Grade 'Hostage'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 21, 2008.

?

How would you grade Hostage?

1. A+

17 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. A

20 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. B+

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. C

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. C-

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh wait... that was Adam Baldwin? I know what he looks like. I thought someone said that Adam Baldwin played the vic in the vault. I probably didn't notice the Swat guy that much or was out of the room at the time. I think I went to check on the dogs or something during a commerical and when I came back in, the show was already back on... so, I might have missed him.

:guffaw:I just love the word fugly. It cracked me up when I actually heard Dean on Supernatural say about that Scarecrow. It's just a funny word. :)

Mac is always covering every angle, so it made sense for him to take the bullets out of the gun. I just wish he had searched the guy to make sure he hadn't hidden any. Mac is as close to a Super Hero that you can get IRL and it's not like Horatio's Superhero-ness (is that a word? :lol: ), but a more realistic one. But, even Superheroes make mistakes, so I liked that he made a mistake in somewhat trusting Joe.

2. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

Why did they made a cliffhanger??? I mean everyone knows Mac's gonna survive so it didn't/doesn't make sense!!!:scream::scream::scream:
    Ok as many of you said there was too much "Mac" in this episode but Gary played it very well:drool:. Ohh I loved Sid's autopsie, too. Does this really exist?? And why did Flack and Stella use this strange red telephone??:confused: :confused:
    It was so funny when the people were creeping on the floor to search the bullet:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:.
    I liked the video conference with Stella and Sid...Stella looked so confused and worried:rolleyes::lol:...
    I found it quite brave of Mac to fight with Joe but it was almost the same "SuperMac" like in "Snow Day" who survives everything and who's able to do everthing ,also an autopsie. But why was Mac so stupid???? Why did he believe this guy???:confused::confused::klingon::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:
    Overall a good finale but not as good as "Snow Day"
    Well I gave it a "B" and I'm looking forward to season 5!

3. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I think that the best cliffhanger for a season finale was the one from Criminal Minds. The whole episode looked like a normal one, but the end just blew me away. But, the fact that it was played in NYC it made me think about what Mac and the team would have done to help the BAU. *wishful sigh*

To amuse the audience :lol: That thing was beyond hilarious.

The only thing that this finale left me wondering about is Joe's story. Whether he did, or didn't kill the man from the bank vault. I want too see why he asked for a CSI, and why everything played out in that way. I'm not worried about Mac, he will be fine. I also tried to put myself in the shoes of the "normal" viewer, the one who doesn't read spoilers, or goes on the internet to find out about the show. He/she just watches it. Given the fact that the majority of the viewers are like that, I can say that for them it is a pretty good cliffhanger. Just as Gideon was replaced in Criminal Minds, so easily Mac could have been replaced. I think that in a way it's a good ending for some of the audience.

4. GregNickRyanFan

miss_blue, I thought the same thing about Criminal Minds' characters being in NY. I have even contemplated doing a crossover fic with that and CSI : NY.

5. athens

athens Coroner

I had the chance to catch up and watch the episode today.

I gave it an A.

I liked it a lot,the plot in my opinion was interesting and it is a season finale that will make me want to watch the premiere no matter what.To see what will happen with the case[because they didn't really give us much]and Mac..

6. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Let me just say; Im pretty much dying right now
    Faylinn you are hilarious :guffaw:

Im going to be all over the place with this..bare with me!

Anyways, on to the finale (I watched it a couple days ago, but didnt have much time to comment until today). I rated it pretty high up, I really enjoyed it! It was different than all the other CSI finales and the cliffhanger is good, but not so suspenseful that I cant sleep at night. So I like that.

I was so fustrated with all the twists and turns in the episode. One scene the robber is all big and bad, then the next scene he's handing out drinks and giving a fake sob story. But at the end, I realized that those made the episode really good.

I was amused by the red phone :D It was pretty random but I figured it was some sort of emergency phone..

Even though Im a huge D/L shipper, I agree with some of you that its good they kind of left their troubles/drama out of this episode. It would have just been weird and would have taken away from the finale.

I think thats it for now. Cant wait for season 5 :thumbsup:

7. Lampdor

Lampdor Prime Suspect

The first time I watched it I gave it a "D" I thought I was too harsh so I watched it again. This time I was sooo bored I fell asleep. Can I change my grading to an "F"? Part 2 sounds a lot more interesting.

Yeah, I think it was for emergencies. Didn't Batman use one? You know, the TV series with Adam West. :lol:

8. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

Don't mock the red phone. It's a fashion statement, much like Flack's ties. :lol:

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:lol: Ah the red phone. It was pretty hilarious, especially when Flack was being all serious and authoritative with the robber, somehow doing that over a red phone made it much more amusing. :lol:

10. GregNickRyanFan

I'm probably in the minority here regarding the red phone. I mean, I noticed it, but didn't really pay it that much attention. It didn't really seem out of place or anything. :lol:

11. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

^^I'm going to get a red phone so I can relive the magic of "Hostage" everyday. ;)

12. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: Next time maybe they should use a pink phone. It'd be even funnier! :D

13. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Ok - so I don't remember the red phone! :wtf:

Overall I liked the episode but I didn't feel like it was a season finale. I feel NY has had more powerful episodes then this. I would give this a solid B. I enjoyed it but definitely was not on the edge of my seat during it.

Oh Fay - your list was hilarious!

14. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I have to say that I really liked the finale, although I think too much emphasis was put on Mac, yes the ep was about him, but we hardly got to see the rest of the characters at all... I loved how Adam called the guy an SOB, that made me giggle, Adam is usually such a little sweetie, so it was quite funny hearing him say that, it made my day... :lol: I am such a weirdo... I thought it was a great finale, and can't wait to see the second part in the fall, although, I did think the cliffhanger was really evil... It was like :eek: :eek: :eek: I was the end, I was literally sitting with my jaw hanging open... :lol:

Oh and Fay, your list rocks, love it, it made me giggle. :D

I'd give it an A. :D

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  15. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

Fay, you just made me remember why I shouldn't eat or drink anything that I could possibly choke on while browsing these forums. :lol: