Grade 'Murder Sings the Blues'

Well, I typed a big long thing and lost it. Stupid, stupid me today. :rolleyes:

I finally got around to re-watching the episode this morning. I'm so behind right now. :lol: (Darn you, real life!)

I liked the cases more the second time around. Sheldon's reaction to seeing the girl was very well done. The way he didn't think anything of it at first, but slowly realized that he recognized her was a nice touch. Poor Sheldon. :(

I (like others said before) hate that his first sort-of-romantic scenes are with a drunk partier, but I did like that when he found her, drunk, alone and vulnerable at the club, he took her out to get coffee and talk, though. ;) He's such a good guy. :)

The Mac/Peyton stuff was done superbly as well, I think. It seemed to take up a pretty good chunk of the character interaction for the episode, yeah, but I like that it gives Mac some depth. :) I'm not sure why they went to the opera for his birthday, he seemed more interested in Peyton's enjoyment of the opera than the opera itself, but maybe he likes it and I'm misjudging him. ;)

The cupcake scene was very cute, as well. Sweet little moments. ;)

I also like that they mentioned Peyton and Sheldon's friendship. It's nice to give her some backstory and show that these characters have a history together. :)

Angell is great, I adore her. :lol: I hope they keep her around, because I'd like to see more of her. She's gorgeous, yeah, but I like that she's also a capable (if inexperienced) detective. :)

No Adam, it made me a bit sad. ;) But Flack's snark was good enough to hold me over. :lol:

Flack and Stella did so well together this week. I always love it when they work together. He's great all on his own, but when they play off of each other it's even better. That scene with the wedding cake was priceless, and I loved his expression in the interrogation when Stella got sneaky with the 'old maid.' ;)

I felt bad for that poor crazy ex-maid though. :( She loved the jerk, and I hate that he disregarded her feelings so easily. Did you notice that the bride from the cake-topper had blonde hair and blue eyes? When she said 'it looks just like us' and he brushed her off, it made me feel bad. She was willing to change her appearance to fit his ideal, and it meant nothing to him. What a douche bag.

And finally for the character interaction, my personal favorite: Danny and Flack. :lol: (Of course, you knew it was coming. :p) These two are so much fun for me. I loved the "Danno" and the little bit of banter they had. Danny's hilarious when he's clueless, but he clearly didn't like the implication that he didn't know about something like the central vacuum. :lol: Touchy touchy, Danno, nobody thinks you're stupid. ;) As for the double entendre with the hose-in-the-wall line, it didn't even blip on my slashy radar, to be honest. I was too busy concentrating on the body language and expressions to worry too much about what was being said. The subtle stuff gets this girl more than the dialogue. ;)

Now, on to the cases themselves.

I'm still confused about whatever-that-was McQuinn put in the bottle. So his hand was injured from deep-sea diving, and he just happened to use that same hand to hold the bottle when he poured the stuff in? (Hello, funnel. :rolleyes:) And how did the stuff get on that paper she gave the trash artist to make the origami crane? If it was on the outside of the bottle, wouldn't it have burnt her hands before she drank it? :confused:

Also, that whole central-vac thing. Maybe it's just me, but I doubt there would be thick, discernible layers for each apartment. They were picking up globs of the stuff to analyze. Did everybody have a big dog that's really really shedding or something? *scratches head* Exactly how often did they vacuum if each layer contained that much stuff? :rolleyes:

Did anybody else notice the American flag reflected on the hood of Mac's truck-thing in the scene at the end? That was so Mac Taylor, to have the American flag and then pan over to him getting out of the truck. :lol: My mom thought it was cool as hell. ;)

Well, I think that's all at this point... :p It was a decent episode, not spectacular as far as cases went, but still pretty good for the character stuff. I wish they could do a better job of getting both to mesh in the same episodes.

I'd say it gets an A from me. :)

Back