Grade 'Redemptio'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 14, 2010.

?

How would you grade Redemptio?

1. A+

10 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. A

10 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. A-

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. B+

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. B-

5 vote(s)
    9.6%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. C

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  13. F

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I did like it. A lot.:bolian::bolian::bolian:

*Sheldon episode:drool::drool::drool: Yesssss!!!! This one put me on the edge of my seat for at least 20 minutes (it was that and the fact i was praying for my streaming to work:lol:)
    *Ramdom thought--> the opening sequence made me feel edgy. I felt the tension and the emotional charge before the execution

*More random thoughts--> TEAM! TEAM! TEAM!:drool::drool::drool::drool: When they are together , they are stronger. The action took place inside but outside was as interesting as inside:drool:

Danny finally confessed? Great. Besides it was to Stella!!!!!!!!!!! :D I guess he was gaining strength when the time comes to confess to Mac and he chops off his head:lol:

I didn't find weird there wasn't a reaction...yet! Danny doesn't need Stella's reaction. He will have enough with Mac's reaction:lol:

Besides i LOVED, LOVED, LOVED he told "Mommy Stell" first:p Finally someone remembered Danny and Stella had a great relationship and they shared great conversations and teasing moments in the past:thumbsup::drool:
    All of them looked like guilty kids:lol:

Sheldon playing "MacGyver":lol::lol::lol: Someone liked him. Not surprised in "Trapped" there was a mention to that show. GOOD!:thumbsup:

"Hostile"-->

Dear Mr L.,
    just for this one, you deserve the "Section One" Award of the Year.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

THANK YOU!

My respect and my forever appreciation

Debbs (Level 2 spec ops agent)

Sheldon discovering the murderer of his own sister was a little bit much however i LOVED how Hill and Harold worked:thumbsup:

Shane--> BEST VILLAIN EVER. I knew he was going to be run saying "I am Danny Messer":p but i enjoyed any single sec of him

Also a little bit predictable Sheldon and Harold not being able to stop him BUT we needed Shane out so it's ok

I liked the whole team, ALL of them (because they were focused on the job and not in family issues:p

louie-->:eek::eek::eek:

Overall a great episode. Not so good as last week's epsiode but i adored both of them:drool::thumbsup:

Debbs:p:thumbsup:

Thanks Hill for this. Great words. You made me think about this too!

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

oh, maybe they did, i can't remember (i'll watch it properly tonight)

3. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Just popped in to see if everyone else thought this ep was even more rediculous than usual.

Anyway, according to Hawkes application form to become a csi in the last ep of season 1, his date of birth is 8-73 (you dont see the month).

Badges, we don't need no stinking badges. :)

The only bit I liked was the inmates moshing and the prison guard crowd-surfing, though the music was naff.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  4. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I have to agree with you on Danny and Stella and the relationship they have. I really like the concern they have for one another. The term Mommy Stell came to my mind too when he started telling her about his badge.

And I think you must be a La Femme Nikita fan?

5. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

So, let me see if I have this straight: Danny Messer's pathetic failure to report the theft of his badge contributes to the death of two people--one a corrections officer--and facilitates the escape of Shane Casey from prison, and no one even reprimands Danny for his selfish thoughtlessness? Stella, who just last week behaved like a rabid, shit-flinging howler monkey because Sid didn't defer to her infallible gut instinct, doesn't go ballistic on Danny for endangering the lives of his colleague, innocent bystanders, and corrections officers, but merely gazes at him in maternal, indulgent disappointment?

Mac doesn't ream his whiny, lying ass with a rusty garden hoe for his failure to report the theft? I realize that Mac had conveniently kipped to the soda machine before Danny confessed, but I'm sure Stella told him after the fact, and even if she didn't, surely he discovered the truth when the Philadelphia investigators issued their report. After all, Casey announced himself as Officer Danny Messer of the NYPD. Do the writers truly expect me to believe that Mac wouldn't be shitting blue cobblers over Danny's initial lapse in due care with his badge and his protracted failure to report the theft? Mac, who once chewed hapless Hawkes like a two-dollar steak because he had the phone number of a victim in his pocket and failed to disclose their one-time meeting in a coffee shop?

I know I might get mod-thwapped for this, but if I don't let this out, I'm going to have an embolism and drop at my keyboard, blue and mottled and bug-eyed and foaming at the mouth.

FUCK YOU RUNNING, YOU LAZY GAGGLE of OVERPAID FUCKTITS.

I have put up with a lot. I've watched this show's quality drop like a forty-year-old hooker's asking price after a clap diagnosis; I've endured poor acting, a lame, melodramatic fanfiction romance that has destroyed a once dynamic character, poor continuity, ridiculous, self-indulgent plot lines written by the show's stars, a barrage of stunt casting that made my ass pucker like Granny at an egg slurp, and wonky timelines that would require a TARDIS to achieve.

But I am not going to close my eyes and open wide for the heaping dollop of shit that was the reaction to Danny's idiocy. Danny's failure nearly killed Hawkes and contributed to two deaths, and the only response is a pained there-there look from Stella? Kiss my asymmetrical, rage-cramped ass. He should be sent before a disciplinary committee at best and fired for dereliction of duty and failure to report at worst. It shouldn't be swept under the rug with a relieved, "Hey, buddy," at the end of the episode. If Danny's egregious stupidity isn't addressed in the next episode, then the writers have utterly failed at achieving any scrap of verisimilitude.

Contrary to their obvious opinion of the intelligence of their viewers, I am not a dribbling peon who requires a crash helmet to get through the day.

And while I'm raging, why the hell is Shane Casey in Pennsylvania when his crimes were committed in New York? Why would Hawkes attend the execution of a man he doesn't know just because he was invited? Is Hawkes a closet sadist? If Maya died ten years ago at twenty-eight, and she was older than Sheldon by several years, then Sheldon must be thirty-four or thirty-five. If that's true, then he couldn't have been in medical school when Maya "went down the wrong path." He would've been twenty-four or twenty-six at the time of her death, just beginning his training. If she'd been trouble for years, then he would have been in high school or early college when she faltered. And if he's only thirty-four or thirty-six, then there's no way he could've been a successful trauma surgeon, an experienced ME, and a seasoned CSI. It's simply beyond the pale of credulity.

Where did Shane Casey find time to shave his Scooby Doo villain beard? How did he manage to kidnap a Pennsylvania State Trooper's family if he was in the clink? If the accomplice was responsible for the kidnapping and theft, then how did Casey know which trooper to target? And how did a Pennsylvania trooper get an NYPD uniform?

The one thing I did thoroughly enjoy was the rapport between Hawkes and Tilford. Tilford was a remarkably sympathetic and heroic character, and I wanted him to live even though I knew his death was narratively inevitable. I actually got wibbly when the police SWAT officer pulled the trigger. It's a strange reaction to have towards a triple murderer, but there it was.

I can't deny that the episode was exciting to watch, but it falls apart upon close scrutiny. A for entertainment value, but D for logic and consistency.

P.S. The "prison riot" was the funniest thing I've ever seen. I think it was the sight of one inmate enthusiastically bench-pressing a guard over his head and bending him like beef jerky.

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Yes, I am!!!!! :D (And I will be one until the End of Times :D)

When Stell received the rat last year, there was a great chance to show the closeness they got used to have (however we did have it when Stell went to his home on 5.15). I liked that conversation and the previous one about Louie (!!!!!!) on "Trapped". Considering Danny helped her when she was in trouble in "Cold Reveal" and how he defended her and how worried he was after "Right Next Door" i don't know why the heck there is not much development to their relationship. He is the one to be protected and she is the one who has a tendency to protect (to Sheldon, Linds, Adam, and Donnie) so it was a real pleasure to watch that!!!!!!!!

I did like this one :D specially for those little details of continuity

Debbs :D

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: That particular scene looked like it belonged in the Beastie Boys video for "Fight For Your Right To Party" or some other music video. :lol:

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

.........Ouch!:eek:

9. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

Disliked this episode. But, I really don't care for trapped-inside-the-prison-during-a-riot TV shows. I had to fast forward through at least 85% of the show.

I thought it was absolutely stupid of Hawkes to take off out of that room and basically trap himself in with the inmates.

I also hate Shane Casey. Not the kind of love to hate that some people have with the bad guy. I don't care about him and it pisses me off that yet another story line is wasted on this self-interested character. He's just an a-hole and I wish he would go away.

This is the second Hawkes-in-prison storyline. Shane Casey was part of the last one too. Ugh!

At least everyone knows that Danny's badge was stolen. I don't think anyone brought the smack-down that he really needs on him, because I did skip over a lot of this show.

10. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

Wow, most people liked this episode even less than I did. Since almost everything I thought of has already been said, I just have a couple of comments/questions.

What was with the Wolfman look? Aren't prisoners required to shave?

Was there any explanation of how Casey's fingerprints ended up on Danny's dogtags?

In the photos, Sheldon looked more than two years younger than his sister. (You guys are obsessed the way you pick up details, e.g. the application at the end of season one.)

I didn't catch the past tense in Danny's "When I had Louie" comment. So, does that mean Louie's officially dead?

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

RE: Hawkes graduating from med school, his season one bio described him as a "prodigy" so he could have gone through school at an early age. Not exactly Doogie Howser fast, but faster than your average person.

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

not necessarily i don't think. if there is such a rule, i'm sure it varies from prison to prison.

nope, you weren't imagining missing it. this omission really irked me actually, since not only were we led to believe that we'd find out, but i'm still finding it hard imagining how it happened. the only thing i can figure is that the guard stole danny's stuff, snuck the dogtags in and had shane touch them (the guard wearing gloves the whole time obviously!), and then took them to the pawnshop... though why exactly i don't know since neither he nor shane could possibly have known danny and flack would end up in that exact shop, and i don't know why it was necessary to have danny find out shane's connection to his badge theft to begin with.... *sigh* the whole thing makes no sense.....

us? obsessed?!! never!!! :lol:

i would have to assume so. esp since back when he was lying in a coma it pretty blatantly implied that he wasn't going to make it in the end... at least that's how i've always taken it...

13. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I'm a particularly nosey person, so every time they put up something like a perps criminal record, I pause the dvd to read it. I remember the ones that don't make sense. For example, Sonny Sassone was in the Tanglewood Boys, a neighbourhood gang, with Danny's older brother Louis. In season 1's Tanglewood, Sonny was 26, born in '79 and his address was in Tanglewood, Long Island. Danny was from Staten Island and Louis was too old to have been childhood friends with a 26 year old (maybe his babysitter).

Ok, just thought of something. In season 2, Sonny was then 27 and the murder Danny was implicated in, was 15 years prior. So Sonny was 12 when he committed the murder, instead of going to Atlantic City, like they told Danny. This programme hasn't lost the plot, they've stolen the Lost plot.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

"Wibbly wobbly timey wimey." Sometimes you just need a Dr. Who quote. :lol: Danny's badge was stolen "a few weeks ago"?? Even so... how did he not get chewed out by Mac or even Stella for that?? Seriously!! ...And thanks to La Guera, I now have the image of Mac doing things to Danny with a garden hoe that would be seriously painful. I'd settle for a verbal dressing down. :lol:

That aside, the episode was enjoyable, if not quite the tour de force I was hoping it would be. The stuff between Hawkes and Reggie was nice, and probably as complex as it could be in the space of 42 minutes.

I'm not wild about the fact that Shane Casey seems to have gone off the deep end and become Just Plain Crazy. I like my killers with motive, especially when they've been set up that way in the past. Why he's being held in Pennsylvania and not NYC I don't know either, but presumably he might have had a more difficult time impersonating Danny in a NY prison. Maybe? And maybe he got transfered. Hopefully that will be explained at some point.

My favorite scene was definitely the one where the team talked about their shady relations after learning Hawkes had a sister. It was kind of nice that Lindsay was the one who got where he was coming from keeping it a secret--good continuity there.

B+, because I was pretty entertained. But Danny still needs an ass kicking from Mac.

15. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

As far as I understand the death penalty is considered unconsitutional in the State of New York and therefore no executions take place in NY prisions, so they needed to be in another state for Hawkes to attend an execution. Why Shane Casey would be there and not in some institution for the insane in NY, I don't know but it wouldn't have worked if Hawkes was visiting a different prision to that of Shane Casey:lol: