Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

• Total voters
Because I'm a dork, I tallied all my letter grades for the episodes, assigned collegiate numerical values, and divided by 21. Apparently, I gave this season a C-.

Good idea! I just went back and looked up all my grades. The actual season GPA I came up with was a 2.5. I was actually almost dead on when I said B-. I'm shocked and a little bit impressed with myself. :eek: :p

Because I'm a dork, I tallied all my letter grades for the episodes, assigned collegiate numerical values, and divided by 21. Apparently, I gave this season a C-.

Good idea! I just went back and looked up all my grades. The actual season GPA I came up with was a 2.5. I was actually almost dead on when I said B-. I'm shocked and a little bit impressed with myself. :eek: :p
Is that a B-? Clearly, I need to sharpen my less than l33t grade interpreting skills then, because I wound up with 2.33, which can't be a C- if 2.5 is a B-. So, better than I originally assumed statistically, but I still think it was a subpar, dishwater season.

Is that a B-? Clearly, I need to sharpen my less than l33t grade interpreting skills then, because I wound up with 2.33, which can't be a C- if 2.5 is a B-. So, better than I originally assumed statistically, but I still think it was a subpar, dishwater season.

Math has never been my strong point. I did a general 4.0, 3.5, 3.0, etc. grading system. I didn't do a complete statistical analysis using the american collegiate gpa value system. I just went for a ballpark figure.

The storylines this season were very well thought of. But i agree with those of you who said that most of it was filled with the uber-rich and fancy gadgets. Fancy gadgets I can take. It is the 21st century. So bring it on. But the nitty gritty feel of the first season is gone forever. I miss that.

One thing I did not like this season was that Mac was larger than life in all the episodes. It just felt like too much Mac & not enough of the others. Though I love episodes that focus only on one case, this season had me hoping for less of those 'cos then it was all Mac, Mac & more Mac.

One of my all time favorites is "Supply & Demand" from the 1st season. Apart from the fact that the plot was awesome, everyone got a decent amount of screentime even though it was only the one case.

Hopefully they'll distribute the attention around more next season. The spoilers sound promising. ;)

It being the UK average grade, I voted C, because while there have been some great stories this season, it has been fairly average when I compare it with the three that come before.

To qualify being that harsh, I will say in the show's defence that I think it has suffered a lot post strike to keep the momentum going, which has led to a fair amount of mediocrity in the latter part of the season. The stories just don't seem to have flowed as well as normal.

To be honest, I agree with everyone who has said that CSI:NY has lost its way a bit with the fancy gadgetry and the upper-class slant. It really needs to start finding its roots again and stop this obsession with the shiny - be that Manhattan or the latest technology that real-life labs do not have access to. This is the NYPD, not the Jeffersonian's Medico-Legal Lab.

While there are a few things I loathe about season one, I did much prefer the time when NYC was five boroughs and the onus was on the lab using its collective smarts rather than advertising technology for the likes of Microsoft.

Also, they need to redress the balance between the cast. I love Mac, and I love Gary Sinise, but I'm starting to think him being an exec on the show isn't one of the better things to have happened. More and more the show is becoming about him and less about everyone else...

I gave an A because most of the stories were good. Loved the 333-killer, the Sandoval story-line, Suspect-X and of course Joe! :p

The reason it is not an A+ for me is this new technology and hologram thing. I mentioned in an other topic that it is too much for me but if you like it it's okay.

Seeing Flack with a girl, or the chemistry between Angell&Flack. Wow I want more in the fifth season!:devil: And Danny without shirt... :drool:

But to tell you the truth it wasn't the best season. Still my top fav is the first. And I don't like Danny's "new" character in that D/L thing. For me the changes he gone through is awful, he's not the first even 2nd season's Danny. :( (I'm not talking about the trauma that he has because of Rueben's death)

Last edited:
gave the season a C+. was not a fan of a lot of the stories and how they panned out.

the 333 caller could have been a great story but the outcome was a let down. the whole Ruben story and turning to the kid's mother like he did was so awful and annoying.

i was just disappointed. the writers were i felt not on top of their game at all. maybe my expectations for this season, the characters, and D/L were set too high. i felt like most of the time i watched an episode this year it was like i was watching a whole different show with different characters.

i am so hoping that next year will be better story wise. i can live without the D/L drama even as fan of these two all the drama was a bit unbearable. all the characters just need to either get back to how they were in seasons 2 and 3 and then the show will be back to the way it was.

there were good episodes and good moments not everything was horrible. i loved the Adam and Kendall scenes especially when she was teasing him with the chocolate bar haha, there were some very good and cheeky D/L scenes, and yes some of the stories were quite entertaining and interesting ("Commutted Sentences", "You Only Die Once", "DOA For A Day") but for me personally the bad outweighed the good.

after this season i am not setting my hopes too high for 5th season and i'm kinda dreading where the D/L ship and characters will be heading next with their personal drama.

This was harder than I thought it would be. After serious review of the season, I had to give it a C+. For me, it was a very hit or miss season. There were some episodes that I really liked (Child's Play, Admissions), but there were many more times where I just felt kind of "Meh!".

As others have said, they need to get back to having cases/storylines occuring outside of Manhattan and involve the other Boroughs. Get back to the bones of solving crimes. The fancy gadgets can be neat, but they also can be a distraction.

It has reached the point where the only think I want for Season 5 is for no more D/L drama. Please. I almost don't care what else happens during the rest of the season. Just don't make me suffer through that. Make it go away.

Oh, and give us more Adam. ;)

I gave it an A. I don't read the spoilers, i think i enjoyed it much more because of that.

Loved this season...i loved the continuing story lines they had going, the 333 and cabbie killer, lots of Mac stuff. Plus the second life stuff was interesting. Love the new gadgets, as i am nerdy. There were a lot of fast paced, action packed eppys, most of them could have easily been a season finale. The addition of Adam and more of Sid made the team interaction more interesting. The DL stuff was shocking but ok, its starting to go into the romance side, which kind of sucks. Wish Hawkes had some story lines...i hope there is a reason he has been pushed to the side, since he is clearly a fan fave.

I couldn't care less about Louie, although it would be nice to mention how he is doing, but too me he is such a small insignificant part of the show. He was only in two eppys, hardly a priority...would rather see a Hawkes story line.

I think i was less harsh with grading, since it really never had a chance to live up to the full potential. The season was cut short, and the strike made a huge impact. It was clear that some of the eppys were rushed to get finished and out there, especially right before and after the strike. Every show had the exact same problem too, not just NY. Plus, because they had to shorten the season, story lines had to be changed, and stuff taken out.

I'd give season 4 a B+. As many of you have already alluded to, it is a difficult one to grade as it had both great episodes and poor ones. Some storylines were incredibly successful and others dragged. Some outstanding individual character storylines and some not so good. :lol:

The good episodes - Admissions, Child's Play, All in the Family, Commuted Sentences.

The bad episodes - Boo, Playing with Matches, Time's Up.

Good storyline for Danny, bad storyline for Stella (seriously, no more bad boyfriends) and three poor story arcs/continuations - 333 dragged, the pointless jaunt into Second Life (good only for Adam's geekiness), and the disappointing Taxi cab serial killer. Not to mention the sorely lacking in suspense finale.

Also, the increasing descent into the ridiculous. I don't object to this being the mid/upper class Manhattan Super!Mac show, but I'm beginning to dislike the weekly (product placement) technology showcase.

So why such a high mark? A B+ isn't that bad after all. Well, I love NY and I can (and do) overlook many of the things that irritate me. So what if the storylines are beyond all possible reason and defy logic? Who cares if Mac's being stalked by the world's greatest stalking genius (man, Drew was good :eek:)? I don't because the majority of the acting is good, I'm still intrigued week after week and it's my escape from reality. Sure I'd like some improvement next season, but otherwise as long as they provide the occassional stroke of genius with episodes like Admissions, some great character interaction and can make me laugh and cry.... I'll still be around and still be loving it! :D

Personally I gave it an A.[I wasn't sure,I was between A and A-]

For me it was a fine season,with some very good episodes and plotlines.Of course this season had episodes that I wasn't really interested in watching but in general it was one season I liked.[Not that I didn't do the same with the other 3:)]

Let's just hope that the next season will be even better.

I gave it an A becuase...well, I saw some of the 333 caller. That was an interesting 10 episode plot I caught some of. Peyton back in London... I am so rejoicing! Now Stella can have Mac all to herself! I liked the Taxi Cab killer... how interesting... some Kyle Gallner there (not enough to suit my desires, so I went and bought season 3...), and there were some episodes that got me irked or I have yet to see. And hope to. I'll buy the season when it comes out.

I gave it a C

because there were some really great episodes and there were some really really boring ones. before the strike it was a pretty decent season but after it just went downhill

the 333 case started interesting but got annoying with time. but I liked Kerr Smith

the SL case had such a good build up but the final resolution was a total let down

the same goes for the cabbie-killer story arc. when they finally got him I was like WTF was that? it felt like they digged themselves a too deep a hole and didnt know how to get out of it

and I didnt like the Ruben storyline at all. it was unnecessary and too stretched out. I could have done without it

what I liked in the season was the character interactions. they had some really funny or intense moments - both between them and with the suspects.

I gave it a C

what I liked in the season was the character interactions. they had some really funny or intense moments - both between them and with the suspects.

See thats what saved a lot of the episodes for me.

The best thing about eps like Down The Rabbit Hole was the Mac/Adam/Stella interaction. In some cases in the season the scenes between the characters saved the eps because some of the stories were weak.

I gave it an A!! I absolutely loved this season. It had more Adam, more Don and more interaction between the cast. Adn they has some really nice cases too. Granted some were werid but hey, it's New York. No offense New Yorker's! I meant that anything is possible in the big city. But overall, I loved it. It just keeps getting better and better and I CANNOT wait for the next season!

Back