Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
As for Mac and Jo's shopping trip, I am not sure what viewers are suppose to take it. Do male/female coworkers go shopping together? Probably, but in tv terms I on'y have two references that come to mind.

Frasier when he and Roz were shopping together. Platonic and just a night of Christmas shopping.
The Office when, then apart, Jim and Pam went to shop for Kevin's birthday stuff.

So back to my original question, are we to think they were just out as friends or that the storyline has jumped to them dating?

I have decided to make peace with the Mac/Jo thing even if it isn't my first choice.

As for Mac and Jo's shopping trip, I am not sure what viewers are suppose to take it. Do male/female coworkers go shopping together? Probably, but in tv terms I on'y have two references that come to mind.

Frasier when he and Roz were shopping together. Platonic and just a night of Christmas shopping.
The Office when, then apart, Jim and Pam went to shop for Kevin's birthday stuff.

So back to my original question, are we to think they were just out as friends or that the storyline has jumped to them dating?

I have decided to make peace with the Mac/Jo thing even if it isn't my first choice.

I don't think we're supposed to think they're dating. I think they'd make it more clear cut/obvious if they went that direction. Of course these are the same writers that had everyone confused as hell about DL at one point, but I think they'd be more deliberate in their actions regarding the two main characters.

I don't think we're supposed to think they're dating. I think they'd make it more clear cut/obvious if they went that direction. Of course these are the same writers that had everyone confused as hell about DL at one point, but I think they'd be more deliberate in their actions regarding the two main characters.

Maybe they're giving them these type of scenes because of what's coming up when Jo's ex appears.

He's supposed to notice something between them, so them going shopping and scenes like when Jo asked Mac to accompany her to the parking lot could be build up for that.

^ agreed, they need to have at least little hints in order for his storyline to work, so i'm guessing these are a set up for that, at least partly anyway.

sure they do, i've been out socially with many of my male coworkers, shopping sometimes or coffee, or lunch, even dinner, quite often (ok, most often!) just plain old booze up. i think the problem is looking to tv for other examples. because tv is such a short medium (ie they have 40 mins a week to get a lot of points across) and they only have a limited remit (ie the characters have to be shown in given situations - the lab, or whatever - most of the time), they have to use things which in real life might be perfectly normal (ie co-workers actually getting along and discussing stuff other than work) to make much bigger statements about the lives of the characters.

hence, when i go for a drink with a male work buddy, no one thinks twice about it, but when a male and female character on a tv show do that, suddenly it's the hottest date this side of the milky way and they might as well be married already because no one (on the viewer side) is ever gonna let them forget it! i think smacked is a perfect example - there were so many things between mac & stella that i saw happening in various offices where i worked, between male & female colleagues, sometimes even involving me, and it was never romance, or rarely, it was more often just camaraderie and being mates so you could get through work without being bored (in our case) or too affected by the content (in mac/stella's case). someone else who posts here is a paramedic and she's told me many times that in the kind of life/death, high pressure situation that that kind of work (and, arguably, cop & csi work) entails, those bonds get even stronger, it doesn't mean there's romance, just that you, y'know, get along!

oops that veered off into smacked territory a little, off topic, sorry...

^^Admittedly I have little work experience to draw on. The closest thing I have is that Jake and I went to a school related party Thursday and the women from the Edu. Dept. insinuated that we were on a date and a cute couple. It made an awkward moment.
But back to Mac/Jo, I peruse the spoiler topics but I am not sure when David James Elliot shows up. I guess it is down the road enough that the Mac/Jo will progress because the shopping thing is a weak romantic storyline.
But regardless of the woman paired with Mac, some are going to be happy and others are going to moan about it. I am going to try to keep my bemoaning only on ratings and rather CBS decides to cancel NY.

I just loved it!!!That was an A for me!!!

Sela Ward did an amazing job here connecting with the woman that actually was the murderer.Their interaction in the last scene was my favorite part of the episode.
Danny and Flack as always shared their humourous lines and the case overall was great in my opinion with an understandable motive..I didn't like the limited screentime that Hawkes got this time.

I adored it! I loved the case. I thought what Alena did for her co-workers was really wonderful. What her boss did to her was just wrong...hated him for it. I love Sela/Jo, so I just adored all the Jo we got in this episode. I loved the scene at the beginning with Jo and Mac..."Now! Really?" Too funny! <3

I loved this episode. The holiday episodes in NY are always so wonderful. All the people, the show, just NY at the holidays. Loved Mac like always and I am growing to like Jo more and more every episode.

Back