Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

• Total voters
I gave this season an A. It was a great season but still was missing somethings. It focused to much on Mac rather than the other characters. I would love to find out more about the other characters like Flack, Adam and Sid.

I gave it an A. I thought it was a great season despite a few crappy episodes (Boo and Playing with Matches come to mind).

Luckily the good episodes (Child's Play, All in the Family, Admissions, Right Next Door, You Only Die Once, Commuted Sentences) outweighed the bad and made for a very good season.

The lack of DL was refreshing as was learning they were never a couple to begin with (which I already knew:p). It was nice to see Lindsay in the background as well as DL. Thank you TPTB for that.:thumbsup:

While I'm not going to complain about a Mac centric finale, it was nowhere near as good as Snow Day (you know, the actual case).

I voted C. Compared with season 1 to 3, there wasn't much I liked this season, apart from a few scenes and episodes. The cases weren't as interesting as they have been in the seasons before, and the two big storylines were way too long for my taste. There were a few really good scenes, and I liked the season's beginning.

I gave this season an A. The storylines were very good, such as 333 stalker and the Cabbie Killer. My favourite episodes were 'Personal Foul' (for the Danny/Flack interaction); 'Time's Up', for Flack's quote, and 'Down the Rabbit Hole'. I liked how they tied in Second Life and the way Mac was just clueless about Internet chatting :lol:.

However, I didn't like the way Peyton didn't even attempt a long distance relationship, and broke up with Mac via letter. He has a phone, you know. This season seemed to focus on Mac a lot, actually. I mean, getting kidnapped twice? I don't mind seeing Mac :). I'd just like to see more stories based on the other characters, like 'Child's Play' and 'Personal Foul'. But overall, it was a very good season, and I give it a big thumbs up :thumbsup:

for some reason season 4 just couldnt do it for me.... i have to say season 2 was the best so far.... although in season 2 we loast aiden :confused: but out of all 4 season 2 was by far the best... season 1 was also brilliant 3 & 4 were just not as good as they have been and i fear if it doesnt improve cbs might cancel csi NY :confused:

I gave this season a B+. I loved the 333 killer story..but I was upset about how this guy went through Stella to get at Mac. She's been through so much, but I adore how the character of Stella has kept so brave throughout everything that has happened to her. I did not like series 4 more than any other season, though...but I still loved it very much. (Season 3 remains my favourite)

I have to say Season 4 remains as one of my 2 fav (besides S1). We recovered "the family concept". We had more personal episodes where the interaction between them was so important (Taxi, Child's play) where they showed how the characters relate with each other day after day
Also the production was bigger and that's was obvious in special last episodes of the season
We had interesting and amazing storylines in a couple of arcs (The 333 guy and the cabbie killer) great personal episodes (Right Next Door, Child's play) and several episodes with just one-case storyline and the whole team working together (The best: the cabbie killer)

Also as a La Femme Nikita fan i have to say the constant homages payed to that show i have seen this season gave me a great emotion, touching and loving moments when i recognized characters in common, names and descriptions

Also the closeness between Mac and Stella was so incredible this season...a new level in their relationship was suggested. Hopefully they will live together as friends as the whole Smacked family think. This is something that opens a lot of amazing possibilities for us :D

I gave it an A. I was ready to give an A+. But i'm Smacked so i'll leave that grade to the season where Mac and Stella finally get together :D

Debbie :D

I'll give it a B.

I liked how this season we got a few 'serious', gritty episodes such as 'Commuted Sentences', 'Child's Play' and 'Admissions' which all dealt with serious crimes and heavy issues.

I liked the start of and the end of the 333 storyline. I loved The Thing About Heroes for the insight into Mac's past, seeing Mac go to Chicago, and seeing the team try to solve the case in NYC while he was away. Drew was a blatantly obvious choice for the stalker though. They'd have done better to have Drew pop up out of nowhere in The Thing About Heroes, because his motive for wanting revenge on Mac was interesting, and not cliched - it wasn't someone from an old case. But having Drew go after Stella, and turn up in most of the eps where Mac got a phone call just made it too easy.

I loved the Ruben storyline, and Danny's guilt, and the Danny/Rikki interaction. It was tainted by the inclusion of D/L though. I loved Flack going to save Danny's ass in All in the Family.

I liked that Adam got more screen time, especially in eps like Down the Rabbit Hole where we got to see him in all his geeky glory.

The technology stuff (SL, the Bond episode) was fun, but I can take it or leave it. I'd rather have darker storylines and more complex and diverse vics and criminals.

I liked the Halloween episode, it was fun.

Not enough Hawkes or Flack this season.

I loved the return of Reed, Gerrard, and Sinclair, all are great characters. I liked how Sinclair and Gerrard were shown to be human, with a decent side and with flaws. I loved the interaction between Mac and Gerrard in Admissions, particularly the end scene when Gerrard shot the pedophile. I'd love to see that followed up next season.

I liked RND for a Stella ep, but not the Drew thing because it was just her being used by a creep again.

Not enough diversity - the majority of crimes seemed to be committed by white people, and they were mostly wealthy white people. Jeez, can't a homeless person be killed or kill someone? And also, the reasons for the murders often seemed petty. I'd like to see some deeper motives for the killers, like in Commuted Sentences or Child's Play. I know people kill each other for petty reasons, but they also kill them for deeper, more serious reasons too.

The Cabbie Killer case was great, until they made the killer a religious nut. A cold blooded killer who killed for no reason would have been more intersting.

I liked the character interactions - Mac/Sid, Mac/Adam, Stella/Adam, Mac/Stella, Flack/Danny (loved them at the game at the start of Personal Foul, and Flack being there for Danny in AITF), Hawkes/Lindsay.

It's better late than never! :) For me season four is an A+! Hands down.

First the opening credits was cool! Although I also liked the long version of Baba O'Riley, I thought remixing it was necessary since CSI: and CSI: Miami have remixed OC. It had the "next generation" sense to it: the bright blue computer graphics, the instrumental on the first half of the OC and of course the clips of the major characters! However, the "CSI: NY" logo was kind of small and lame. Season five's (up to now) is perfect: bigger "CSI: NY" with "/Crime Scene Investigation" and the addition of Adam and Sid!

Some of the cases in this season were the most sophisticated and technologically advanced in the series: the Second Life crossover, the James Bond stuff, the bombing/assassination of the UN representative (evil but sophisticated), and the tech savvy 333-caller and suspect X. The season's theme was consistent and great.

Despite that it was on when the WGA had a strike, the show gave us great story lines. I was really impressed by the 'Down the Rabbit Hole' and 'DOA for a Day' combo. Mac's stalker was also great. I was somehow disappointed by the cabbie killer's story. I hate psychos. You know, it's natural for them to do bad. I hope the killer was a normal person somehow although killing is not a doing of a normal person.

We've also got nice character story with Danny/Rikki/Ruben. The D/L stuff was kind of soapy. I hope Rikki comes back not to destroy D/L but in other way. She and Danny had a great chemistry. Mac's stepson Reed was a nice addition to the characters. We knew more about Mac's past. Stella was tough and smart not falling into Mac's stalker. Flack had a new girlfriend.

All in all, a wonderful season! Thanks for reading!

Back