• D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Hmmmm....A-.

Loved Edward James Olmos. Loved his slow delivery and his quiet, low voice. Nice change of pace from the action-packed loud screamers of the past. Nice chemistry with Mac.

I like that I saw all the players--Adam, Sid, Hawkes. Yeah, the lab budget must have been slashed pretty bad if Lyns has to make her own latex spray.

Mac...alone in the warehouse. Doesn't call backup until he's shot. :shifty:

Flack. Ohmygoodness. Glad he still has those lightin' fast reflexes. Had to chuckle when Mac said, "Someone pumped 50 rounds into a NYPD police car. I want them found." What about Flack?? :wtf:

Shoot out at end was too long...

Can someone PLEASE get Flack to a barber????? :scream:

Tobin, waiting for her short-haired man o' beauty to return

It's bad enough that we in the Black and Hispanic communitees in NYC have to deal with racial profiling on a daily basis, we don't need CSI NY giving us a bad name.
I don't have a problem at all with the fact that they decided to create a Hispanic gang. NYC has various gangs into organized crime - and they are of all races. The neighborhoods are often ethnic, the Italians all live together, Puerto Ricans live together, Chinese, Vietnamese, Greeks do. It's the reason they call them Little Italy, Spanish Harlem, Chinatown, etc..

Most murders are usually gang/drug related and CSI: NY does not reflect that at all. There was an Italian gang (Season 1), A faction of the IRA (Season 3), and in Season 5, in "Enough" with the dead drug dealers. I'm thinking there may have been an episode with an Asian gang as well - but I could be thinking of another show.

They in no way implied that all Hispanic people are in gangs. There is however a higher percentage of Hispanic people who do join gangs than other races.
According to the Department of Justice
In 1999 it is estimated that 47% of gang members were Hispanic, 31% were African American, 13% were white, and 7% were Asian. These percentages seem to remain fairly steady over the years.
P.S. To TPTB, we know Lindsey and Danny are married can you stop reminding us now?
I don't remember seeing any D/L scenes.

I re-watched the episode and realized I was a little harsh. I'm not saying that there are not different gangs in NYC I'm just saying that the ones portrayed on tv are usually Hispanic and Black.

My D/L coment was when Hawkes, Danny and Lindsey were in the hotel room and Hawkes made the quip about leaving the bedroom for them.

That wasn't really that obvious. If someone had never seen the show before I doubt they would have gotten that.

On CSI: NY they don't always depict gangs also always being black/Hispanic though. The Gavin Wilder Crime Family (Irish) and Tanglewood Boys/Pelean Bay (both white) come to mind.

On CSI: NY they don't always depict gangs also always being black/Hispanic though. The Gavin Wilder Crime Family (Irish) and Tanglewood Boys/Pelean Bay (both white) come to mind.

That's true. But in NY they do pretty much only have a large number of people of color on an episode where they need a lot of criminals and that is maddening.

That's true. But in NY they do pretty much only have a large number of people of color on an episode where they need a lot of criminals and that is maddening.

ICAM. That's why I flipped out in my original review. They just seem to have people of color around when they need a lot of criminals. Besides Hawkes there is no other positive representations for people of color.

My D/L coment was when Hawkes, Danny and Lindsey were in the hotel room and Hawkes made the quip about leaving the bedroom for them.

Hawkes said that? I didn't even hear that lol. It's possible that I missed it because I was trying to fix the tracking on the tape or something. :lol:

Back