Votes: 1 1.9%
  • D

• D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

• Total voters
(minor complaint though; I’m half-positive ‘Antonio Riaz’ was the same name for the guy that killed Horatio’s 2-week wife on CSI:Miami in S4, the one he hunted down in Brazil. It’s not a big detail, people can have the same name -- but it was beyond irritating throughout the entire episode. Kinda wish the creators would keep tabs on the other shows, if only so characters don’t inadvertently cross over)

You are right! I caught that, too. That, and they cast a white guy to play a guy with a Hispanic name. :rolleyes: This show is pretty ridiculously whitebread.
I have an explanation for this one. The name repetition could have easily been avoided, but from a Spanish speaker's perspective is (slightly) less cheap. The thing is the surname is not Riaz, but Reyes, which is a common Spanish family name. Pronounced by an English speaker, they both sound the same, but they're not (Reyes = REH-yes, Riaz = REE-az, pronouncing that z a bit like the th in "think"). Riaz doesn't even exist as far as I know. So, well, to me it's not such a huge mistake, but there are literally thousands of Hispanic family names they could have chosen instead.

^^I just re-watched the scene. All he said was that if he took any more sick days, they'd force medical leave on him. So I guess the money issues were implied even if they weren't stated outright. (They also took out a bit where Lindsay said nothing was worth Danny ending up back in the wheelchair, so maybe the altered dialogue is better. ;))

Implied, but really, really subtly--and if they were worried about the money, I'd think that dialogue would have stayed. Certainly it would have been a believable and valid point to bring up.

Ok I rewatched the scene and it's definitively a tatoo, not a shadow,, it's a line of numbers or letters and a sort of round scare, so if they did it on purpose I wonder if it'll desappear like Flack's and Mac's did ????????????

Here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWazudg5TwI

watch 2mn20

Interesting--it's probably a tattoo Carmine has then.

I have an explanation for this one. The name repetition could have easily been avoided, but from a Spanish speaker's perspective is (slightly) less cheap. The thing is the surname is not Riaz, but Reyes, which is a common Spanish family name. Pronounced by an English speaker, they both sound the same, but they're not (Reyes = REH-yes, Riaz = REE-az, pronouncing that z a bit like the th in "think"). Riaz doesn't even exist as far as I know. So, well, to me it's not such a huge mistake, but there are literally thousands of Hispanic family names they could have chosen instead.

Yeah, I recognized the spelling of Reyes--that's Hurley's last name on Lost. It definitely sounded close enough that it immediately made me think of Miami. They could have used a different first name to differentiate. And cast a Hispanic actor. The guy who played Reyes was fine--nothing against his acting--but it kind of underscored the lack of diversity on the show.

I gave it a C+. I really enjoy having Gary Sinise as the producer, but he has done better episodes. I did like the dramatic beginning of the episode, and the whole storyline. I also thought the whole CSI: NY cast got an equal share of air time, but I missed seeing more of Adam. So far, I like Season 6 but Season 5 is my favorite season just because I'm a Flack girl :).

Originally posted by CSI_Cupcake:
The CSI's sort of become neutral in a lot of instances. The only times Mac has taken them off the case is when they had personal contact with the victim. With Hawkes it was the girl he gave his phone number to. With Danny, it was the evidence that he was at the stadium. Stella did get to work the case about her foster sister but I think only because it was a cold case. That one was a stretch for me.

Originally Posted by *lisasimpson*:
it crossed my mind they maybe shouldn't be on the case too but that line is so blurry on csi i don't think it was too bad...

Problem for me is that the rule on cases they're allowed to work has been way too arbitrary to fix it now; it's like whichever option causes the most drama (work it or not work it) in any given episode, is the one they run with. Just with this example alone -- a friend/coworker suspected of doing something illegal -- we've seen direct contradictions: no one being allowed to work Hawkes' case in Raising Shane, vs. Mac, Flack, and Aiden working Danny's on the Minhas shooting in On the Job. So either choice they ran with for Mac and Stella (who I think was supposed to be at least as close to DA Hansen as Mac was) was fair game. It's not like the show could contradict itself any further on this :lol:

Originally Posted by Top41:
Why would he think that? I believed she would, if he hadn't given up. He was surrounded. It was fun to see her in action, but that scene was a little silly.

I kept thinking Reyes was seeing through a bluff, because he was giving Lindsay the same skeezy grin he gave the mom in the courtroom, the entire time he was being handcuffed. Both times, it felt to me like he was sensing discomfort and purposely mocking it. I might be reading too much into that -- he only had the two scenes, I think, and he did the same in both...maybe it's just a thing he does when he knows he's cornered, or the only way the actor knew how to play the part. But it still added that element of discomfort to the tension in that scene for me -- Lindsay had the cold, hard edginess thing going, but I thought she seemed uneasy with the gun, and Riaz seemed to pick up on that. I think she would've shot him if she absolutely felt she had to, though.

(minor complaint though; I’m half-positive ‘Antonio Riaz’ was the same name for the guy that killed Horatio’s 2-week wife on CSI:Miami in S4, the one he hunted down in Brazil. It’s not a big detail, people can have the same name -- but it was beyond irritating throughout the entire episode. Kinda wish the creators would keep tabs on the other shows, if only so characters don’t inadvertently cross over)

You are right! I caught that, too. That, and they cast a white guy to play a guy with a Hispanic name. :rolleyes: This show is pretty ridiculously whitebread.

That makes sense, although..yeah, I agree this means it would've made that much more sense to cast a Hispanic actor for the part. And preferably, changed the name. Not a huge deal, but every time they said his name onscreen it kept taking me out of the story.

I didn't watch the whole episode yet, but I wanted to say that I really love to see Lindsay in the field again. It's always great when she's working together with Stella. I think she definitely should be in the field again more often. And she should show her gun more often as well. ;) The undercover scene was awesome. Of course I also love how Danny and Lindsay actually talk about what's up now. How he told her about his back and about his stuff being stolen. I won't grade the episode yet though as I didn't see it completely yet.

Problem for me is that the rule on cases they're allowed to work has been way too arbitrary to fix it now

exactly - i kind of wish they'd be a bit more consistent about it, even though i suspect that logisitcally it's not possible from an actors'/contractual point of view, it would make it more credible when people are taken off cases and less baffling when they're not!

Ok my bloodsugar is low and I'm nearly falling asleep while writing this , so don't take this too seriously ;)

This epi didn't really help with my bitchy mood, too many dumb things:

- What was that about doing all that they can ?...they only caught Riaz again as a sideplot 'cause he couldn't be subtle about killing an eyewitness...

- God I love Danny, but his Chara didn't use a lock ...yeah total Ryan Wolfe moment there :p

- Uh huh so the DA knows all abaou CSI and crimes, should we think he's so self assured that he's not thinking twice about planting evidence when he's one of a few persons linked to a crime scene ...driving his own car to dispose of a body ....
....could have been at least a little twist,instead of being so obvious from the beginning - and sorry the "everybody is capable of murder" message didn't make it more interesting for me ^^

Ok rant is over :lol:
And I loved the Nash Bridges judge *pets Jeff Perry*:D

The story would have been more interesting had Robin been the killer. She could have killed Tyler and framed her husband to escape blackmail and a bad marriage.

I was actually thinking/hoping that maybe the wife and boyfriend had taken the chance to frame the hubby for murder and had just set up the scene to implicate him.

P.S. Was I the only one who wished it was Flack waiting for the baddie in the witness' apartment? I knew it had to be Lindsay, but it would have been hilarious if Flack had turned around sporting a post-shower hair turban and a pair of manly, perky nipples of cop dominance.
(snicker) No, you weren't the only one! I knew it was definitely going to be one of the team, but i figured that Flack as an actual homicide detective would take the job.

Wonder why Danny would leave his wallet in an unlocked locker. One would think that a cop would know better.

Do CSI detectives also double as undercover or decoy detectives?

For me, two ladies and a man were a bit of a disappointment this week.

Stella; The court scene was overdramatic and Stella was too rash from beginning to end. Of course it was her case and she knew related people and I love her strong sense of justice and passion for work. But sometimes, it's just too hard to swallow. :(

Danny and Lindsay; Lindsay didn't know that Danny's in pain enough to make him wear a waist belt? :confused: They are a husband and wife, but sometimes they look like two people just testing the water. :rolleyes:

I don't find it too hard to believe that Lindsay didn't notice that Danny's in pain. Some spouses are notoriously famous for hiding things from their significant others... including pain. Some spouses are unaware that their significant others are cold-blooded serial killers. And if a spouse can fool their other half into thinking they are a nice church-going guy when they're really a twisted serial killer (think BTK), then I don't find it out of the realm of possibilities that someone could hide the fact that they are in pain from their spouse. Some people are just better at hiding things than others are. :)

I thought it was funny when Flack was talking about the vic's boyfriend's street name being Demon and then saying that a bunch of others popped up in the search with the same name... and then him saying something about conjuring up the people. :lol: Demon... conjure... cute, Flack. :D

Danny is Lucy's favorite? I've got news for ya, Linds, most little girls (especially Lucy's age) favor their fathers because they see their fathers as their protectors/heroes, etc. Not to mention while Danny was still in the chair, he probably spent more time with Lucy while Linds worked or whatever, so naturally she's going to develop a deeper bond with him.

Lindsay playing decoy was pretty cool. Reminds me of when Sara went undercover to try to help catch the Strip Strangler (or whatever that serial killer was called).

My take on Danny's pain is that he's not very good at hiding things in the first place. But in this instance I figured he must have been coming on shift and she was already at work. He could have been keeping it in his locker to wear at work and she hadn't seen it yet. The great thing is that he didn't look like he had been caught or anything. He was very honest about why he had it and what it was for.

As for him being Lucy's favorite, whereas that is probably true, I think Lindsay was trying to use her as leverage to tempt him with medical leave or at least some time off. I also think he saw right through it. I said in my initial comments that the pills he chewed might not be pain pills but after watching it again and seeing Lindsay's facial expression when he popped two out of the bottle, they might just be painkillers of some sort. She didn't seem to pleased that he was taking them.

Last edited:
This episode wasn't too IMO. I really like how Stella shined in the episode especially as she discovered that she lived a 15 year lie with the 'detective'. That she literally interrupted a case that was tarnished by the lawyer's actions took unimaginable guts.

The problem I had is how they just merely throw Danny's injuries under the bus. I mean, come on, he was paralyzed for a while and struggled to even move his feet. Now granted, I know nothing about recovery, nor do I ever want to experience paralysis but I highly doubt that someone who was paralyzed due to a spinal injury can do cartwheels or run with no aftereffects. Many people who have spinal injuries or major leg injuries walk oddly for years if not the rest of their lives.

Still, all in all, Criminal Justice was not bad to me.

Gave it an A, I loved the story and I enjoyed Stella´s performance. I know I´m biased on this, but it was about time that she got "her" episode in this season.

Danny not locking his locker,.....well, shouldn´t happen to a detective, but maybe he was distracted by his back pains and simply forgot it. As this was the opener for another case, we might get more insight about it. Though, of course, it wasn´t right from Danny not to report his loss immediately, but surely this is also another plot for the story to get him in trouble.

Back