Grade 'Veritas'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 24, 2008.

?

How would you grade Veritas?

1. A+

15 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. A

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. B+

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Maybe a little late but i couldn't write my review until today

Veritas 5.01

Positive sides:

much more entertaining than Hostage.
    We got great scenes: Stella looking for Mac in the chopper, Stella running after Joe/Ethan, the whole "I survived" scene for Mac :D. They were dynamic and interesting. Also i found particulary attractive how some scenes were built, filmed and how they used the background music to create "tension".

Best scene: Stella almost falling off from the roof. Incredible realistic. (Maybe because Melina filmed her own risky scenes) I felt tension and my jaws dropped because i knew she was going to be ok but still that scene was a jewel. Bravo to Melina!

Villain: I hope to have Joe again in the showbut with desires of revenge. He looked very cruel in that scene where he amost killed Stella but weaker compared to the phone scene at the end with Mac

Under the spotlight: Sam. No doubt she was for me the best addition to the show. No matter what it will be written. It's so natural Kathleen 's chemistry with Eddie!! But i want more interaction with her and other characters. I'm hoping to see how she will affect Stella (if she does of course ;) It could be a very interesting option for later episodes considering these first episodes were dedicated to the Boys in the show :D

You have to love this!: the silences and the "enviroment" sounds used. It's fantastic that scene inside the bank when Stella saw Ethan at first. Somehow i knew somethiong creepy was going to happen!!!!!!! It was a great reminder of Season 1 where we had the creepy scenes but without the blue filter.

Blooper:At some point Mac reminded he was inside the car and totally covered with water but at the beginning you can see the car was only half covered :D. Also when he was inside the car, he should have had only half water inside the car(because the differences of preassures) but he almost drowed (sorry but English is not good enough to explain myself better ;)

Negative side

Relationships on the show :It was strongly suggested at the end of Season 4 a new stage in Mac and Stella's relationship had started. Also previous spoilers said these events were going to affect deeply two members of the team (Mac kidnapped). But suddenly the only scenes where we have something personal were those ones with Danny and Sheldon and even Don. But Stella??? Seriously, i understand they don't want romance on the very first episode but at this point they only are friends for God's sake! They could have include a "reunion" scene. We didn't ask french kisses (well we don't expect them at this point :D) just a hug and maybe "I was worried about you". If you ask me this lack of Smacked scene was something totally forced. How can't you have something after the "I'm worried sick" from Hostage?

Language: Shame on me! My English is bad i i coudn't understand part of the script. But believe me, it will be improved! :D (hey i watched the eppy just once!)

Stellaless: Only 6 scenes with her. And i love Stella so much i really miss it. Hopefully we will have a Stelal epiosde really soon :D

Nonsense:
    How is possible Stella didn't tell Mac anything about Joe's attemp of murder to her?. The fact he was so tired it's not plausible considering he shouldn't have been in the position to decide anything on the case due he was the victim of a felony (Pretty much as Stella in RND) and she should have had the first take on the case even if Mac was still working on the case! The fact is he read the charges to him and it was evident Stella didn't tell him anything about an attemp of murder to a CSI officer!!