• F

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Top41

Administrator
Administrator
Premium Member
New episode tonight! Give it a watch and let us know what you thought. :cool:

I was only half paying attention and didn't really give a crap about the episode until the end. All I can say is HOLY SH*T!!! This had better pay off in a big way! Just when I think I'm gonna quit watching they come up with something to reel me back in. Damn you, CSI: NY!!!

Yeah but Danny "no brain" is starting to get old they need to can him!

Actually I thought there were glimpses of "old" Danny in this episode and I liked that a lot. Danny isn't Danny unless he's doing something boneheaded that has potentially devistating ramifications. :lol:

I was slightly bored. Plus, I don't care about lingerie football. Except I do wonder how they managed to not die of pain getting hit in the chest. Anyone else cringing?

Umm, Hawkes is love. He could be strip naked talking about Balderdash and I'd still love him. And he should be strip naked *ahem*

Flack and Danny are a dream team. I love them together.

Danny's being an idiot. But at least he is sorta telling Lindsay about it. I guess their relationship is getting better.

Shane Casey, now that's a blast from the past. Didn't think I'd see him again. I wonder how Sheldon will feel about that *pets him*

Stella wore a modest shirt. Of course, I would too if that was the case. I wouldn't wanna be compared to those girls.

Mac and that catch. Wow, that was so cheesy. My dad and I were just waiting for the football to hit someone on a bicycle or for Mac to fall into an open manhole.

Siddie was awesome. I wish he got more time.

Where was Adam? Why was he gone?

Danny and Flack were hot tonight. Still Danny's being an idiot.

Well those were my two cents :p Sorry that it was so random. That's just how my brain works.

I generally liked this episode, i loved how much Sid was in it, but no Adam sad!! I even found the case to be interesting. Over all a good episode,

I however did not like that Shane Casey stole Danny's stuff. I really don't like that they are bringing him back, I would've much rather that be the kick off to a new story arc, not digging up on from 3 seasons ago. hopefully it turns out to be cool, but i didnt like it.

I give the episode a B+

Not nearly as good as last week’s, IMO. The case was downright boring, I’ve already pretty much forgotten who ended up being the killer in the end (and did they ever find out who killed the first girl, the one Sid had to exhume?). None of the guest-characters stood out in any particular way, except for the mom of the first dead girl; and I think that was far more thanks to Sid than to her.

That said, what I did like about this episode was that it felt like one of the earlier seasons’ episodes, like the show was getting back to basics with all the different stories tied up into one episode. It wasn’t just focused on a single storyline or just the case. I loved that, it made it so much easier to watch, and made for a lot of neat favourite moments, too. It goes without saying that Sid’s story was my favourite. And <3 <3 <3 to TPTB forever for that one, btw – Sid’s compassion with the mom, and how bad he felt for the misdiagnosed autopsy even though he wasn’t the one who performed it, was flat-out awesome, and even that ending football moment was too cute (although freezing the scene where Mac caught the ball was a little heavy on the cheese). And it’s great to see once again how involved Sid gets with his cases, even if only working with dead bodies. The only unbelievable thing was that he’d be the one to ask for a request to exhume the girl’s body; I wouldn’t think he had the authority to ask the mom that...

Danny’s storyline only got really interesting in the last minute of the ep, because I do love that they’re apparently bringing back Shane Casey (zomg, continuity!! And they had better be, because it'd be the hugest cop-out in the world if not). I want to see where that goes. It’s a little weird, in that if they’d been planning all along to dig up old nemeses of Danny, Shane Casey personally wouldn’t have been my first choice. But if it’s a storyline that’s getting resolved in the next episode, that puts a new spin on Carmine writing it.

ETA: Forgot to grade! :lol: B+. Bonus points for two great interrogations: Stella and Lindsay with the ex-fiancee, Danny and Flack at the jewellry store.

Last edited:
I however did not like that Shane Casey stole Danny's stuff. I really don't like that they are bringing him back, I would've much rather that be the kick off to a new story arc, not digging up on from 3 seasons ago. hopefully it turns out to be cool, but i didnt like it.

Bringing back Shane Casey, IMO, is one of their better ideas in a long while. Those were some great episodes and Shane Casey is a good foe for the team. I'm excited to see where they go with it since they've wasted so much potential for great story lines this season by not paying them off at all.

Dang. I knew I shouldn't have come in here until I could see the episode (curse you, basketball game!
icon_shakefist.gif
) - I would have been totally unspoiled for the Shane Casey bit. Oh well, I'm still curious to see what actually happened. *leaves the thread and won't come back until she's seen the episode* :p

A very Sid-centric episode, with Sid in every role possible – in the autopsie and out. :thumbsup:
On a whole, a somewhat strange episode. If the idea was to showcase beautiful scantily dressed girls :lol:– that was a success, we got a full load, as far as everything else goes – not that much.:( I had a feeling that it was not quite like the usual fast-paced, science_and_interesting_tricks-packed, clashing emotions_and_opinions-highlighted NY episode. :rolleyes: Didn’t like it. - Well, didn’t expect much from this one anyway. Seemed kind of flat, not even much to say about it. :(

Again only one case and some bits about Danny’s stolen badge. The plot had some twists in the beginning, but as soon as they said that it’s possible that the common link between the two victims was some cosmetic procedure, I knew what happened – I've read a book with the exact same plot (a janitor from some clinic passing himself for a doctor, stealing drugs and selling his “medical services” to future victims. - How close is THAT?:eek:)
I liked the scene of girl’s boyfriend interrogation though – showed how it’s not always the most obvious thing what’s really happened, was interesting how the girl've changed. :thumbsup:

Flack was paired with Danny for this investigation, could have been so good, but they were just stomping around, harassing the coach without any evidence, on sole suspicion – dull, not even a funny one-liner. :(

Again no Smacked; during the whole episode there were just a couple of short rather business-dry scenes with both of them. Loved Stella’s smile in the first scene (“That’s what I think”) and her silicon glue demonstration. :)

And what about Mac’s phrase “What you did, it’s worse than murder”? Huh? :wtf: Greed and ignorance causing an accidental death worse than premeditated murder? :wtf: Did I hear this correctly? Yeah, right….:devil:

Now it’s been a whole week since Danny’s badge and wallet were stolen, and (how nice and convenient) he finds his tag in the first pawnshop he visits with Flack. With the fingerprints of Shane on it! Wau… What a supercriminal! :guffaw: Not even a couple of life sentences can keep him away. And he has no trouble to find Danny in this acupuncture office where Danny was for the first time. I thought this story about Shane and his brother was over….:rolleyes: It's getting a bit too stretched.

Did not like Hawkes’ new hairdo.
Linsay-Danny scenes made me to want to switch to another channel.
What’s with Nathalie’s mother’s eyes? – In the first scene they had totally unreal deep-violet color, so bright that it distracted from dialog. :lol:

On the positive side, there was a lot of Sid, though mostly not in his creepy place and without patented creepy Sid comments. Liked the scene where Sid explained about the first girl death and his doubts over the coroner's conclusions. And the last scene with Sid and Mac was very sweet and unexpected.

I don’t know. :rolleyes: The first time I saw it, I thought it so flat and colorless, that I’d give it a D. Watched the second time. C-? It's worse than any of the last ones.

Why does this show go down instead of up?! :devil: 6.09 was very good, 6.10 and 6.11 – excellent, 6.12 –good/OK, 6.13 -… not even this, just flat. Oh wait, is it number 13? :eek: – That explains it. :cool:
And just to top it up the new episode is not until 2 weeks later… Aaaa…. :scream:

I have to say that this was without a doubt one of the best episodes of NY this season! Sid was so great and I'm glad he got so much screen time. The case kept me interested until the end. Only bad thing was no Adam.

Didn't think the ending was cheesy at all. In fact I thought it was the perfect way to go off.

A+

Thoughts:

So, we're starting off the game
I wonder if the no-show is the dead girl
They are showing the game longer than I thought they would
Oh, this is the clip I saw the other day - Sid is a fan
I am glad to see Sid in this one, he's been missing. But sadly that means Lindsay and Adam probably won't show up for another two or three weeks.

Theme song - I liked the one they used back in Season 1-3 better actually

Danny's hair is quite spiky
Her skin is gross looking
Ah, hair extensions
How does Sid know this woman? I'm confused
Wait, Lindsay is in it after all. I really didn't think she would be. Now if only Adam shows up...
I think Danny needs to listen to his wife and report that it was missing, although he does have the same shield number as Stella, so he could just borrow that one sometimes
I have never on any three CSI shows seen the body painted blue that I can recall
A Sid-centric episode? Well that's nice for a change
It's too early to solve the case
Oh, sleeping with the boyfriend - never good
What is Danny wearing? That blue sweater thing is ugly
Oh good he took that hideous sweater off
Or someome stole one?
No, the ugly sweater is back
Oh, are they off the the pawn shoppe?
Uh.,, I think Danny sees something that is his. Also we now know that his grandfather's name was Stanley
Well, now Flack & Lindsay know and have both told him to report it
Wow, she looks different
Danny seems to have a lot of problems, since now we know he also had a leak in his shower
Well, he must be guilty throwing trash as them and running
Flack keeps handcuffs in his back pocket?
He's finally talking
Ah, Sid again and gets a football
And Danny is looking for prints I take it
Does Mac know what he's doing?
Shane Casey? Not again. They better call Mac. I did not see that one coming.

I have to say I'm very interested in where this goes with Shane - he's been gone since what? Season 3? - Since I didn't see that coming and all I have to give it an A.

This season just gets worse and worse.:eek: Are we to believe that Shane Casey is back. He is serving 2 life senteces. He already escaped from police custody once and set up one of the csi's, now were supposed to believe he did it again. :confused: Are the writers so bad or lazy that they can't come up with new storylines. :p But fear not the way things are going this season thier just going to drop the storyline half way through anyhow.:klingon:Overall tonights epi was so so at best. I am however giving it a F because of no Adam. Any episode without Adam is an F

I liked it. Sid had a meaty part. There was plenty of eye candy. Danny and Flack worked well together and I liked Flack's reaction to Danny's badge loss. The bit with the industrial silicone was freaky and hilarious at the same time.

WTF??? Shane Casey??? That was a bolt from the blue. I can't wait to see what they're going to do with that plot trajectory.

Last edited:
Mac and that catch. Wow, that was so cheesy. My dad and I were just waiting for the football to hit someone on a bicycle or for Mac to fall into an open manhole.

:guffaw::guffaw: i was thinking *exactly* the same!!

my thoughts this week probably won't be very coherent as it's 8.15am and i've not gone to bed yet (that's either dedication or utter stupidity, you choose...).

1: my inner feminist (well, ok i'm pretty feminist generally with the odd misjudgement) was ranting a bit at this one - i realise they use things that actually happen for storylines but did they really need to pander to it by doing lots of close up shots of women crashing into eachother with very few clothes on? come on!

2: i looooved mac and sid - i'd forgotten how nicely they work together, they have a nice interaction but we've not seen it in a while (apart from the horribly cheesy ending of course!). i also really liked the sidcentricity generally, we'd not seen him in ages so it was a nice compensation to have a lot of sid action this time. his bits with the mother were lovely too. also, i liked seeing a lot of sid and hawkes working together (especially when they were painting the body!), it's always nice to see them interact.

3: i also loved danny & flack, especially when flack said "it is a big deal!" or something, i like when flack gets a bit fatherly and halfway between protective of danny and telling him off :) i'm glad danny's keeping lindsay in the loop but i think she needs to be a bit more pushy (ha! i can't believe i just said that!) when it comes to making him fess up to things like this. it really is for his own good.

4: flack taking down the perp was great, go flack!

5: storylines - i quite liked it on the whole - apart from the feminism bit - i liked that it went off on a bit of a tangent half way through, as someone else said it was a bit reminiscent of the old 2 case format. i worked out immediately that meredith was just a foil but i didn't cotton on to the surgery thing for quite a whlie so at least they kept me guessing a bit.

6: lots of lovely mac bits for me to squee over - pumping parties? :lol: ; interrogation by t&a calendar :D ; and his look of utter condescension to the perp when he said he might steal a pilot's uniform - actually i liked that whole little interrogation where he was making out that mac was living in some kind of parallel hollywood universe or something. oh and i loved when flack said did he want more bad news "why not? you're on a roll!" - there were a few cheesy bits (drawing a circle around the coach - wtf?) and of course that awful ending, but hey, it's mac, i'll let him off:rolleyes::rolleyes:

7: shane casey? wtf???

8: weird, the perp looked a little bit like my brother....:eek:

i gave it A- - i enjoyed it, i liked the mac stuff, especially with sid and flack, and the flack and danny stuff, but the sexist aspects reallllly bothered me.

Back