Grade 'My Name is Mac Taylor'

How would you grade My Name is Mac Taylor?

• A+

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • A

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • A-

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • B+

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • B

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • B-

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • C+

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • C

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • C-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D+

• D

• D-

• F

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
I gave it an A-, I really enjoyed the episode. Like everyone already mentioned the scene with Adam & Stella at the end was cute. Mac & his boss...I don't know what to think of it yet.

Okay, so for the past couple of episodes now, it has been obvious that Adam has been crush on Stella. Stella can't be totally unaware of this. The past episode my reaction was "WHAT THE HELL?!!!" but tonight's end scene was absolutely cute in a non-romantic way. Adam & Stella romantically-together, Nah! That feels a bit wrong. She not even old enough to be his mother but I get the big sister vibe from her towards him.

Let's talk about the search result for Sid. They laughed but am I the only one who found that suspicious? Even if he was named after his mother or grandmother there should have been at least 2 results. Right now, it's looking like he took the identity of a 90 years old woman. Either that or he does not live in NY State. And if we are to assume that he lives in NJ, isn't that a long drive every day?

If Sid's mother/grandmother didn't live in NY then there wouldn't be any records of them so they wouldn't have shown up. And a lot of people who work in New York live in New Jersey because housing is cheaper and it's less crowded, so a bit of a longer drive every day is worth it.

The only thing that would make me suspicious that there is something going on with Sid is that: when Adam searched all of the other names, he simply said the name and then the results. When he searched for Sid, we actually saw Adam type "Sid Hammerback, New York City" into the computer. It's like they were trying to prove that his name was actually the one entered and not anything else.
Maybe we're all just being paranoid?

I don't know if NJ it safer for children but people seem to think it is. As Sid and wife have two small daughters, I would guess they life in NJ.

Made me wonder if it came down to editing problems, initially trying to stuff too much into an hour-long episode, and having problems figuring what to cut? At any rate, it seemed choppy here and there.
I think you could be right. Between the extra guest stars, NY locales, intro of recurring character, and case itself, there was a lot to fit into this episode, and some of the choices made may not have been optimal. As funny as the Nelly/Danny/Flack parts were, that element seemed shoehorned in, and I'm not sure they needed that chase/capture scene in the bar. The Stella/Hawkes evidence-gathering scene (somewhere outside that I can't remember) seemed a bit too long. And the juxtaposition of the Stella/Mac scene right before the Adam/Stella and Mac/Gillian scenes was rather odd.

Didn't find his mild flirtation with Gillian as repelling as I figured I surely would, although it seemed OOC, for him to go from headstrong and argumentive in their first scene together, to friendly and flirtatious in their second scene (although it was a cute bit, them reversing their dialogue from the 1st to 2nd scene with the coffee invitation).
Yep. I also thought the writer(s) did a good job with the dialogue in that last scene. Very clever reversal. I think they could've accomplished what was needed if they'd just left it there. Then we could imagine that Mac and Gillian went out for coffee, got to know each other better, and developed an attraction. Much different than Mac's instant attraction that seemed to come out of nowhere (although I admit that was a cute Mac moment).

Oh well, I guess that's one of the pitfalls of the short-term recurring love interest. Due to time constraints, the writers probably feel compelled to introduce and advance the relationship as soon as possible, but in doing so, they risk undermining the "romance" by making the whole thing seem so contrived.

I admit I am curious to see just how far they intend to go with this storyline, though, and assuming Mac really does become involved with this boss, whether anyone (most likely Sinclair or Stella) is likely to call him on it in regard to professionalism, integrity of the lab, good judgment, etc. :eek:

whether anyone (most likely Sinclair or Stella) is likely to call him on it in regard to professionalism, integrity of the lab, good judgment, etc. :eek:
You: Logic plz?
PTB: DO NOT WANT!

:p

You: Logic plz?
PTB: DO NOT WANT!

:p

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I know it's not likely to happen, but I can dream....

If Stella and Danny get into serious trouble for "breaking the rules" re: the Greek embassy fella, I bet Mac will be there delivering the verbal smackdown. And then Stella can pull out the "hypocrite" card. :eek: That I would like to see!

I really do like Mac, but the man is starting to make up his own rules....

Comment to producers/writers: character consistency, please. :thumbsup:

Maybe they're not into consistency because it's not "young," "sexy" or "dangerous?"
That's just a guess, though. ;) :shifty:

After all the office emotion that lovely Peyton expressed, I'd hope Mac would find a lady at that jazz club he plays at or something.
Even though, Mac and Sinclair have an understanding now, Mac should know better then to risk getting involved romantically with a co-worker and especially a superior.

Yeah, they already went the tacky Boss/Subordinate Secret Romance route in another CSI, so it really does surprise me that they're appearing to be considering rehashing it (albeit on a much smaller level) for NY. I would like to think that the writers have developed Mac through the years into a character with enough honor and integrity (not to mention common sense) to eschew that sort of thing... :rolleyes: That said, I thought the two characters had nice chemistry together, but I definitely am not digging the Boss/Subordinate thing... And yeah, if he "goes there" and his colleagues know about it, they definitely have the right to play the "Hypocrite Card" anytime.

I liked the ep. It was definitely better, IMO, than Miami's 150th. I appreciated the fact that we got an episode involving a character without necessarily putting that character in danger.

Scott Wolf did a good job, but since I just watched Lady and the Tramp II the day before the episode aired (unintentionally- I had no idea who Scott Wolf was), I had a hard time concentrating on the fact that he was the target. I kept hearing Scamp in his voice. :lol:

Oh my goodness, that is the same guy in the episode and Lady and the Tramp II isn't it! I never would've noticed that. Haha, that's great. Gives a whole new dimension to the episode for me.

Enhinti, Miami's 150th was Gone, Baby, Gone. It's about a baby that gets kidnapped. And I also agree that NY's 100th was much better. But NY is my favorite, so perhaps I am just the teeniest bit biased :)

And for my two cents on the conversation that was happening way up there at the top, okay more like the middle. Mac is very inconsistent with what he tells the team and what he does. It's kind of like he enforces the rules on everyone else but doesn't always take is own advice.

I think that both Grissom and Horatio both do that a lot: Grissom with dating his subordinate Sarah, and Horatio with conflict-of-interest situations. Mac on the other hand hasn't. (Peyton was actually in a different department, the ME's office.)
Trouble is, it's contrary to Mac's character to jeopardize his lab. Mac's a Marine. He knows not to take unnecessary risks.
Running off after that serial who cut woman's eyelid's off was one thing, but pursuing a romantic relationship with his superior? No! It's just not Mac.
The more I think about it the more I dislike the whole thing!

The thing that gets me is - even in the case of Peyton - these guys have to testify in court with their findings. We don't see that on NY, but we know it's a fact of their jobs. (Or at least, I presume that it is.) Any defense attorney worth his or her salt would want to know if perhaps the medical examiner's findings matched what Mac was looking for because they're sleeping together. It doesn't have to be true, it just has to instill a little bit of doubt in a jury's mind. For someone like Mac, whose number one priority is the integrity of the lab, you would think any kind of unprofessional relationship would be frowned upon if not outright disallowed. And yet, Mac not only glosses over mistakes in protocol among his employees (due to a personal relationship) during an evaluation, he himself had a relationship with someone else in the lab* and is now being flirtatious with his boss. (Which is not only unprofessional, but he'd only just met her - what if she was offended by that type of behavior? She's his boss for pete's sake!)

* Even though they were in different departments, I still think it was iffy since they worked on the same cases and it could cause a conflict of interest.

So true, Faylinn!

Maybe the inspector will turn him down gently and he'll go back to the jazz club and play his bass!

Back