Grade 'Summer in the City'

She's getting fired.

She planted evidence. Of course she is getting fired. Mac has no choice but to fire her.

I was actually thinking, for most of the episode, tht they were going to give her some terminal illness. She looked so pale and washed out the whole episode.

The episode. It was alright. I spent most of it thinking that NY is like a buffet of sexy men. Danny looked hot. Sheldon looked hot. Flack looked hot. Zack looked hot. Mac looked hot. God, they all looked hot. *fans self* Was there a even a plot to this episode? Because I missed it, as I was too busy feasting on the eye candy. :devil:

That was NOT a fat mosquitoe, btw. That was the skinniest mosquito I've ever seen. It was absolutely starving.

Come on, props department.

It wasnt my favorite episode by far. I though Aidan was sick as well and I much prefer Hawkes in the morgue. He's great there.
Was it just me or did Flacks hair look weird?

Yeah, this episode was pretty disappointing. I was entranced with the seductive nature and abysmal decadence that the series opener gave last year, the one where the guy locked the girls into their heads by paralyzing everything but their eyes. That was an episode that I thought used the techniques we’ve all grown to love about CSI, all the while using gritty subtext to play on our emotions fears. This episode opener lacked all that, and matter of fact, I heard Zuiker was going to make this season more upbeat, because of apparent criticism last year for making the show dark. He had it right the first time; darkness is exactly what this show needs, an aura like the first episode that just punches the audience in the face with raw effervescence pouring from the actors, the scenery, the dialogue. This episode displayed a kind of Scooby-Doo whodunit mystery, the fake non-emotional confessions, non-interesting subplots, and amalgamations of effect similar to “I would’ve gotten away with, if it wasn’t for that damn mosquito,” or “Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful”, both of which made me gag and laugh at the same time. Where’s the guy who shouting at the top of his lungs for his lawyer, who won’t give the detectives the satisfaction of trying to make them understand, where are the matrices of complexity that makes us jump out of our seat with intrigue, where’s the love of suspense? It’s all washed down by the desire to make the episodes “accessible” when in fact they turn away audiences who are familiar with the pedagogical nuances of forensic analysis displayed in this show and the original series, who know what kind of techniques can be used and can keep up with the jargon. But no, they water it down with this simplified lackluster tepid writing and execution. Zuiker better have some pretty impressive toils of wit up his sleeves to keep my interest for the duration of this season.

A-

It would have been an A if it hadn't been for the mosquito. Hawkes notices a mosquito randomly that conveniently waits for the guys to finish finding the body in the exact same place? Ok, give me a break. Lame.

Otherwise, a terrific episode!!! I loved both cases, and the rape case Aiden was on was interesting too.

Aiden--well, I guess we know how she's going to leave now. All I have to say is kudos to the writers for not killing her off or worse having her get raped by the guy (I'm assuming this doesn't happen). Having her falsify evidence is a totally bold move, and it's interesting because it leaves room for debate. It's wrong, but it's hard not to sympathize with Aiden.

I'm one of Mac's biggest critics, but I don't think I'll hate him for firing Aiden, even if I can understand what she's doing. It's still not right, and falsifying evidence is a huge deal. He'll be totally justified. I think it's a great situation that's been set up, and I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Hawkes, why did you leave the morgue? So you and Mac could act out rookie/mentor cliches? *yawn* It's great to see more of Hawkes, but why would an ME want to be a CSI?

Danny looked hot. :devil: And his mother dresses him, lol. Too funny.

Flack's new hair and the sunglasses? Oh, where is a drooling smiley when I need one? :devil: :D

Danny looked hot. :devil: And his mother dresses him, lol. Too funny.

I laughed my ass off at that. Poor Danny. But I swear, if he had looked down that model's cleavage one more time I was going to throw something at the TV. Although I did have to laugh when he first went and talked to her, and stood with his hands behind his back. Like he was afraid he might just reach out and fondle her. :lol:

Flack's new hair and the sunglasses? Oh, where is a drooling smiley when I need one? :devil: :D

Flack was looking extremely sexy. Too bad we didn't get to see more of him. He needs more screentime.

And how cute is Zack? I hope we see more of him. He seems like he would be a funny guy. And, let's face it, he isn't bad to look at. One more sexy little dish on the Eye Candy buffet that is CSI: NY.

Even though I gave the show a B+ rating...I do have something else to say...I noticed both CSI: LV and NY's premiers followed in the same footsteps. For me they we're both an okay (run of the mill) episode ending with you going "Oh wow!" or "Shit..." or "The best part was the end!! I waited all season for this!?"

Yeah...that's how I feel.

I may have to watch the episode again to be sure, but I don't think I saw Mac wear a tie during the whole episode...

Back