Greg/Ryan - Florida isn't that far away...

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by stripforensics, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. life_style

life_style Pathologist

Re: Greg/Ryan [Crossover Slash] - Florida isn't that far awa

We'll miss you, Shadowfax :(

And Silhouette, two days with out sleep? That's not healthy hun :eek:

If Ryan and Greg were to rent a movie, what kind of movie do you think they would rent? :)

2. Silhouette

Silhouette Pathologist

Whoops! My bad... :p See, that's what happens to you when you're sleep depraved. I read somewhere that lack of sleep could lead to brain damage :eek: I'm scared!!
    Awww, yes it's not healthy, life_style. My parents have been telling me it's not worth it, but I just wanna get the work done perfectly. Awww sandersidle, Sue, miss you both too :) And yes, I miss my Gutterlicious mind too... it's been MIA along with me! :lol:

Anyway, saw E!News earlier and it's really short but there was a bit of 'Hot Guys Of CSI'... and can you believe it: No Jon or Eric!! :eek: They've got almost everyone else, from Gary (Dourdan) to Carmine. I totally screamed at the TV "How can you put the word 'hot' and 'CSI' together without GREG AND RYAN????????" I can't believe it... *shakes head*
    ... or maybe they're just afraid putting Jon and Eric there would outshine the rest of the gang :lol: You know, viewers would start fainting that no one's gonna watch the rest of the programme ;)

Hmm, Ryan and Greg were to rent a movie... the first thing on my mind is... yes, you guess it... Brokeback! ;) :devil:
    I dunno, maybe they could rent something hot. Imagine Ryan's like, "Man, that was hot." And Greg's like, "Well I'm hot..." And then they'd both get so hot that... you know, they both need a... umm, release. :devil:
    As we know. Bedroom's just a few steps away... ;) Or there's the couch if they like :devil:

Can't go any further into details :p *ducks under PG13 radar* Man it's so hard!!! (err... no pun intended with the last sentence... I mean, it's so difficult to be under PG13 :p :lol: :devil:)

*cough* PG13, right... Well they could watch something funny and have a really great time together :) Eating pop corn together :D Hehe would be so cute...

3. szmandatogoholic

szmandatogoholic CSI Level One

Oh, my gosh!! I have Brokeback Mountain with me right now, at the computer, so I can watch it here to save time of watching it in my bedroom. (It's sitting in between my legs so in case a family member comes in the open door- my family has this thing against homosexuality. Everyone except me, that is.)
    I think they'd watch either Brokeback ( ain't it funny how great minds think alike?) or Armageddon. Armageddon because they'd be wanting to express their views on the movie- also because of that AWESOME song by Aerosmith. (I listened to it last night while I was falling asleep- I started crying for no absolute reason.)

If they were drunk, do you think they'd just start singing a song(s) or just go home and go to bed? (I'm starting to read Harry Potter again, starting with the fifth book, and all of a sudden the scene from the sixth book popped in my head from where Slughorn and Hagrid were drinking and singing... this is what else the question is based on, besides RG!)
    Also, do you think that they'd start smoking when they're around each other a lot more?

4. life_style

life_style Pathologist

Interesting question.. I think they'd go home to bed and then start singing songs :lol: I can totally picture Greg jumping on the bed singing something rock-ish :lol:

5. szmandatogoholic

I can too!! :p :lol: I can imagine him singing "It's My Life" by Jon Bon Jovi. And also just picture Ryan beside him going "A heart is like an open highway!" with a hairbrush of Greg's for a microphone. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Oh dear, imagine them singing together. :lol: :lol: Karaoke... OOOH, THANKIES!! *scribbles on a pad of Post-Its*

So about the smoking... I think they'd be smoking quite a bit. My RG story is a spin-off of my triple crossover, so I'm working on it at the same time. (Ehh, trying to think up a title.) So Greg starts smoking as a result of all of the emotional blows that come at him in 'CFTC', and then Ryan starts smoking because he bunks a cigarette off of Greg.

Eh, that's my views on both the singing front and the smoking front.

6. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Oooooo Silhouette good to have you and your imaganation back. Runs off to cold shower after reading that. Too bad you couldn't go on, I'm sure it was hott.

I laughed so hard reading the movie you thought they would chose, too funny. I could see them cuddled up watching it getting.....um excited over scenes. Ya know they would have to pause it and um...this room is pg 13? You know...winks.
    Neeli (right) that is too funny about them singing together. I bet Ryan would have a great singing voice.
    Maybe they would go to a bar and get drunk and do Karaoke. I could see them singing " endless love" together..OK not really but that would be friggin hilarious.
    About them smoking...Does Greg smoke? I couldn't see Ryan smoking even though I think Jon might have in college, I know he doesn't anymore,but he chews gum like crazy.

7. szmandatogoholic

I've seen an avi somewhere where there was Eric Szmanda with a cigarette in his mouth. (I saved it to my Photobucket album for future reference- like if I wanted to find the pic.) I knew it would come in handy later! click here. And as for Ryan smoking, he may later but his/Jon's lives are the most mysterious things next to ninth grade English. :lol:
    You almost spelled my name right, Twiz! But I'll just take it that you forgot a vowel. (I have an 'E' at the end.) I remember it by saying, "It's 'Ne' and then 'Elie' as in 'Elie Weisel'."

I mentioned karaoke! I'm using it in my RG fic. *shhh*

8. Silhouette

Silhouette Pathologist

Hmm karaoke...

Jon singing :D

Just thought I should post that since we're talking about karaoke :D Mrs_Togo posted it in Jon thread, from Jon's Myspace. :)

I can't see them smoking though... maybe because I personally can't stand smokers. But I've seen the pic of Greg with cigarette in his mouth so maybe he does smoke. I just hope it's only occasionally...

9. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

That karaoke picture is so cute! *saves* :D I can totally picture Greg and Ryan singing together.

I've seen that smoking picture on google before. I think it's just occansionally. (hopefully :eek:)

So what do you think Greg and Ryan would do for Halloween? They could play dress-up. :devil: *hits pg-13 line with pointy stick. GO awayy!!* :p Just kidding :D

10. szmandatogoholic

I think Greg'd be some sort of... CAN I HAVE A FEW MINUTES???
    And about a question a few posts back, something about Fannysmackin' so-n-so posted... I can answer it entirely now that I've seen it. But I just rewatched a certain scene that made me cry a bucket so I can't post it right now.

Hehe... post it= Post-It... hehe I MADE A FUNNY!!

11. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Hey I actually watched csi last night just because I knew greg was going to get beat up and it would center around him. So did everyone know that he was an only child and a big time mama's boy? if not is this giving the fan fic writers ideas and even making them change some things in their fics or their thoughts?
    Like for example...
    We talked about how we thought ryan/greg family would react to them being gay.
    now we all said greg's family would be cool and ryan's would disown him.
    Now last night greg said his mom wanted 4 kids and only got him so she was overprotective. I'd think she would be really upset with him. I'm sure she's hoping for some grandchildren and well guys don't have kids..at least not yet. So that changed my thought on that subject. Also about who would move away. Well greg being a mama's boy i'd say he wouldn't want to go too far. Also the fact that he's lying to her about him still working in the lab shows he's afraid to hurt his mom and he loves her dearly. I never knew too much about him so I was happy to find this out even though it changes how I see him now. SO ok now sure if you guys have discussed this already but I'm too lazy to read up and i'm still kind of new to this....

Silhouette I love that pic and I feel bad Jon has a boo boo. WHen I first seen it on his my space I about fell off my chair. I'd do anything to hear Jon sing...I bet his voice is soooooo dreamy..does it look like he's singing a love song? I read where he sang "summer Lovin" from Grease in highschool...drools on keyboard..jadlgkjgkljfga;l
    had to clean them off.

12. szmandatogoholic

Yeah, I had to take a few notes for my story. I had to edit my ideas in my head for that part and it seems like it just edited it itself! (And here I am failing English 9...)
    So, Sue... how do you feel about CSI now? :p

Yeah, Jon sang "Summer Lovin'" in high school. (I can't remember where I found that out, though.) I'll search for some songs that he sang later.

Gotta go. My mom's telling me to get off. Adios!

13. Silhouette

Silhouette Pathologist

Wow very good points you have there, Sue...
    I haven't watched Fannysmackin' yet (they were re-airing S5 and Grave Danger was last week. I was excited, thought 'hey they're gonna air S7 now' then turns out now they're reairing S6 again :mad: It means another months and months before S7 arrives here :( damn)

Anyway, rant aside, yes I agree with you. Now that we know more about Greg's background it changes my view on him and R/G in general.

I always thought he came from a very easy-going family, fun, loving, and open parents and all... I almost thought his parents are just as humorous and crazy like he is :lol:
    Like you said, we thought his parents are the open one, and wouldn't mind about him being gay. But now after we find out his mother is overprotective, it changes everything. Greg would have a hard time coming out to his parents, esp his mom. He's scared about telling his mom that he's now out in the field, right? How about telling her he's gay? That's even a hell lot harder.

I agree with you. His parents might have some high expectations of him, seeing how protective they are and all. They might want him to get married to a good girl, settle down, have kids, etc etc...

We don't know yet whether his parents are against homosexuality or not... but I watched Oprah a while ago, and there's this mother who has a really hard time accepting her daughter is gay. I mean, she always thought she had the perfect daughter. She said she's very open with homosexuality in general, but it's just different when it's your own child. She said something inside her died when she found out.

So I guess it could be how Greg's parents might react. Especially since his mom had wanted to have 4 kids. She might expect Greg to be the perfect kid (since she can't have 4, she would put all of that expectations on this one kid's shoulder, Greg). I think she'd have a hard time accepting Greg with Ryan. She might even hate Ryan. You know, she'd think 'this is the guy who ruins my kid's life', especially if as far as she knows Greg had always dated girls before Ryan. You know, Ryan would easily be viewed as the 'bad influence'. Poor Ryan...

I hope Greg's Dad is more open though. What do you think?

Anyway, talking about if it affects the stories we're working, weird enough... The story I'm working on has Greg having an overprotective father :lol: (I didn't think so, but I needed it to fit a plot) So I might just change that to his Mom :p

Whoa, that's LONG :eek: I think I've just written an essay :lol:

14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Yes, a very good essay :p

I just thought of that now. It's hard to believe that such a fun-loving-kid-at-heard-kind-of-guy-like-Greg has such protective parents.

It would be hard for his mom. If you only have one kid, I can understand how it would be hard if they are gay. She cares alot for Greg, and I really think it would be hard on her. I mean, maybe she doesn't care, but from how Greg described her, I think she would.

It would be soo hard for Greg too. He didn't even want to tell his parents he's in the field, because he doesn't want them to worry. If Greg was with Ryan, maybe he would hide their relationship for a while. He would have to build up the courage to tell them. If Ryan doesn't have a problem with tellhing his parents, then he might get hurt by the fact that Greg won't tell his.

On a lighter note, like Silhouette said, maybe his dad is more laid-back. Greg never said anything about his dad worrying to much about him. :)

15. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Neelie I thought the ep was awesome and probably the best one i've ever seen, besides the one where Nick got buried. OK I'm such an angst whore. Let's see my fav ep of CSIM ..Nailed. YEP angst whore. But I liked it a lot. My problem with csi is the people. The way some of the actors acted about csim spinning off made me sick. I really dislike a few peeps on it and I just can't watch them and they are major characters. Now I love greg, Nick and Warrick, so can you do the math..hehe. I like the woman cop sophia, I think her name is. I'm not really big into tv and I only have 3 shows I never miss and besides them I don't watch much tv. I only got into csim because I was flippin channels and came across this stunning hott young man.. and i've been hooked since. OH that was season 3 and it wasn't delko..can ya guess who it was. I never watched miami because I didn't like kim delaney or David C, yes he annoys me but I have learned to live with him and his shades so I can watch me some togo. Anyways CSI was really good but i'm a Greys Anatomy fan and I'll be watching that instead. sry. I did get the ep of csi from season 4 I think but only because T.R. Knight from G/A was on it and boy was he great on it. He's a cutie too, no togo but #2.

I love your essay Silhouette and I agree with you on it all. As soon as I heard Greg talking about his mom I thought about you guys and this thread. I thought for sure this new info would spark some new fics and scenerio's.

I also agree with you Katie that if greg wouldn't tell ryan would be upset with him and it would cause problems with them. Man we really need to know more about ryan's family. Well at least now we know ryan isn't an only child...HE has a niece. SO maybe his parents would be more accepting of him being gay since they already have at least one grandchild...man we all may have been completely wrong about them. I dont think Greg would be able to tell his mom he was gay if he couldn't even tell her he was a csi now out in the field. I think he would jam himself so far into the closet...as for his dad being more open minded and maybe being able to tell him I dont think so. He said his parents, so i'd say his dad is just as protective. Plus if his dad was cooler you would think by now greg would have told his dad about being in the field and have him help tell his mom about it, but he hasn't...leading me to believe his dad's the same way.
    Ok done with my essay now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.