)

10. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Wow it's quiet in here.... I'm guessing there wasn't any H/Cal interation in this ep. Damn.

Come on y'all, keep the faith! When this strike is over, we'll have a bunch of loverly new eps and perhaps... just perhaps... we'll get the scene we've been waiting for.

11. miamirocks

Thanks for bumpin' up the post speedsdaughter! Sure is quiet in here .... and yes, no interaction for the 29th episode in a row :(

HOWEVER - I do have to say I was very interested in Calleigh's reactions during last night's episode. For those who could bear to watch it w/out GAGGING - who else noticed that Cal was uncharacteristically judgemental? At first, she was very sympathetic to Julia, but in that scene w/Eric and Cal there was a sudden SHIFT - she KNEW Julia was behind it. We usually don't see Cal like that - she's typically by the book.

I think that scene w/Eric came off weird b/c TPTB CUT the scene where Julia asks Cal about filing custody papers on Kyle. (which was STUPID - I mean, damn, we can't even get H and Cal to interact, can't we get Cal involved SOMEHOW in H's life, please??? It was in the script for cryin' out loud!).

So here's my theory (all be it from a DuCaine perspective) — Cal assessed Julia's demeanor in that cut scene. We all know Cal has good instincts, and once she met this woman she knew she was bad news. Typically, Cal doesn't voice her guilty/innocent opinions, but she's very vocal here. I think it's b/c she's going into protective mode w/H - and Kyle.

That last scene w/Eric and Cal, where she says she has a "bad feeling" about all this - that was awesome. Cal is right in tune w/things, and I'm glad she's somewhat involved in this. It was nice to hear her say Horatio's name a couple of times. (I don't think H has said Cal's name at all throughout this 29-episode drought).

Cal has always been there for H - she's known him the longest (12 years) and she's always had his back. Once this freakin' writers strike is over, TPTB should look at that and get Cal involved in this storyline. She'd be a formidable match for Julia, and I'd love to see Cal put her life on the line for H and his son. What a great way for them to get "back together!"

(BTW - Julia was really creepy, no? I mean what the heck did H ever see in her? At least we can take consolation in the fact that he seems to be attracted to blonds as well as Latinos ;) )

C'mon - bring on the DuCaine goodness!

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

No kidding, where did that scene go??
    The only thing Ducaine-ee good was just like MIAMIROCKS posted. Calleigh was all over pointing the finger at Julia. That was really nice to see. Calleigh's always had good judgement on people, but this just made it better because it involved Horatio. & I think she would have done anything to nail Julia for the crime. I was thrilled she wore green :D, it reminded me of the old casual Calleigh. Thats really stupid, but it's the little things, ya know?
    once again, TPTB have disappointed us w/ no scenes, it really worries me that were going on only 10 epis left & still nothing. I can't imagine what people would think if this were Mac/Stella or Gil/Cath. I can't say it enough...it's just too freaking odd!!
    It's very disappointing & I actually find myself "viewing" the show differently. Seems out of sorts. :confused:
    Im all for a little change in these characters life, but this is ridiculous....
    Im feeling a rant coming on, so i'll stop now :D

i think to try & continue discussion, maybe we should catch up on some old epis....pick an epi, give us your view on it...all the Ducain-ee goodness. If the writers won't bring it back, maybe we can through discussion! ;)

13. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey Everyone,

Just saying hi and letting you know the DuCaine love Lives!!!

I made a H&C Vid- DuCaine- Rule the world and a Horatio and Jyle for those interested with Spoiler clips from each episode they did together. Dangerous Son, Inside Out, Chain Reaction and finally, Raising Caine. Spoiler... End clips to Rasing Caine cliffy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIOKoe3v1N4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKWLFwHy6_g

I hope you all enjoy and hang in there during the writers strike and lets keep H&C alive with our Love and FF.

HCrazy Out

14. Aude

Aude Victim

I totally understand this i'm myself mostly viewing the show than watching it actually,only expecting for any H/Cal interactions.. :) IMO they make the show and hmm i doubt would ever been watching it without them..they're both my interest on CSI Miami..yea i know i'm a DuCainer to the chore.... :devil: :devil:
    I see my fellow shippers are in huge need of them and feel bad for you guys.. :( here the one network keeps airing saison 5 from time to time for not saying 2 episodes every 2 months..so since we've just been treated with ep6 we got plenty of time ahead for not witnessing no more H/Cal... :rolleyes: :(

Keep UNITY alive!..<3 :cool: :devil:

15. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Are yall in hiding again? LOL.

Thank God for A&E or I'd be going nuts right now. They've been showing some DuCaine scenes. I wish they reshow Camp Fear though, yes thats my DuCaine Obsessed Ep. I have a few others, but Camp Fear is love. :)