Grade 'My Name is Mac Taylor'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 19, 2008.

?

How would you grade My Name is Mac Taylor?

1. A+

10 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. A

23 vote(s)
    30.7%
  3. A-

12 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. B+

16 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. B

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I hope someone gets screencaps of shirtless Mac. I'm extremely curious as to if they remembered Mac is supposed to have a chest scar (although that wouldn't be easy to replicate with him all wet...)

OK and it's just fun to stare at the hotness lol

I'll go with the B grade too I think.

I agree, ick on the Mac flirting. But then I'm biased being a Smacked shipper.

LOL I did that once, looking up the names. Did it with the actors too I think.

Too bad Mac's full name was never mentioned.

2. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I give it a B. Sounds cruel but my sympathy for David went out the window when he killed and injured several innocent people that had NOTHING to do with what happened in the hit and run. The lawyers and prior others, while still having to be punished, got a lot more of the justification defense in my eyes than David ever will. It's never easy to lose someone you love but to turn around and do the same to other innocent people? You go to jail.

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i'm giving the ep an A.

the story was ok i wasn't a fan how the 100th ep focused around Mac. i feel like the story should have been something else instead of being about Mac. i thought everyone got a good amount of screen time though so that was good.

Flack and Danny at Terrance's club was so funny. the Staten Island jab was fantastic, the look on his face was so good as Flack just stood there and laughed. loved the sister comment haha, i hope they keep going with that this year, it kinda reminds me of the running jokes from "Walk Hard".

i knew Scott Wolfe's character had something to do with the story and that the actual murderer had something to do with it from the moment he was shown, there's always a reason why someone is shown once or twice.

the ending was pretty cute with Adam and Stella looking up the names of the team. totally knew Stella was going to be the only "Stella Bonasera" in NYC. "there are 20 Danny Messer's in NYC" "Don't tell him that" haha.

right in the middle with all the important stuff my roommates decided to come into the room and be loud so i kinda missed the middle. the fingerprinting of the bus stop was pretty cool and how Adam and Lindsay narrowed it down.

Mac in the pool... *drool*

Chris Daughtry was awesome in this ep he did such a great job. Rumor Willis was ok, she sounds so much like her mother.

Mac at the end was cute when he mentioned how -forget name- looked back and he said "and she looked back" and seemed happy.

not bad for a 100th ep, interesting stories and a job well done to the cast.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I also wondered what's up with the "sister" comments. Danny doesn't even have a sister. Maybe he's gonna end up finding out he's got a sister he never knew about? :lol:

Written as I was watching the episode:

"Any idea where our Mac is?" hehe, yeah, he's taking a swim! :lol:

Shirtless Mac. :drool:

Daughtry and Scott Wolf. :drool:

So "our" mac Taylor isn't the target. Good to know! Watch the actual target be either Daughtry or Scott Wolf. Most likely Scott cause his character's all cocky and stuff.

Starsky and Hutch. :lol:

A button made of deer antler? Eeeewwww!

Must be weird for Mac to call all of those other guys "Mac". haha. It's odd that only one Mac Taylor is female though.

Why would a public pool have salt water?

This is sounding like the original story of "I Know What You Did Last Summer" (the book, not the movie... it was a book first). In the original story, the teens hit a little boy on a bike and his brother or something went after the teens and tried to kill them. Sound familiar? :lol: ONly it's a girl and her bf not a kid and big bro.

How come no one tired to put out the fire when David set himself ablaze? They all just stood around there like "what are we supposed to do?" :wtf:

:lol: at Adam and Stella's scene. There are 10 other Danny Messers. Don't tell Danny that. :lol: Sid's a woman. haha! Named after his mom. :guffaw: Only one Stella, saw that coming... that last name is not very common. :lol: Loved the way they were saying Don Flack... almost like Bond, James Bond. ROTFL!

Mac: "She turned back, nice." :lol: But, Mackie, you're supposed to be interested in Stella! :lol:

5. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

So yea, nothing today can break my spirit, so happy, this ep wasn't bad, slow going, but i needed to calm down a bit, my football team is 11-0 give it a guess who we are,i dare ya, alright nevermind, any way,

i had to tape the show, and watched it through twice. Amazing, had to laugh at the 100 plug in the first seconds, floor 100 who woulda thought! hehe, but yea, stella driving buckle up, now why would flack want a cracker or a piece of candy? that sh*t would come up a little fast roll down the windows pass a bucket!. wink wink. but yea, fun, Mac in the pool, hmmm, no, he reminds me of my dad a little bit, so ewwe, but still yay.

is there only one avalanche? idk, who has the keys to the...? huh, um, didn't really see anna showing, but eh, i wasn't looking, i prefer to try and stay in the dark, doesn't work. but yea, hiding behind a chair. fun. sorry everything is fun tonight. ADAM ADORABLE I LOVE HIM!!!!!!

Danny is seriously Mac's little B*tch, doesn't look good on him. but build up those muscles, another shirtless Danny Messer scene will never be turned down. =) um dum dum,

The your sister jokes!? i kinda like, as well as everybody picking on danny, he's right behind flack in facial fun!!!! um is 'your sister' replacing 'boom'??

Stella and Adam, so cute, hes a little younger, but still so cute, Sid lives in Jersey, thats the best i can do? or he is a woman. Sex change? that'll take you to that creepy place: ps i want more creepy places!!!!!

OH and YAY!!!!! my roommate from last year, totally converted her!!!!!! so we can up the ratings by 1!!!! and she laughed at me for throwing things at my tv last year. now she understands!!!!!

NEXT WEEK: I GET A HUSH VIBE!!!! AND THAT IS SUCH A GOOD THING!!!!! After 2 years with these people, the college buddies, i finally have a viewing party for next week. god i hope AJ WAS RIGHT AND THAT NEXT WEEK IS AMAZING!!!!! fingers crossed. happy 100!!!!!! everyone heres to 100 more!

CHEERS

6. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Wow, a hundred episodes. Aside from that, it was just okay for me. The funny moments between Flack and Danny, Stella and Adam were what made this episode a bit entertaining.

We finally got to see Julia Ormond's character. I really like her and I'm excited where things are headed for Gillian the Inspector.

I loved the joking around between Flack and Danny. They really play off of each other really well. That Staten Island quip was too hilarious.

As for the Stella and Adam scene at the end, that was really cute. Haha, funny, I've actually done what Adam was doing, searching for one's namesakes and those of his friends.

Haha, I got another sense of deja vu. They used the scene from Snow Day again. Funny how TPTB think we won't notice a reuse of a previously shot scene. What are we? Blind and unobservant? :lol:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Not a bad episode. :) I was surprised that none of the guest stars sucked particularly badly. Rumer Willis was pretty good.

The episode was actually better than I was expecting it to be, but I don't think it will be on my list of favourite episodes. There was some lovely parts to it, and great character interactions. Danny and Flack are awesome, and every scene they have together is fantastic. Flack laughing at Danny, and the looks they give each other. :D Awesome.

The scene with Stella and Adam, whilst not the scene between them that I was expecting, was much better than what I had expected. :lol: So cute, just a lovely scene. :D

Gillian has potential to be an interesting character, but hopefully not just another Mac Taylor love interest.

And yes, mandy, they do love to recycle that scene everytime they need to show some cop cars rushing somewhere. :lol:

8. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Pretty good episode, but I thought it was going to be more impressive. Well it is episode 100! I did absolutely love the ending. Adam & Stella in the lab.. Mac with his : "She turned back... nice!" I laughed out loud at that comment :D Mac was very adorable in that scene. Of course you can smell from a mile that Gillian will be the new love interest for our detective, but okay no problem.

9. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

episode not bad, though i expected a more action packed street chasing kinda thing. but 100 episodes. man. looking forward to 100 more! :)

guest stars were not bad at all! thought this would be a bad hollywood-overload episode. but chris daughtry, rumer willis and scott wolf all did pretty well. better than what i expected. julia ormond was not bad as well. nelly. great to have him back with danny and flack :p

tptb like keeping the shippers in the end of the episodes huh? first flack and angell last week and now adam-stella and gillian-mac. lol.

super cute moment with mac saying, "she turned back.. nice." very un-mac. hahaha! although i'm not into the whole gillian as the love interest and all, it was a cute moment haha.

adam and stella were cute too lol. esp when adam after searching for stella's name, he said, "there's only one." with a super cute smile. :) and really amusing to find stella and adam.. amused.. with flack's name! :lol:

and yeah, noticed they reused the snow day clip lol. they also used the ones from commuted sentences and doa for a day haha.

overall a good episode. B+. :)

10. SkittlezPony

SkittlezPony Victim

I gave this episode a kind A. I liked it but it didnt exactly wow me either. Probably didnt need to see Mac half naked in a pool :p I was expecting the episode to be better than it was. Though it was hard to get overly excited with the crap for promos CTV was giving it. I swear the episode advertisements seem to suck this season.
    Anna is definately showing a lot...that blue sweater combo she had on I think made her show even more than hide it.
    I loved the scene at the end with Adam and Stella.
    Did anyone else notice the cute little moment with Mac and Stella on the phone when shes at the park and he makes the comment about those who matter the most or whatever it was.

*its early in the morning and Im off to present infront of my entire history class so brain is fried*

11. SkittlezPony

SkittlezPony Victim

Oh yeah and Im not sure how I feel about the Jillain and Mac thing. Its cute that he has a possible new love interest but still I hope they do things good with this if their gonna make it a love interest for him.

12. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I will post my review later, but I wanted to insert a comment here. Apparently, there was a weather phenomenon in Pennsylvania last night, and people thought it was aliens or something :wtf: (not everyone, just a few). Is it just a coincidence that this happened on the same night we found out that Sid is really a 90-year-old woman? I think not. :p

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I gave it an A.

I really enjoyed the episode--lots of nice character moments in it. I was so glad it didn't turn into another Mac persecution story! I really liked the way it played out--really good mystery with a satisfying resolution.

Danny and Flack are priceless together. It seems like they've been paired up a lot this season--I'm so glad the writers realize how great they are together, and how much comedic potential there is with the two of them. I loved how Flack laughed at Terrence's joke about Danny being from Staten Island and then Danny shot him a Look and said, "Oh, you think that's funny?" :lol: Poor Flack's in the dog house for laughing about that one.

The scene with Stella and Adam at the end was really cute, too. I love how they nailed everyone's character in that moment--Danny would be upset that there are 10 other Danny Messers, Don Flack's name is just cool, and Sid is apparently a 90 year old woman? :lol: Cute little jokes about all of them. And there's only one Stella Bonasera. ;) Awwww, Adam--the perfect thing to say. :adore: I just realized now the only one they didn't look up was Lindsay! Guess she's as forgettable to the team as she is to much of the audience. :lol:

Mac Taylor has game! I didn't see that coming--that little comment from him that Gillian turned back was so cute.

Really perfect 100th episode.

14. Khanada

Khanada CSI Level Two

I usually just throw my grading in and don't post because y'all do such a wonderful job of things, but because it's the 100th ep and because of something someone said and because I have that kinda TIME on my hands... when I watched the episode, I sat there with a pencil and paper and made a little mark whenever the name 'Mac' came up in some form (ie, MacQuinn, etc). And while not 100, I counted 57 Mac's. And while I may have missed one or two when it was a split screen, I think the number's pretty darn close.

Anyone else wanna rewatch and count "Taylors"?

15. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

haha, that could be fun to count! :lol: I would volunteer to count 'Taylors' if I had any free time (I'm just trying to figure out how to remove spyware-virus from my computer :shifty: annoying, so far anything hasn't worked.. now I have to use another computer ..).

btw, how many sheldon hawkes' was living in NY? I missed totally that part of Adam-Stella-conversation :D