Grade 'Hostage'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 21, 2008.

?

How would you grade Hostage?

1. A+

17 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. A

20 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. B+

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. C

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. C-

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Mwuahahaha! :p

2. weeza82

weeza82 Victim

I think I'll give Hostage a C. I was distinctly underwhelmed and it was all a bit meh. I really don't have a lot to say about this episode :(
    In the UK we have to wait till 2009 to see how it fairs for Perilous!Mac, like we won't be able to guess.
    I pee'd a bit in my pants when I clapped eyes on the red phone. Kudos to Eddie and Melina for keeping a straight face during their scenes with it!!
    By Season 5 will Anna have grown out her fringe/bangs do you think?

Fay, your review saved this eppy for me, I nearly died laughing, thanks!!!

3. kinehelene

kinehelene Hit and Run

i cant realy remember what i gave the show..
    cuz i graded it the day after it was on..
    and i replied to this tread now.. :cool:
    ive been moving..

but to the topic.
    i didnt get the feel that it was the finaly..
    i dont like it when they let you sit there and think oh my god whats gonna happen :eek: and then they just cut of, no you`ll have to wait to the fall to see.. thats pisses me of :scream:
    i dont have that patiens. (if thats the right way to spell it:confused: )

4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I give it a B+. It wasn't as good as COTP or Snow Day, and IMO it would have been much better as a mid-season cliffhanger, before the Christmas break or whatever as people have said.

-I liked the way it started in the middle of the ep.
    -Loved the way Mac was totally unfazed by Joe's demands and his unstable behavior. He did look worried when Joe lost it and grabbed him and told him to get down on the floor though.
    -Mac looked mighty hot in that blue shirt with just a peep of black tee underneath, yummy:drool:
    -Mac cuffed...:devil:
    -Sid - 'Step into my lair' - very cool.
    -Aw, Mac picked the pregnant lady to go out, he's so sweet.
    -Loved seeing Mac do the autopsy and Sid guide him through it.
    -Ooooh, Adam doesn't like it when someone messes with his Daddy Mac - he called Joe an SOB! CursingAdam is hot.
    -Aw, all the CSIs are concerned about Mac.
    -That SWAT/hostage guy is an ass.
    -Loved Stella and Flack working together outside the bank.
    -Rambo!Stella, yay!
    -Liked the Stella/Brett interaction.
    -Oooh, Joe, you's in trouble now, Mac and Flack have lost patience...beware! You REALLY shouldn't push these guys, Joe...
    -Loved seeing Mac go all badass Marine on Joe (finally!) That was HOT.:devil:
    -I was totally taken in by Joe's story too, and I can totally understand why Mac was. He thought truly innocent people might be in danger, and Joe was very convincing. I felt so sad for him when he realized Joe had lied. It's nice to see that Mac makes mistakes just like everyone else. Flack, Stella and Danny all believed Joe's story too.
    -It was Mac-centric, but then I love Mac. It would have been better if they'd done it like SD though, with Mac getting a big role and other characters too.
    -Thank god - no D/L.
    -I agree that the cliffhanger isn't so much whether Mac survives, but where Joe's taking him, who Joe is, how he's really involved in the robbery, and how Mac will get out of it, and what consequences he will face, especially personally/emotionally.

Can't wait till September.

I think Mac was the right CSI to have in the bank. Danny's too emotional, Lindsay would struggle with it because of the similarity to the diner incident when she was a teenager. Flack would be good and just as capable of taking down Joe as Mac was, though probably not as fast and hard as Mac did (not Marine style I mean), but I don't think Flack would have believed Joe as easily as Mac did or have engaged with him the way Mac did. Flack never seems to have much compassion for suspects or for victims who aren't cops. That said, I can see him agreeing to let Joe take him out with an 'empty' gun, to save innocent people. Stella would have been good too, but even in Rambo mode, I don't think she could have taken Joe down like Mac did. She could have just flashed her boobies though and taken him down while he was gawping.:lol:

So a B+ because it was good, but not as good as SD. If they'd put it in the middle of the season, I would have given it an A. The lack of D/L saved it from being a B.

5. luv_danny

luv_danny Prime Suspect

I liked it but the ending was a bit bland! I know it will make a good beginning for the new season but that was the only disappointment! I have two questions, I think! First: Was the Homeland Security guy the guy who was in The Patriot with Mel Gibson? The American who fought for the British? That was bugging me when I first saw him! lol!

Secondly, another question concerning a cameo, the 3 month pregnant woman also looks familar, (to all who watch Home and Away) Isn't she in Home and Away? Again it is bugging me! Help! lol!

In my opinion yes it was good but needed to be cleaned up in places.

"The thrill is in the chase. Never in the capture."

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yes and yes. Adam Baldwin was the security guy, and he was in The Patriot. And Sharni Vinson was in Home and Away but she has recently left the show and moved to LA. :)

7. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I gave Hostage an 'A' it is the sort of ending to a show where you just can't wait for the new season to begin.

8. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

If you voted on the poll, the choice you selected should be in italics. :)

I agree about the cliffhanger. It wasn't so severe like LV and Miami but it was and still is pretty suspensful. The first episode of the next season should be good :thumbsup:

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Yes! Glad it wasn't just me! :lol: I just watched Hostage. I enjoyed it. I love Gary Sinise and he did a great job. The robber totally fooled me at the end too. The red phone used to be used in government, an emergency phone, more or less it was said to be the President's emergency phone. They don't use it anymore. It was weird to see this red phone! Good episode but I think Mac should've taken Joe down earlier. Was it just me or was the 3D scanner and having it delivered so quickly a bit unrealistic? Can't wait for the season 5 premier as I want to see how Mac gets out of this one!