GSR - The Point Of No Return

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by jojoirishjojo, Aug 31, 2006.

1. jojoirishjojo

jojoirishjojo Hit and Run

TWO New Chapters

Chapter Six!

Flashback

Two hours pervious , Gilbert finally stopped thinking of Sara Sidle in his mind and got up and put on his jacket.
    This was it, he thought, no going back now. He was finally going to acknowledge his love for Sara, and in front of their dearest friends aswell.
    Grissom had put a lot of planning into tonight’s dinner. A month’s planning in fact , well if he was true to his heart this moment was five years in the planning really. He had endured hours of pain trying to fit the rosters so everyone could attend at the same time. Gil also paid the restaurant a visit to ensure that the menu would have a vegetarian option on the night he had booked the table. He also paid the nearest jeweller a visit , to have his mother’s ring cleaned and wrapped in a box for Sara.
    Despite having everything running smoothly , planning wise , Gil still felt like a box of nerves so to clam them he went to his fridge before he left to get a cool drink,
    ‘I need some Dutch Courage!!’
    joked Grissom to himself.

Present

Sara sat in her car outside the hospital. As she had been for the last ten minutes. She couldn’t bring herself to get out and go in. She was overcome with emotion as she finally walked through the doors of the hospital. Walking over to the front desk she asked what room Gil was in.
    ‘Miss Sara Sidle?’
    ‘Yes, I’m Sara’
    ‘I have been asked to send you up to the third floor, go straight to the waiting room, Mr Grissom’s doctor will be into talk to you in a moment’ said the receptionist.
    Sara only had to wait five minutes and sure enough Gil’s doctor came into the waiting room.
    ‘Miss Sidle, thank you for coming down so soon, my name is Dr. White , I oversaw Mr. Grissom’s surgery……’

2. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

Ahhh! Oh no, we need news on Grissom, update fast please!

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

argh, yes, I agree, please post more soon!

4. jojoirishjojo

Chapter Seven!

‘Surgery?’ gasped Sara.
    ‘It’s okay Miss Sidle, Mr. Grissom will make a full recovery , and I will shortly allow you to see him, his leg broke and my team and I had to set back his leg bone. However we had to take a blood sample as with all car crash patients. This lead us to finding a high level of ecstasy in Mr. Grissom’s system, Miss Sidle , as you are Mr Grissom next of kin we were hoping that you could shed some light onto this discovery for us. Especially seeing as Mr Grissom is such a respected man in the city of Las Vegas’ said Dr. White.
    ‘Ecstasy……Grissom….Never’ spat Sara.
    ‘Miss Sidle, believe me , I no of Gil’s reputation so I naturally had the test rechecked twice, and ecstasy was most clearly in his system.’ refuted Dr. White.
    ‘Well, can I see him then?’ asked Sara.
    ‘Of course , however Gil still hasn’t come round from his surgery’
    Dr White then showed Sara to Gil’s private room down the hall.
    As Sara walked through the door, she took and deep breath yet she nearly fainted when she seen all the tubes and wires that were now connected to the man she loved. Looking down at a very battered and bruised Grissom , Sara was unsure if he would ever wake up again, she was sure of one thing she knew Grissom better than anyone and thee was no way he would be so stupid to take an E , never, yet it was in his system. But how, and at that very taught Sara run out of the room and away from Grissom……………

5. MacsGirlMel

uhoh, please update soon!

6. ButterFlied92

Update soon please, can't wait!

7. CSI_Trainee

CSI_Trainee CSI Level One

OMG PLEASE UPDATE SOON.... NEED MORE LIKE REALLY BAD .... WOW ... JUST .... WOW!!!!!

8. jojoirishjojo

I might not be able to update very soon!!
    Back to college this week so loads of things happen for me!
    Will update again once everything settles down!

9. melbel

melbel Pathologist

sweet

10. jojoirishjojo

Had A free day to myself so i wrote this!!
    I think its crap cuz i feel I wrote myself into a corner
    Please let me no what it is really like!!

Chapter Eight!

Two Months Later.

Grissom sat at his desk at the lab, he couldn’t believe what had happened over the last two months.
    His job was nearly lost and his reputation with it. The city of Las Vegas wanted his blood and who could blame them, all the evidence pointed at Grissom. His loyal team never gave up and always believed his innocence and if it wasn’t for them and in particular Sara Sidle who wouldn’t give in, Grissom would indeed have lost everything.
    Gil was seated still , he was wearing his usually funeral black suit , he had just attended his one time colleagues funeral service. The media of Las Vegas went into a frenzy when they seen him walk towards the church,
    ‘Mr Grissom can we have our thoughts on Mr………..’ all the reporters shouted.
    They couldn’t believe he was there, mourning the man that had tried so hard to ruin Gil’s life, career and reputation.
    Between Catherine, Nick, Warrick, Greg, Sara and some excellent detective work from Jim Brass , they all proved beyond doubt that, Conrad Eckile slipped ecstasy into Gil’s milk bottle ,left outside his townhouse the morning before the now infamous accident , which Gil drank from before setting out to collect Sara.
    Sara was the one that had found Eckile’s foot print outside Gil’s front door and his fingerprint on the milk bottle. Catherine discovered the money trail that linked the deceased driver of the porche to Eckile. He had paid her to drive into Grissom’s on the night, her death along with her daughters were just an accident of self stupidity.
    Nick and Warrick proved that the treads found on the skid marks on the road where the accident happened were not a match to Grissom’s SUV. Along with this and the mounting evidence against Eckile, Greg was able to make the discovery that showed Eckile had used his sister’s SUV an hour before the accident to mark skid marks to implied that Grissom’s SUV was the one that was driving carelessly.
    Brass with his hard as nails interrogation of the two eye witness’ that claimed Grissom ran the porche over, learned that they two had been paided off by Eckile.
    Eckile was arrested and imprisoned less than two weeks from when the accident occurred. He had sent out to ruin Grissom and only ruined himself. Grissom learned from Eckile himself, that he did this because he wanted the night shift supervisor job for himself and the only way of getting it was to ruin Gil!
    Within a month of his arrest Eckile couldn’t take his faith anymore. He was found in his cell dead after committing suicide.
    There was a knock at Gil’s office door, when he glance up he saw Catherine come towards him. Catherine stopped just in front of his desk, as she looked around his office it was completely empty but the desk and chair that Gil was sitting on.
    ‘Hey how’s the leg holding up?’ asked Catherine.
    ‘It’s getting there, and it isn’t paining as much now that the weather is warming slightly.’ joked Grissom.
    ‘I’m going to miss you in this office and that pig in the jar of yours’ said Catherine.
    Grissom signed he too was going to miss his team and he tried to explain to Catherine ‘After everything that has happened , nothing could stay the same, it is the only way Cath………’

11. MacsGirlMel

You better get out of your corner and update soon, we want his job intact!

12. ButterFlied92

Ah no! But that is the Ecklie we know, AND HE WENT TO HIS FUNERAL?!?! haha, I guess that's the game of politics and well-known people, mourning the people that hated you. Get out! Get out of that corner d**n fast or else I'm gonna go crazy! Update soon!

13. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

This story is fab! Please forget your education (joking :lol:) and update soooonnn!!!
    What about GSR??????? :devil: :devil:

14. jojoirishjojo

Chapter Nine!

Sara stood in front of her full length mirror at home. She thought she would never see the day that she would wear a dress. Catherine had helped her pick it out. Tonight she was finally getting to go to that dinner that Grissom had planned, only this time she knew why and where she was going to. Her mind was awash with so many memories over the last two months.
    How she helped Grissom keep his job, of Eckile’s plight yet it was the day her life changed for ever that kept replaying in her head.

Flashback - One Month Ago!

Sara drove into the same parking spot, that she parked in the night of Grissom’s accident, at the Las Vegas hospital. She was here to pick up Grissom who was finally being let home.
    When Sara walked through the hospital doors, Grissom was already waiting for her.
    ‘Thank god you’re here, I don’t think I could stand this place any longer’ said Gil.
    ‘Well, I’m glad you asked me to collect you……especially since I haven’t been to see you that much…………..’ answered Sara.
    ‘Sara, you had your work, and if it wasn’t for you I might not have got to go back to work at all, that reminds me could you drop me off at the lab first, I have a meeting there.’ spoke Grissom.
    ‘Sure, lets go then, here ill take that bag’ said Sara while gesturing to Gil’s side bag.

Fifteen minutes later, Sara drove into the CSI lab.
    They both worked into the lab and Sara started to veer towards the break room as Grissom headed for Brass’ office.
    ‘Sara, where are you going?’ quizzed Gil.
    ‘To get some coffee, you can come get me when your ready to go home’ answered Sara.
    ‘I want you to come to this meeting aswell, I want you to hear want I have to say to Brass and the Head of the Department.’ explained Gil.
    ‘Well okay then, if you want me too.’ said Sara.
    ‘Gil, how are you, hows that leg?’ asked Brass.
    ‘Still a little sore Jim, but I have more on my mind today. I want to hand in my notice to the Lab……………..’
    ‘What? why Gil, you have been cleared of all charges and suspicions. Your job is very safe here.’ spoke the Head of the Department.
    ‘I am fully aware of that!’ said Grissom ’but with everything has happened these last few weeks I have had a lot of time to think to myself and now more than ever know that my true life doesn’t reside here at the lab……..on the graveyard shift anymore,
    I want to hand in my notice so I can applie for the position that has been left vacant with Eckile’s departure.’

An Hour Later.

Sara parked her car in the driveway of Grissom’s townhouse. Grissom place his hand on Sara’s thigh as she switched off the car. This show of affection made Sara jump slightly.
    ‘It’s okay Sara, I just want to explain to you first before we go in side.’ said Gil.
    ‘You don’t have to explain, your giving up your job because you want to get away from me…’ yelled Sara.
    ‘No Sara, that’s not the reason at all, if you only knew, the night of the accident I was going to collect you yes? said Grissom slightly yelling back.
    ‘Yes, but you never showed we both know that.’ answered Sara.
    ‘Well that night I was bringing you a dinner……’
    ‘No you weren’t , you were only collecting me to go to a Lab meal with the rest of the guys off the team, they told me they were invited too. So don’t sit their and try make it out that it was something special just for me and you.’ spat Sara as she drew Gil’s hand away from her thigh.
    ’God damit Sara, would you just listen for a minute, I did ask the guys from the lab aswel because I wanted them to be there when I finally…………..’
    ‘Finally what?’ demanded Sara.
    ‘Finally admitted to myself …..and you that I l…..love you……….with all my heart Sara’ said a nervous Grissom.
    Grissom looked up at Sara and he taught she was going to hit him….but she didn’t she threw herself on him and kissed him passionately.

What you guys think??

15. MacsGirlMel

grr why won't it let me post???

There it worked...darn thing lol.

Please continue soon!