Grade 'Grand Murder At Central Station'

I went for B+.
I love the enthusasism and eagerness that Sheldon has, but the rest of the episode was kind of blah...was anyone else let down by Aiden departure? I just expected something more, more emotion, more significance...something.

Oh, and to the wardrobe department.....some advice. Flack needs to lose the jacket for a number of scenes. The guy comes off as someone on his way to a hearing at City Hall or something.

was anyone else let down by Aiden departure? I just expected something more, more emotion, more significance...something.

I agree. It didn't have the impact that I thought it would have. I thought Gary did a good job with it, but Vanessa just seemed....flat.

I enjoyed the episode but I am afraid I only gave it a B-.

1. The horn player in Grand Central Station could not possibly have used a cup that formerly contained lye as a money cup without getting lye all over his hands, and/or burning holes in the paper money.

2. I thought I heard someone say there was no blood at the scene on the rooftop where the blind girl was found, so I assumed she was killed elsewhere & then dumped on the rooftop. If she was actually killed on the rooftop then where was the blood?

3. I *loved* the cuddle referee who had dedicated his whole life to non-aggression ... what a hoot!

Another episode where Mac didn't wear a tie the whole time... is this going to be a season long trend? :)

I liked how Hawkes was going to mail Franklin back to the little girl... I thought it was odd the label was already on the box when he closed it...

Possible continuity error - Aiden (gonna miss her...) puts her badge on Mac's desk. Mac makes no motion to take it - the only movement he did make was when he held up Regina's folder while making his promise to Aiden... and then in the two shots we see of Mac's desk after that, there's no sign of Aiden's badge.

Still good episode... I gave it an A.

I gave it a C. I mean I liked the cases, they weren't bad, but I hated how they got rid of Adien. Mac, and the rest of the department thinking the worst of her. SO sad.

I really didn't like the sculpter guy either. I don't know why......

But I love how Hawks was watching J.Lo. I thought that was funny. And him staring at her...LOL.

Well I gave it an A; I'll admit that may be a bit high, but after the trainwreck that was last weeks episode I was willing to go a little high on a good one. The cases were, for the most part, interesting and entertaining, definitely better than last week.

At the beggining of the episode, when Hawkes was in the ambulance I realied that I can't remember a major case that didn't involve a murder. I realize that CSI's probably deal with muder primarily, but serious injury seems like it would qualify too, I'd like to see something like that and be able to have the emotions of the victim affect the case.

Hawkes made me much happier this week then he did last week. He seemed like he wasn't sure what he was doing and didn't quite have the same energy he used to, but this week I felt like we had the old hawkes back, just with a more exciting job. He had so many good parts in this episode: the girl and teddy bear, JLo, the eating thing, and I was glad he got to break the case open.

Danny's "I don't cuddle" line was so perfect and edited really well, funniest moment of the season so far (I realize its very young, but still). In fact tonight had lots of great one liners, most of which have already been mentioned.

Stella and the Sculptor don't bother me nearly as much as they seem to bother the rest of ya'll. He's definitely attractive, in fact both of them are, and I didn't think the chemistry was as terrible as some of you say. Sure, its not Stella and Mac, but that's still a ways down the road (hopefuly), this will do for now.

I decided not to let the firing of Aiden affect my grading of the episode because I was totally ready for her to go and I didn't really care how. The sceen wasn't too terrible and it got the job done so I'm satisfied.

All in all a very solid episode. I still want to see what has happened with Mac's love life, kind of dissapointed that it hasn't resurfaced yet. I hope the new girl fits in alright, I realzie that her non-new yorkerness is part of what makes her character, but I don't want her to disrupt too much of the chemistry. The good thing is that Hawkes won't be the most rookie rookie anymore.

Good work NY (and producer Gary Senise), I have a much brighter outlook for this season now.

Speaking of PSAs, I was expecting Vanessa Ferlito to show up at the end of the episode, "Hi, I'm Vanessa Ferlito. We had a lot of fun tonight, but there's nothing funny about plastic surgery mishaps. Take it from me, you CAN learn to love yourself just the way you look."

HAHA! y'know what you just did? you made me snort. i never snort. i don't even know why. i guess it was the "Hi, I'm Vanessa Ferlito. We had a lot of fun tonight, but there's nothing funny about plastic surgery mishaps." LMAO!!!!!!!!! ahahahahhahaha x 10 billion. and its almost 1 in the morning.

All these -ck people confuse me. Mack, Flack, Zack... Dear Writers, buy a baby names book. Love, me.

hehe. i was actually thinking that too when i saw zack. zacky-flacky-macky-zacky-flacky-macky-stellacky-aidacky-dannacky-hawkesacky.....hehe. whoa, i need to go sleep, now. i said it was a B+, but only because of hawkes watching j-lo, flack interviewing the surgical mishaps, and danny's line "i don't cuddle." my favorite character got booted off, and it even sucked.

they could have, like, shot her in the shoulder, then she would go to the hospital, and have a "moment" with each member of the cast before leaving. eesh. it would have been so much more dramatic.

Oh my! I'm so jealous you guys who lives in US. You get to see CSI first. I have to wait for several months till I get to see CSI season 6 and CSI NY season 2.
I'm dieing to see them.
Hearing Danny looks hotter than last season. Make me crazy!

Hawkes is moving up my list. I was in love with him all episode. From the moment he asked the little girl if she had lost the teddy bear. The man is so damn sweet. He could give Danny a run for my #1 position. I am with Midnight on this one. I want to marry Hawkes. :D

Right on! :)

I'm a big CSI: LV fan but enjoy CSI: NY, too, when I get a chance to watch it. I loved last night's episode. Mac looked great... but Hawkes... oh my goodness... what a SWEETHEART! I love him! He's so modest and unassuming and kind but still does his job with dedication and skill...

Excellent work!

hehehe. Hawkes was KILLING me last night. "Bless you, J.Lo!" LMAO!! Is it bad that I pictured him dancing to "get Right"? My mind seriously went back to "quotes you want to, should, or will never hear on CSI:NY" here.

And I was LOL at the Miracle references. "Eruzione, let's go." And, "I hate to break up the next Miracle on Ice..." :D The only thing that would have made it better was if they had one of the Miracle actors do a cameo. AAAH! Sorry, I'm stuck on them.

Angie

A-

The only thing I didn't love about the episode was Aiden's mode of departure.

First of all, who breaks the seal on an evidence bag, takes out the evidence and then leaves the empty bag there for someone, anyone (her supervisor???) to find? Yeah, you could argue she did it on purpose because she was burnt out but either way, it was dumb.

As was having Mac fire her. She should have resigned on her own if she was that disillusioned with the job.

And it would have been a hell of a lot more interesting if she'd planted the evidence.

What do you guys think about Mac firing her? He basically canned her for breaking a seal and contemplating doing something unethical. But she made the right choice in the end. Would Aiden have been fired if the situation had been the same on screen, but Vanessa wasn't leaving?

The rest of the episode was good--again, two inspired cases. Flack, you crack me up. :lol: Hawkes, you and your J Lo-lovin' self crack me up too--nice way to connect the dots. :lol: Danny, shut up. You were looking at that cuddle pile like you couldn't wait to jump in and get loved up. Like he'd pass up all that attention. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Stella and the sculptor have zero chemistry.

Oh, and to the wardrobe department.....some advice. Flack needs to lose the jacket for a number of scenes. The guy comes off as someone on his way to a hearing at City Hall or something.

You just want to see Flack's rock hard abs or the return of the leather jacket. :p ;)

I gave this episode an A. It feautured some good cases. What I enjoyed most is how I would think one thing then a new discovery would make me think something else. However, Danny and Stella's case did remind me of a past CSI episode entitled "Fur and Loathing" The episode kept me on the edge of my feet.

Stella sure had some laughable one-liners. "I'm not here to cuddle. I'm here to investage a murder." or "I don't want to break up the next Miracle on Ice." Speaking of Stella, her new love interest is a hottie. I agree, there is zero chemistry between them but for Frankie's sake I hope he sticks around for his good looks ehehe. I loved the tough Stella at the end of the episode when she arrested the guy. You go girl!

BTW Stevee's last name was a Greek one(Sampras) :D I wish all hockey players were good looking like that.

I really enjoyed the test with the dummies. It was interesting. Hawkes is definitely a bonus to the team. The teddy bear scene at the end was absolutely touching. He's so sweet. I also thought that the camera angles in the ambulance scene made it much more dramatic and intense.

Flack had some good one liners are well. I laughed when he said, "Woah.", "Um, a cat?" and "Do I have to answer that question?"

The reason why I gave the episode an A was because the lack of Aiden. Like c'mon, it was her final episode. She had no interaction with anyone else on the team except Mac. I would have loved to see a Danny and Aiden moment. To top it off she didn't even do it according to her and I'm sure she's right. Stella looked sad when Mac told her the bad news but I'm sure it was hard for Mac. That final scene was absolutely heartbreaking. I nearly cried 'cause I hate it when characters or actors I really like leave the show. Lindsey won't take Aiden's place. Stella checking up on Mac was sweet though.

Overall this was a fantastic episode. The ending made me even more excited then usual for next weeks episode :D!

Anyone else thought Stella's shirt was totally inappropriate? Her belly was all sticking out and at one point I feared her boobs were going to knock someone out.

Ugh, leave the slutty outfits to Catherine. If you're a professional, dress like it.

Anyone else thought Stella's shirt was totally inappropriate? Her belly was all sticking out and at one point I feared her boobs were going to knock someone out.

All of their outfits except for Mac and Flack's are pretty inappropriate! The guys wearing these tight polo shirts to crime scenes? (Not that I'm complaining one bit! :lol: :devil: ) Stella in a tank top last week and the green shirt this week?

They're trying to play up the sex appeal.

Ugh, leave the slutty outfits to Catherine. If you're a professional, dress like it.

[/QUOTE]

Back