Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

• Total voters
I kind of liked Lindsay not being there because Danny was more like the Danny I like in some old episodes. Maybe Lindsay needs an episode without him. :lol:

Hmm right where to begin?!
Yes I think it was a really good ep, kept you guessing all the way through and it was nice not to see the killer within the first 15 minutes. HOWEVER. Like others have said I personally think it's a bit ridiculous that Lindsay wasn't brought to the forefront as the story was essentially the same as hers....:brickwall:
Replacing Lindsay for Mac in some (if not all) of Mac and James' scenes would have added a lot more substance to the story (Not saying that Mac didn't do a fine job, because he did and Gary Sinise is - as ever - very good) as well as being a really powerful episode for Lindsay as she related and relived her ordeal.
We obviously don't really understand what reasons there are for the 3 rotating supporting cast being left out some eps but I really do think it was huge opportunity missed - it wasn't as if there wasn't enough material to pass out to the other cast.
I'm sure someone will come back saying Anna Belknap perhaps couldnt handle the powerful scene's but at least give her a chance?!
I don't want to go on too much about it so I'll talk about something else :lol:
-Shame Adam didnt get more scene's, I'm not sure if it's because of all the re-runs this season but I feel we haven't seen much of him at all (even less of Sid :()
- I really like Stella taking charge and feel it would be an interesting storyline for her if she was given the chance to almost leap frog Mac and become more senior
-Hawkes and 'The Fro'...yeeeeah glad it's only for one episode. I felt he was some 70's cop in the first scene
-Danny and Flack were on top form too.

Overall an ep I definitely enjoyed - just really quite irked at the golden opportunity to give Lindsay some depth and character away from the bloody D/L/L :scream:

I also noticed that Stella's scenes this season are more on supervisory, 'what you got', 'how you doing', 'where are we now'. Yeah she's the assistant supervisor but usually, Mac does them more. Hmmm... I'm having these thoughts but, I hope Mac's not going anywhere.

Last edited:
Oooh no I didn't mean permanently or in a way that Mac leaves. I just thought it might bring an interesting dynamic to the team and to Mac and Stella's relationship (not in a Smacked kind of way - coz i don't see it...).

Maybe something like Sinclair gets fed up of Mac and promotes Stella? I dunno. Just a suggestion :)

geeno i've been having those thoughts too, i think there's a reason for stella's apparent (if unofficial) promotion, she's even got her own office now! i dunno, i think mac might be off, but y'know, just a feeling, i have nothing whatsoever to substantiate it (other than gary's contract being up next season but that doesn't necessarily mean anything).

This one so much deserves the grade A+ and nothing else!

Looks like CSI:NY is back in its old and great shape :). What a fantastic episode with a thrilling story line! Mainly because of all the amazing Flack scenes. Eddie totally rocked this episode, and was in top form! I also couldn't get enough of Danny/Flack scenes, since they have such great dynamic. I also wanna give kudos to the actor who played the suspect/victim. His performance was very intense, and I was impressed. Definitely my favorite episode of season 6 so far. I never thought I'd warm up with this new season, but it looks like its bringing me on the right track, finally!

^Yeah me too, lisa. Because of that contract thing, I'm thinking this. I really like Stella. She's tough and smart and I think she can manage the lab but then Mac's always a big part of the lab. I remember she's sharing an office with Lindsay but now she has her own.

Really good episode. Intense and the mystery held almost to the end. I tought the young actor who played James was simply amazing. I'm glad to see things are on their way back, as in the writting which was crisp and the plot kept you guessing. I really liked the whole "chance timing" thing. The entire episode felt like a ride thru a fun house, you don't know what the next turn will bring.

The Flack and Danny scenes were priceless. The wrestling dwarf or the dwarf wrestler "barking" his answers was really funny. The bingo scene, again priceless.

On the minus side, The only thing that bugged me and i have to agree with Maya on this, is that the drug dealer may have eyes and ears all over the city, it was a little too convenient for him to be waiting for them at the coffee shop, on this quiet street. And the shooting in the street after, seemed a little over the top.

Adam : two too brief scenes is not enough.

Hawkes' hair : ... !!! nuff said.

No Lindsay, no Sid : !!!...nuff said !

I really could relate to the nerdy kid celebrating his 21st though. since I'm in school for computer science, never partied and approaching my 21st bday in a week. haha. Hopefully this isn't a premonition >.<
Watch out for clowns!:lol:

Hmmm... I'm having this thoughts but, I hope Mac's not going anywhere.
Was thinking the same thing, wondering if Garys travels will lead to his departure?:eek:

she's even got her own office now!
It was alluded to in GFD when they were talking about the artwork hanging in Stellas office.

On the minus side, The only thing that bugged me and i have to agree with Maya on this, is that the drug dealer may have eyes and ears all over the city, it was a little too convenient for him to be waiting for them at the coffee shop, on this quiet street. And the shooting in the street after, seemed a little over the top.
I think he did not know James saw him untill they came to his apartment and he realized he forgot one. That said he probably had them trailed and needed to get James before he could I.D. him as you suggested with the "eyes and ears" all over the city. And I have to agree about the shootout and the quiet street. All in all a good episode but I must say "kudos" to the guy who played "James" Bravo well done!:)

I've got better things to do than sit here with you two all day."

"Oh, I beg to differ."

Ahahaha! You have fine taste, Mrs. Petrinski old woman.

This episode could have been so much better if it hadn't been overshadowed by a cloying pall of Mactimony. I know that as a scientist, Mac is no moron, but watching him dazzle a purported Larry Fleinhardt trainee by finishing an Albert Einstein quote that anyone with a Google connection could find made me roll my eyes so hard that I sprained my ass. Last I checked, Hawkes was the resident physics nerd, but since this is sweeps, it's All About Mac. Don't even get me started with Mac's excruciatingly awkward, painful attempt to establish a rapport. "You and I are a lot alike."

God, I hope not, because if so, that boy is never getting lovin' that didn't come from his own oven. Someone should call the CSI:Miami wranglers and alert them to the fact that Horatio's lines have escaped the set.

While I'm glad that Danny's stolen badge storyline hasn't become the Angst Monster That Ate Midtown, I refuse to believe that the matter of his missing badge hasn't come up since his confession to Flack and hasn't interfered with his ability to do his job. Danny spent most of the episode shadowing Flack and questioning witnesses, yet neither Flack nor cagey suspects wonder why his isn't on display? How long does Danny intend to parade around the city without his badge, seemingly indifferent to the fact that it could be in the hands of a murderer or sexual predator? It's been several weeks, at least, if not months, yet Danny feels not a spark of urgency or sense of responsibility for his lost equipment, equipment that could be used to hurt someone.

Danny is a self-centered ass. The end.

Flack is definitely angrier than in previous seasons. His initial interrogation of the axe-happy birthday boy was openly hostile and positively seething. I thought he was going to strike the addled sadsack near the end. I suspect Flack no longer draws comfort from the idea of being the city's white knight, but sees the ultimate futility of his job. No matter how well he does as a detective, the damage has already been done, and the closure he offers victims in exchange for their loss does little to ease the hole left behind. No matter how many bad guys he catches, there will always be another, and another. He's frustrated and tired and haunted by the knowledge that being a killer is easier than he once believed.

Who here thinks Danny and Flack are going to be at the retirement home on Friday nights with bingo stampers in hand? I'm sure Mrs. Petrinski will be pleased.

No science, no spark, no sense. D

^Ouch, that's harsh. Well, it's your opinion. I hope Flack and Danny go to the retirement home for some bingo!

I loved this episode. It was funny and puzzling and had loads of Danny/Flack. So many of the lines were hilariously clever: blow out the birthday boy's candle -- I beg to differ -- NYPD is looking for inconspicuous types who blend in -- that must make you Babe the Blue Ox (I almost fell over at that one) -- Sipowicz.

The writer did a great job. The story kept me interested the entire way through. I liked how Mac seemed to identify with James. The only annoying thing was the accent of Rufus (the drug dealer). That was very distracting.

I gave it an "A", a grade I haven't used in a long time.

-they put the guy in a body bag?:confused: couldn't they just taser him again
-Flack: goodness. seemed a little harsh. although when the guy started mumbling about seahorses and starfish I probably would've gotten pretty mad too.
-"What's up?" good one danny. :thumbsup:
-WOAH Hawkes:wtf:. What is going on with your hair?:rolleyes: :lol:
-danny calling flack 'brotha'.then calling hawkes 'doc'. :guffaw:
-adam... "oh yes i didddd" :guffaw: :rolleyes: :p
-Flack at the conference table. Since when did he sit with the geeks?;)
-"I beg to differ" I loved that. Danny and Flack talking to elderly.
-

This probably is the most gruesome crime scene that I've seen on NY. Except maybe the episode where a cigar explodes in a guy's mouth.
I really liked the scene with Mac interrogating James and I thought all the danny/flack scenes were UH-mazing. :thumbsup: I gave it an A+​

B+

A winner for the most part, save for that cheesy shootout at the end. I loved how the episode took a page from The Hangover and had the team--mostly Danny and Flack--retracing James and his friends' wild night. The nursing home was awesome, as was the convo with the wrestler. Would have been nice to see a little more banter between Danny and Flack given all the weird they were encountering, but seeing them work together is always priceless.

I kind of loved the weird drug dealer--he was just so odd.

I see the point about Lindsay's backstory and what happened to James but...

I'm sure someone will come back saying Anna Belknap perhaps couldnt handle the powerful scene's but at least give her a chance?!

Yes, I'm going to say it. ;) And she has been given the chance--I'm thinking back to her unconvincing performance in "Silent Night" and "Sleight Out of Hand" and her emotionless, robotic interactions with a rape victim in "Admissions." I can't see her connecting with James... I can't even recall a time she connected with a victim/witness, ever, unless you count the dead girl in "Stealing Home." Hanging the emotion on this episode on her would have tanked it.

This episode could have been so much better if it hadn't been overshadowed by a cloying pall of Mactimony. I know that as a scientist, Mac is no moron, but watching him dazzle a purported Larry Fleinhardt trainee by finishing an Albert Einstein quote that anyone with a Google connection could find made me roll my eyes so hard that I sprained my ass. Last I checked, Hawkes was the resident physics nerd, but since this is sweeps, it's All About Mac. Don't even get me started with Mac's excruciatingly awkward, painful attempt to establish a rapport. "You and I are a lot alike."

God, I hope not, because if so, that boy is never getting lovin' that didn't come from his own oven. Someone should call the CSI:Miami wranglers and alert them to the fact that Horatio's lines have escaped the set.

Totally cracking up, and I agree... seeing Mac try to relate to the kid was awkward. But I kind of think it was supposed to be because Mac is so awkward. This doesn't come natural to him, unlike Horatio, who can feel your pain and relate to it in under five seconds. Best unintentionally funny scene was when Mac was droning on about physics and James just took off! Mac was being so boring he just had to escape!! :lol:

While I'm glad that Danny's stolen badge storyline hasn't become the Angst Monster That Ate Midtown, I refuse to believe that the matter of his missing badge hasn't come up since his confession to Flack and hasn't interfered with his ability to do his job. Danny spent most of the episode shadowing Flack and questioning witnesses, yet neither Flack nor cagey suspects wonder why his isn't on display? How long does Danny intend to parade around the city without his badge, seemingly indifferent to the fact that it could be in the hands of a murderer or sexual predator? It's been several weeks, at least, if not months, yet Danny feels not a spark of urgency or sense of responsibility for his lost equipment, equipment that could be used to hurt someone.

Danny is a self-centered ass. The end.

Yeah, he's definitely coming off as a twit on that front. I'm surprised Flack isn't riding him about it, but I guess even Flack has grown tired of Danny's antics.

Flack is definitely angrier than in previous seasons. His initial interrogation of the axe-happy birthday boy was openly hostile and positively seething. I thought he was going to strike the addled sadsack near the end. I suspect Flack no longer draws comfort from the idea of being the city's white knight, but sees the ultimate futility of his job. No matter how well he does as a detective, the damage has already been done, and the closure he offers victims in exchange for their loss does little to ease the hole left behind. No matter how many bad guys he catches, there will always be another, and another. He's frustrated and tired and haunted by the knowledge that being a killer is easier than he once believed.

Eddie was so good in that scene it gave me chills!

Back