Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

• Total voters
Danny doing the panda bear thing at Flack was adorable beyond words.

And Flack's line of, "Either I'm allergic to half-naked girls or there's a cat around here," is priceless. :lol: Flack, were you trying to tell Danny something? :devil:

The panda was cute. I loved Danny and Flack in this episode. :D Flack's allergy flaring up again was good continuity, of course judging from previous episodes he is selective about which cats he is allergic to. :lol: :) I don't care, it was cute anyway. I liked the scenes with Nelly, he did a good job, I wouldn't mind seeing him again, Terrence and Flack scenes will always be enjoyable I think.

I enjoyed this episode (I'll rate it B), it was OK, the case was good but not great, I'm not sure why I wasn't that taken with it, I guess I'll have to watch it again to see if I can appreciate more the second time around. Mac was his usual self, Adam was adorable (and stinky). :lol: I wonder if him asking for more field work is simply a way for him to appear more often now that he is a regular character on the show. Either way, I love seeing him out of the lab, and even back at the lab he was great.

Yeah, I agree that Danny and the panda thingy was really cute.

At least we got continuity even if it's minor. Flack's still allergic to cats! That was really adorable when he sneezed.

I'm glad to see Stella off the clock, and in the batting cages. Haaa, that fireman dude love interest is really cute. I'm really intrigued as to how that will play out in future episodes.

Adam! Adam in the field! Adam with the Pez dispenser was really hilarious and the conversation with Mac was so freakin' funny! I think I had a dopey smile during that scene.

Overall, the episode was fine.

Ok, I watched the episode and jotted down notes. :D

~ Oh Mac, u so smart. ^_^ I want to fly next to him. I could cling when there was turbulence and then just, uh, not let go. :angel:

~ Lawls, Wig-Lock! :lol:

~ Dude, Mac ain't listening to you, STFU.

~ HE POOPED HIMSELF TO DEATH!

~ Oh noes, his gun is missing - way to look unconcerned, flight attendant people.

~ Mac is so take-charge. Mama likey.

~ 'Remember, someone on this plane is a killer' - DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

~ LOL, nobody bitched loudly about having to turn back? THIS IS NOT REALISTIC!

~ LOL, 'Nice hair though' :lol:

~ Like nobody would notice Mac traipsing back and forth.

~ An empty overhead bin? Haha, yeah right.

~ 'Not the description of our vic' - no shit, Sherlock.

~ 'I'll collect the barf bags.' :lol:

~ Oh hai, Stella, you lookin' mighty foxy. *waggles eyebrows*

~ Stella, he's cute - tap that, kthanx

~ 'He was a three-striker headed to Sing Sing for a life stretch' - way too much lingo in one sentence, so I LOL'd

~ Danny and Flack scene. Yaaaaay! :hugegrin:

~ Desert Eagle 50? Somebody is overcompensating.

~ Ok, Danny's face when he popped up with the panda was adorable. I want to pinch his cheeks.

~ Dude, what air marshal opens his hotel door for a stranger holding a stuffed panda? I mean come on, I seriously doubt it was even his birthday. *sigh*

~ Danny is such a dork. :lol:

~ Yaaaaay, Stella arrived with Adam and Sheldon - in my little world, those two totally came in to work together. Don't try to crush my dreams.

~ Don't be difficult, or Mac will cut yo ass up, fool!

~ Adam is so cute holding his kit in front of him. *snorgles*

~ MAC WANTS YOU NAKED, FOOL!

(I saw all this stuff, from Stella, Adam and Sheldon arriving onward, with really crappy reception because my mom got the station to work on one of our TVs while the cable was out - so I kinda saw more than I thought I did.)

~ Ew, it's all grody on the plane. :wtf:

~ Adam is hilarious with the little bunny PEZ dispenser

~ LOL!!! 'I hate poop.'

~ Poor man wants more field work and gets stuck with the shitty jobs (no pun intended, but I LOL'd anyway - I amuse myself very easily sometimes).

~ Oh Sid, you perv. :D Of course having sex before boarding isn't as exciting.

~ Leopard hair - booyah @ my guessing skills for the promo. My animal identification skillz are fierce.

~ Danny and Sheldon are so pretty.

~ Yo, random chick dancing at the club -- a martini should always be shaken to a waltz. [/Donald Strachey Mystery dork]

~ Oh Flack, wash your hands. >_<

~ Is the 'canine' thing a joke that's going over my head? I don't get it. Is that Terrence's way of saying he knows they're cops? I'M CONFUUUSED!

~ Oh, I love when Flack gets commanding. Rawr! :devil:

~ I like the whole Danny/Flack/Terrence scene - there's a good dynamic between the three of them.

~ 'Assume the position' - *bends over the desk and awaits a spanking* Wait, what? Wrong position? Oops. *whistles innocently*

~ 'What is that smell?' - Um, poop. Just what it smells like.

~ Adam needs a shower - Sheldon can scrub him down, y/y? :devil:

~ Flack/Terrence - mistrustful, angry mansex, y/n?

~ Hehe, 'Doc' :hugegrin:

~ RUN, MAC, RUUUUUUN! [/Forrest Gump moment]

~ The guy playing the victim kind of, uh, can't act for shite in that flashback. Or maybe it's the way he's talking. Either way, I'm glad he only played the body most of the time.

~ Oh, how dramatic - Mac and what's-her-face alone in a circle of light in the hangar.

Overall, a good episode, as usual - certain character moments stand out most. The beginning wasn't as edge-of-your-seat thrilling as they might have been going for, and consequently they wasted too much time on the plane IMO. They could have landed sooner and shown Adam fishing in the toxic stew (which I know Kimmychu wanted to see :p) or something.

Also, possible mistake that I forgot to check for - weren't they seated in groups of two on the plane? If so, didn't the chart Mac was looking at throughout the episode have three dots on each side of the aisle? Anyway, minor thing I thought about. I could be wrong, though.

Preview: There wasn't one, boo! Now we have to wait two weeks for another episode.

But it should be a good episode - a case dealing with silicone 'dolls' and Sheldon's old school friend coming to see him? Should be very interesting indeed. :D

Once again, I'm lovin' your recap, Faylinn! :guffaw:

Pretty good eppy, I gave it a B+. And my three new favorite lines, Flack's "Assume the Position", Adam's "I hate poop...", and the Wig Lock guy's "Nice hair, though!" :)

I was pleasantly surprised with Nelly's scenes. :) He did a fine job acting, and there was excellent chemistry with he, Flack and Danny, and then again even moreso, with he and Flack when Flack put his offer on the table. Circling and sniffing eachother like two junkyard dogs. Should make for some compelling stuff between those two, down the line!

Nice scene with Stella in the batting cage, I like seeing them out and about doing personal stuff like that, once in awhile! And the fireman/potential love interest was cute, Go Stella! And I'm trusting the writers that this one will not be a whack job!! :evil: And we saw more Hawkes and Adam again this week, always a good thing! Keep it going!

Someone mentioned above if Mac would have thought of Claire during the plane's turbulence and potential hijacking situation, and I never even thought of that. Would have been a good time for a teensy little flashback on his part, and nice continuity, IMO. I liked seeing him take charge like he did though, Mac's great at that stuff.

I wondered for awhile if it was one of the flight attendants (especially after the condom), but I had the brunette pegged as the guilty one, not the blond. Fooled Me! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

:lol: You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Sid has had a 'mile high' experience of his own. He is full of surprises. But then, if he had, he probably would have started to tell a story about it...

Yes and er, yes. :devil: :lol:

Also, possible mistake that I forgot to check for - weren't they seated in groups of two on the plane? If so, didn't the chart Mac was looking at throughout the episode have three dots on each side of the aisle? Anyway, minor thing I thought about. I could be wrong, though.

No it was 3 and 3. I noticed the plane because I couldn't help but think that they had way more space than you normally get on a plane. :lol: But that's TV for you. In reality, planes suck (if you're in coach).

I wondered for awhile if it was one of the flight attendants (especially after the condom), but I had the brunette pegged as the guilty one, not the blond. Fooled Me! :thumbsup:

Me too! There did seem to be something suspicious about her.

So the Danny and Flack scenes were good (scoping his ass? what? yea, um, no)

I don't see what's the big deal. Guys check each other out all the time! They just don't like it when you point it out. Maybe Danny is becoming self-conscious that his bubble-butt has competition; maybe Angell told him Flack has a nice booty too?

Really? Yea, I don't think so with that either but if that's what you want to believe....

I've seen plenty of guys check out other guys. And no, I'm not just talking about gay guys either. But if you want to pretend it doesn't happen . . . ;)

I'll be back later with my review. I haven't had time to watch it yet, but I intend to do so this afternoon.

In my opinion it was a really good ep. I gave it an A-. The storyline was pretty interesting, but it would've been more interesting if two members of the team had been in the plane..and it woud've actually been hijacked :D. Well anywas here's what I liked about:
+clever Mac (he seems to know EVRYTHING)
+as I already mentioned interesting case, I seem to have a soft spot for things with planes
+Stella practising for the baseball game
+ADAM!! I loved him in that eppie! :guffaw:Everytime I saw him, I couldn't help but laughing all the time. The scene with the pez dispenser was hilarious and the other one with Stella and Lindsay, too.
+ Danny and Flack!!!:lol:
+Nelly did a better job than I expected him to do:thumbsup:
and the few things I didn't like:
-the damn FIREMAN!!!:scream::scream::klingon::scream:
-little bit too much Mac
-the brunette stewardess (dunno somrething was wrong with her. Why wasn't she the killer?? would've fit better)
All in all I really liked the ep.

I give this eppie a solid A. I really enjoyed watching it.

Some of my fave moments:
Adam and the Pez dispenser
Mac's seatmate being asked to be his lookout.
Stella at the batting cage. She's gotta mean swing.
The Leopard in the club. It just looked really cool.
Flack and Danny at the club. Poor Don and his allergies.

Ok, I watched the episode and jotted down notes. :D

~ Oh Mac, u so smart. ^_^ I want to fly next to him. I could cling when there was turbulence and then just, uh, not let go. :angel:

~ Lawls, Wig-Lock! :lol:

~ Dude, Mac ain't listening to you, STFU.

~ HE POOPED HIMSELF TO DEATH!

~ Oh noes, his gun is missing - way to look unconcerned, flight attendant people.

~ Mac is so take-charge. Mama likey.

~ 'Remember, someone on this plane is a killer' - DUN DUN DUUUUUUN!

~ LOL, nobody bitched loudly about having to turn back? THIS IS NOT REALISTIC!

~ LOL, 'Nice hair though' :lol:

~ Like nobody would notice Mac traipsing back and forth.

~ An empty overhead bin? Haha, yeah right.

~ 'Not the description of our vic' - no shit, Sherlock.

~ 'I'll collect the barf bags.' :lol:

~ Oh hai, Stella, you lookin' mighty foxy. *waggles eyebrows*

~ Stella, he's cute - tap that, kthanx

~ 'He was a three-striker headed to Sing Sing for a life stretch' - way too much lingo in one sentence, so I LOL'd

~ Danny and Flack scene. Yaaaaay! :hugegrin:

~ Desert Eagle 50? Somebody is overcompensating.

~ Ok, Danny's face when he popped up with the panda was adorable. I want to pinch his cheeks.

~ Dude, what air marshal opens his hotel door for a stranger holding a stuffed panda? I mean come on, I seriously doubt it was even his birthday. *sigh*

~ Danny is such a dork. :lol:

~ Yaaaaay, Stella arrived with Adam and Sheldon - in my little world, those two totally came in to work together. Don't try to crush my dreams.

~ Don't be difficult, or Mac will cut yo ass up, fool!

~ Adam is so cute holding his kit in front of him. *snorgles*

~ MAC WANTS YOU NAKED, FOOL!

(I saw all this stuff, from Stella, Adam and Sheldon arriving onward, with really crappy reception because my mom got the station to work on one of our TVs while the cable was out - so I kinda saw more than I thought I did.)

~ Ew, it's all grody on the plane. :wtf:

~ Adam is hilarious with the little bunny PEZ dispenser

~ LOL!!! 'I hate poop.'

~ Poor man wants more field work and gets stuck with the shitty jobs (no pun intended, but I LOL'd anyway - I amuse myself very easily sometimes).

~ Leopard hair - booyah @ my guessing skills for the promo. My animal identification skillz are fierce.

~ Danny and Sheldon are so pretty.

~ Yo, random chick dancing at the club -- a martini should always be shaken to a waltz. [/Donald Strachey Mystery dork]

~ Oh Flack, wash your hands. >_<

~ Is the 'canine' thing a joke that's going over my head? I don't get it. Is that Terrence's way of saying he knows they're cops? I'M CONFUUUSED!

~ Oh, I love when Flack gets commanding. Rawr! :devil:

~ I like the whole Danny/Flack/Terrence scene - there's a good dynamic between the three of them.

~ 'Assume the position' - *bends over the desk and awaits a spanking* Wait, what? Wrong position? Oops. *whistles innocently*

~ 'What is that smell?' - Um, poop. Just what it smells like.

~ Hehe, 'Doc' :hugegrin:

~ RUN, MAC, RUUUUUUN! [/Forrest Gump moment]

~ The guy playing the victim kind of, uh, can't act for shite in that flashback. Or maybe it's the way he's talking. Either way, I'm glad he only played the body most of the time.

~ Oh, how dramatic - Mac and what's-her-face alone in a circle of light in the hangar.

Overall, a good episode, as usual - certain character moments stand out most. The beginning wasn't as edge-of-your-seat thrilling as they might have been going for, and consequently they wasted too much time on the plane IMO. They could have landed sooner and shown Adam fishing in the toxic stew (which I know Kimmychu wanted to see :p) or something.

Preview: There wasn't one, boo! Now we have to wait two weeks for another episode.

But it should be a good episode - a case dealing with silicone 'dolls' and Sheldon's old school friend coming to see him? Should be very interesting indeed. :D

Faylinn, I swear you can make the dullest, most boring, most forgettable episode of ANY CSI show sound exiciting...even funny.

Maybe Terrence, in an sarcastic/insulting way was suggesting Flack might be more of a K-9 unit cop.
K-9 unit is where the police officer's partner is a dog...usually a German Shepard. Get it now???
Or...maybe that was Terrence's way of calling Danny a dog. Flack and Danny just didn't catch on. Just a thought.

Now to how I voted and why.
B+. This episode was better than last week's episode Page Turner...but it was still boring. CSI: NY is having the same problem in its season 5 a former favorite show of mine, Diagnosis Murder had in it's season 6. "What problem is that?" you ask. I'll tell you. The first episode was too good. It was dramatic, exciting, kept you on the edge of your seat. It made you wanna watch the way too many of them, super annoying commercials and not take a bathroom break or snack break so you wouldn't miss anything. Because of that, these last 2 episodes have seemed boring and mundane. I hope CSI: NY isn't following in Diagnosis Murder's season 6 and CSI: Miami's footsteps. CSI: Miami has been going downhill/in the crapper since its season 4. I hope CSI: NY isn't going down that same path starting a season later than CSI: Miami did-(CSI: Miami season 4, CSI: NY season 5). I hope the next episode which airs 2 weeks from last night--that'll be October 22, 2008--is as good as Veritas was.
The reason for the 2 week wait...3rd and FINAL Presidential Debate. It can't be over fast enough for me. I HATE those debates.

One last thing, I still say the writers and producers of CSI: NY owe us that Mac in the shower scene we didn't get in Veritas cause that bullet fell out of Mac's shirt.

Last edited:
I gave it a B+ I was pleasantly surprised but i need to stop myself watching Criminal minds first which has big bangs and then watch NY.

I am slowly as this season goes along turning to Flack more and more because he has some of the best lines of the show ever, today he did himself proud.

I loved the Panda scene and Dannys expression when he lifted it up was priceless screencap moment when i just got a fit of the giggles its worrying how i laugh more at the show for those moments.

Nelly was good he wasn't bad stunt casting for the character he was because you needed a big guy with a presence which i nice, interesting to see how they use him later in the season he could be good and him and Flack just work well off each other, reminds me of LV and Brass and Drops and the relationship they had.

Adam was just cute he wanted more time so he got the poop, gotta love it, Tho it seems to be a rookie job anyway.

The fireman was pretty hot i do say she has good taste in men.
I was impressed though Mac didn't annoy me as much as he did in the last to eps, he did a litter but i wasn't frustrated at his Super Mac powers as he seemed to be ok.

Overall was pretty good ep.

I don't see what's the big deal. Guys check each other out all the time! They just don't like it when you point it out. Maybe Danny is becoming self-conscious that his bubble-butt has competition; maybe Angell told him Flack has a nice booty too?

Really? Yea, I don't think so with that either but if that's what you want to believe....

I've seen plenty of guys check out other guys. And no, I'm not just talking about gay guys either. But if you want to pretend it doesn't happen . . . ;)

I'll be back later with my review. I haven't had time to watch it yet, but I intend to do so this afternoon.

Apparently we live in different worlds then....

I don't think I'll ever be able to sit down and jot down notes during a show, that's just me though. Maybe on second viewing! To those of you who have, way to multi-task! :)

I gave this episode a solid A.

I loved the whole team working together on one case and they each contributed pretty equally (even Lindsay! *gasp*flail*). Or at least ity appeared that way to me. Adam, Flack and Danny were awesome as usual with their bits of comic relief. I wish Stella and the fire fighter had actually flirted more, but I liked that exchange (cute fireman is cute! And young!) Nelly wasn't great, but he wasn't horrible either. I think he held his own and I'd love to see him back working with Flack. He and Eddie have a good rapport. The red harring suspects were good as well. Even though in the back of my mind I knew they weren't the killer, there was actually enough to make them look like viable suspects and the actors did a good job of acting shifty. I thought the killer was the dark haired flight attendant. I couldn't just go *ping* "you're the killer" as soon as someone appeared on screen and that is obviously very helpful to staying entertained and involved with the show. :p Here are my Fay inspired comments I wrote down while watching.

--Ew. Way to peel back your rug, dude. It made you look like an alien. This is two out of three weeks I've been made to think of aliens when watching NY. They seriously need to do a crossover with Torchwood.

--"That guy's dead all right. Nice hair, though." :guffaw:

--Suspicious stewardess is suspicious.

--If the seat belt sign is on why are all the other passengers oblivious to Mac walking around freely?

--Cute fireman is cute! And young! :adore:

--Resisting and saying "I didn't do it" doesn't help in taking suspicion off of you, passenger guy. :shifty:

--Stupid suspect is stupid. You have blood on your sleeve and your acting like a freak. Of course your a suspect, dumb ass.

--That's what you get for messing around with the pez dispenser, Adam. And bravo for having absoulutely no affects/effects from being held hostage and beaten within an inch of your life the last time you were in a building that looks very similar to this one. :rolleyes: No, I didn't expect any, but still . . . :rolleyes:

--If "everyone" is supposed to be at the airport where the hell are Danny and Lindsay?
Maybe they're in the lab's utility room so TPTB have another option for when little "Dindsay Dantana Messer-Monroe" was concieved. Thanks to Fay for the baby's name.

--OK. There's Lindsay. Where the hell is Danny? At least Sid didn't know what the murder weapon was either. Maybe we won't be seeing "Stupid Lindsay" this episode. That would be a nice change of pace.

--Rut Roh! Flack forgot to take his Zyrtek. Oh, he must have a really minor allergy because he only sneezed once, even though the leopard got increasingly closer to him. :rolleyes:

--I love it when they stab things! Stab away, Stella and Lindsay! The only thing that would make this scene better was if they were stabbing another pig.

--That's right, Mac. Your greatness will allow you to go into the plane after Stella and Hawkes processed it and find what they couldn't.

--I guess suspicious flight attendant wasn't suspicious. Non-suspicious flight attendant was sneaky.

--Way to contaminate the murder weapon, Flack. Repeat after me: "I will always use gloves or a cloth to pick up evidence."

--Stupid murderer is stupid. You basically killed the guy in self defence and to save all of the other passengers, but your greed got the better of you. They may have gone easy on you if you'd reported it. Way to go, sweetie.

MBGrissom said:

even moreso, with he and Flack when Flack put his offer on the table. Circling and sniffing eachother like two junkyard dogs.
Yeah, each is definitely wary of the other. It'll be interesting to see them work together.

Elsie said:

No it was 3 and 3. I noticed the plane because I couldn't help but think that they had way more space than you normally get on a plane. :lol:
Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

AnJella said:

The storyline was pretty interesting, but it would've been more interesting if two members of the team had been in the plane..and it woud've actually been hijacked :D.
It would have reminded me of the episode of The Unit that aired last week or whenever (I don't watch the show, but I've caught part of a few episodes this season). :p I'm not sure even Mac could be as kick-ass as those Unit guys. :lol:

-the brunette stewardess (dunno somrething was wrong with her. Why wasn't she the killer?? would've fit better)
Yeah, she definitely sort of stood out more. I think it was her hair, I don't know why, but that's what stood out to me. (Maybe I'm just weird, I dunno. :lol:)

MBGrissom said:

Once again, I'm lovin' your recap, Faylinn! :guffaw:
Carolyn3843 said:

Faylinn, I swear you can make the dullest, most boring, most forgettable episode of ANY CSI show sound exiciting...even funny.
Aww, I live to perv - er, serve. :eek:

One last thing, I still say the writers and producers of CSI: NY owe us that Mac in the shower scene we didn't get in Veritas cause that bullet fell out of Mac's shirt.
Hey now, if Mac gets a shower scene, Adam deserved one too after fishing through the toxic stew. I feel gypped! :scream:

Dawni said:

Adam was just cute he wanted more time so he got the poop, gotta love it, Tho it seems to be a rookie job anyway.
Yeah - poor Adam, getting the rookie jobs. If we didn't know the rookies got stuck with the shitty jobs, I might think Mac was just being mean. :p

CSI_Stokes_Girl said:

I don't think I'll ever be able to sit down and jot down notes during a show, that's just me though. Maybe on second viewing! To those of you who have, way to multi-task! :)
FlackFan01 said:

Neither could I!
If I jot stuff down as I'm watching it on TV, I usually miss things (of course, I usually miss things anyway because I'm chatting at the same time) - if I jot stuff down while I'm watching it later on with the VCR remote in my hand, it takes longer to watch the episode because I pause to write things down. :lol:

PerfectAnomaly said:

--Ew. Way to peel back your rug, dude. It made you look like an alien. This is two out of three weeks I've been made to think of aliens when watching NY. They seriously need to do a crossover with Torchwood.
That would be awesome. For reals. :bolian:

--If the seat belt sign is on why are all the other passengers oblivious to Mac walking around freely?
Exactly - someone would have to wonder about that. And if that person happened to be holding a gun and preparing to hijack a plane, I think they'd be even more aware of a guy walking back and forth down the aisle and looking around at everyone.

--That's what you get for messing around with the pez dispenser, Adam. And bravo for having absoulutely no affects/effects from being held hostage and beaten within an inch of your life the last time you were in a building that looks very similar to this one. :rolleyes: No, I didn't expect any, but still . . . :rolleyes:
We got cat allergy continuity - you can't expect more than one bit of continuity per episode, dear.

Also, totally random comment, but I just noticed the little pumpkin UGO thing at the top of the board. Hee! :p

"I'm not in the business of letting criminals go free."

Somehow, Mac, I don't think Flack is, either.

Mac's self-righteousness bugs me. It pisses me off, as a matter of fact. I don't blame Gary Sinise. Even though I'm sure he had input into Mac's character(his badass military career and creepy Ronald Reagan fetish portrait), I doubt he writes Mac's dialogue, which, so help me, smacks of fanboy fantasies of the tortured hero and the power boner they get stroking their peens under the blankets at night to images of their would-be exploits. A true hero doesn't go around whipping out pithy one-liners and waving their badge like a nickel-plated codpiece; a true hero does the job without fanfare, and Mac spends a great deal of time wielding his righteous indignation like a phallic cudgel.

I find it interesting that Mr. "I uphold the law" was only too happy to throw protocol out the window and piss down the back of civil liberty to catch his killer. Yes, one of the passengers on the flight was a murderer, but the other passengers weren't, and he had no right to piss and moan that he couldn't detain them beyond 24 hours. A NY airplane hangar isn't Gitmo, and until the army kicks down the Statue of Liberty and declares martial law, them's the breaks. To expect tired, cranky, pissed-off people who are probably missing important appointments in their own lives to cheerfully idle in a stuffy hangar indefinitely while Mac works his juju is delusional. I'm the most passive wallflower in the world in group situations, and if you told me I couldn't shower or even use the bathroom since I need an accessible toilet, I would morph into Linda Blair from The Exorcist. Except I wouldn't be spewing pea soup.

It was nice to see Flack as the voice of reason for once. He's usually the one chafing at established protocols when they impede an investigation or implicate a fellow officer, but here he was the implacable herald of That's the Way It Is, Mac. Cope.

I also loved his interactions with Terence Davis. I wonder if the deal for Davis to work as a C.I. was the D.A.s idea, or Flack's. If it were the latter's it shows quite a glint of ambition on his part. Flack is certainly a decent guy, but I suspect that he wouldn't mind making his departmental bones and becoming Chief of Detectives someday, either.

I was bewildered by the Knievelesque leap of logic Lindsay and Stella took to discover that the writing on the victim's hand was GPS coordinates.

"I took a closer look, and the "l"s are 1s."

"Maybe it's a code."

"A set of GPS coordinates."

Excuse me, ladies, but I've got to strap on my paraglider if I'm going to make that leap. A bit of explanation would have been nice.

"So, who kills an air marshall and returns back to their seat to watch the in-flight movie?"

I know I wear my grammar pants too tightly, but I can't help it. "Returns back" is a redundancy worthy of a call from the Department of Redundancy Department, not to mention just plain awkward. Who edits this garbage? Yet more proof that the American educational system has hit rock bottom and is tunneling through Tartarus with a teaspoon.

I'll take off my grammar pants now if I can find the soap.

The episode wasn't bad. Once again, it was a single case, which is really the show's forte. I loved Mac's paranoid inventor seatmate and was glad that he wasn't the killer. It was a treat to see him go from clutching his armrests in white-knuckled terror to decisively declaring, "I'll get the barf bags" when Mac needed to print the body. It wasn't much, but it was a nice character moment.

Also refreshing was the killer. In a show rife with unrepentant ass waffles, it was interesting to see a killer who had a conscience. Yes, she helped her boyfriend escape from prison and was willing to kidnap an Air Marshall, but she was unwilling to be party to murder and hijacking. Granted, her response to this breach of her moral boundaries was to kill her double-crossing boyfriend, which raises the question of just how firm those boundaries were in the first place. Her muddled motives and twisted sense of conscience made it a far more interesting case than it had been through the first forty minutes.

The C.I arrangement between Nelly and Flack could prove interesting down the road, and I suspect it will cause problems down the road. Time will tell if Samantha Flack will become embroiled. Maybe Davis will tell Flack something about baby sister that he would rather not know, and Flack will have to choose between family and duty. For now, I'm cautiously optimistic, but like so much else on this show, it could go sour in a hurry.

Nice to see they remembered Flack's cat allergy after forgetting it in the episode with the ark, or as Flack called it, "The good ship Looney Tunes."

"I hate poop." So do I, Adam. Mercifully, the writers managed not to shit themselves for a whole episode. Let's hope it lasts.

B

Back