Grade "Communication Breakdown"

How would you grade Communication Breakdown?

• A+

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • A

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • A-

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • B+

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • B

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • B-

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • C+

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • C

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • C-

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • D+

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D-

• F

• Total voters
I did enjoy the episode, even though there was practically no storyline, as there was a good vibe to it.

The technology normally annoys me, but I was fair taken with the virtual autopsy of the guys innards. I'm awaiting scans of my intestines, so I'll give the local hospital a miss and get Sheldon to do my scans. Though a month before my surgery, him throwing intestines around the room might have been too much. It reminded me of my last surgeon, I asked if he might have moved my intestines while he took my stomach out, he laughed and said, yes onto the table and back in again. Never found out if he was joking or not. :confused:

I was slightly confused about the rainbow coloured lungs. Was that due to the stuff they were throwing about outside that girls craft shop? If so, Don and Jess were inhaling it too, isn't that dangerous?

I found Danny and the baby names funny, as I've gone six months of semi-permanent conversations about what my niece will call her baby if it's a girl. The whole family has to agree (like that could happen) and with only 6 weeks left, my niece and her fiance (they're evil - no wedding yet) are still arguing and the rest of us are praying for a boy.

Maybe AJ is right that they don't know "the big secret", as Carmine has been on form 2 weeks in a row, or maybe it's down to no Lindsay.

I like that they're keeping Flack / Angel scenes lighthearted. so unlike DL.

Why did they take Danny with them, if they wanted to sneak up on the killer? he is such a klutz. And it was very unlikely that the guy was armed, so why did Don look nervous and Danny petrified?

I thought the Irish guy had an obviously Scottish accent, checked and he's from Ayrshire. Do they not have anyone who can speak in an Irish accent in Hollywood? The Belfast character on The District was from Glasgow and used his native tongue.

6 weeks to decide on Sheldon was hilarious though.

Yay for speaking French :)
Im a french speaking Canadian and so there was no translation needed for me. French is actually my first language but my english is pretty good now.

I loved seeing Angell back in action shes one of my favorites. I was really getting annoyed that she was left out of so many in a row.
Danny was damn freaking annoying and I got sick of the name thing within like 5 minutes. Im glad they are having a girl.
Im becoming a cultural anthropologist so all the stuff about native american art and heritage was definately fun and my nerdyness was shining through.

Flack and Angell are like the cutest ever! Tres Tres Bien on the writers part for putting them together.

The episode as a whole was not my favorite so far this season but it was not horrible.

Breaking news! New York is a big, big city with many, many people from all over this big, multicultural, multi-ethnical world... so? I don't see the point in having a bunch of people speaking different languages in just one single episode to remind us that. It simply doesn't make sense. Instead, they could have bits of those multilingual scenes scattered about the episodes, because the only one to speak something that's not English on a regular basis is Stella. This whole "oh, we're different, but we're all Newyorkers and we're awesome!" display was rather stupid.

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one annoyed by the baby name thing. I wish I got paid to do personal stuff and pester my colleagues during my shift.

The case was... wait a minute, there was a case! I think.

*sigh* And next week we get a rerun. Great :shifty:

You bring up a really great point and I definitely agree with you. I'd much prefer it if they just included a lot more diversity from episode to episode rather than cram it down our throats in one ep, show casing everything at once. They used to do this a lot more in the first season, episodes like Rain and Blink and Grand Master come to mind. When they made those changes late in season one that were then solidified in season two they really changed a lot more than they should have with the show.

Breaking news! New York is a big, big city with many, many people from all over this big, multicultural, multi-ethnical world... so? I don't see the point in having a bunch of people speaking different languages in just one single episode to remind us that. It simply doesn't make sense. Instead, they could have bits of those multilingual scenes scattered about the episodes, because the only one to speak something that's not English on a regular basis is Stella. This whole "oh, we're different, but we're all Newyorkers and we're awesome!" display was rather stupid.

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one annoyed by the baby name thing. I wish I got paid to do personal stuff and pester my colleagues during my shift.

You bring up a really great point and I definitely agree with you. I'd much prefer it if they just included a lot more diversity from episode to episode rather than cram it down our throats in one ep, show casing everything at once. They used to do this a lot more in the first season, episodes like Rain and Blink and Grand Master come to mind. When they made those changes late in season one that were then solidified in season two they really changed a lot more than they should have with the show.

Maybe Flack only borrowed the translator gizmo, so they can only talk to 'foreigners' for one week only.

1) Danny and the name thing got old - FAST... work, Danny, work!
2) I loved Adam's explanation about the Irish game
3) I enjoyed hearing people speak foreign languages. Why is Stella the only one who does it in eps other than this one?
4) Louie! He DOES remember that he had/has a brother
5) Really? 6 weeks with no name? What did they call him?
6) Flack and Angell messing with the translator thigy? Really? Would they do that?
7) Killed by one of his own. That was a huge surprise.
8) That colored powder stuff was annoying
9) That hologram autopsy thing is getting annoying. I certainly hope that's not how Hawkes did an autopsy BEFORE the cool new shiny expensive gadget that was bought in the middle of a budget crisis (or is that over now?:rolleyes:)
10) Really? Texting your hubby to tell him he will have a daughter. How lame.....
11) Can't find any info on that particular tribe. Must be made up. Oh, well...
12) Adam was funny "I like your name, Mac"! Tee-hee!
13) Sepsis? Ewwww....
14) OK ep. Gave it an A, but I think they could have done better.

Fay, you're killing me here! I do believe you are a stand-up comedian. If not, you missed your calling! You are too much! Of course, I pop on here first thing in the morning at work quick, and I see your commentary! :guffaw: Thanks for making a tough day a little easier! You too, Uberniftacular! I agree on the chemicals issue - I later realized he was trying to make stomach acid, but I thought for a moment he was playing with chemicals. That's a no-no where I work!

Oh, one more comment - things happen because this is CSI:NY. Do we need any other explanation? No, I didn't think so :rolleyes:

Word. Even in New York, what are the chances of a train being full of foreign people? I mean, c'mon, do not insult our intelligence, please! And roxi, what is that season that you speak of? It never happened.

D+, and the plus comes from Adam, and I am still being generous. There were so many things wrong with this episode.

First of all, it bugged me the way they stuffed all the cultures in one episode. The second thing was what Danny told Adam: "Our bearded friend from the Tech Republic". Really? Tech Republic. It could have been so funny if it was said in another episode that didn't have much to do with foreigners, but here? It just sounded cheesy.

The naming of the baby is the third on my black list. Although it was meant to be funny, and playful and making Danny look concerned, it didn't. It just made me cringe all the way. Almost every line in this episode was in the wring place at the wrong time.

The only two good points in this episode were: Adam (as usual,no matter how boring and uninteresting this episode was, I always "wake up" from my boredom and pay attention to him) and loads of screentime for Hawkes. I'm guessing that now they have time for him since Lindsay is not in the episode and the writers are not concentrating on the trainwreck DL.

And it's time to stop with the 3D autopsy thingy. It just looks like it's taken out from a really bad SciFi movie, and it insults Sid and Hawkes

Boring, unispired, insulting the audicence's intelligence from A to Z.

On a side note, it took me almost two hours to write this, because in the middle of writing it I had to go out and I left the window opened, so my apologies for the posters above me, if I repeated something you said.

Did anyone else think that sport they Irish guys were playing looked like field hockey?

It's called Hurling and it's a brutal game! The female version is called Camogie and is just as brutal!

I'm sorry I just thought the entire speaking Gaelic thing was just woefully cringe worthy! To me it just seemed like the writers wanted everyone to speak another language no matter how unrealistic it was.

Well, the first thing I thought of when I watched it was, "Wow, the writers suck." I'm sorry, but honestly, Filipinos don't say 'minamahal kita' anymore. It's so old, and that couple looked really young. My cousin laughed when I told her... (We're Filipino). Anyways, then I thought of how stupid the whole train thing was. It was like the writers finally realized that they weren't really representing many ethnic minorities, and so just decided to dump a whole bunch of them on a train. :rolleyes:

The whole baby-naming thing was really cute, but he shouldn't really be so focused on that when he's on a case, so I'm kinda neutral on the whole situation. (But maybe, just maybe, they'll actually tell us what happened to Louie?)

I really honestly hate the hologram stuff. It's like they got those Postgraduate degrees for nothing. Come on now, in real life, it's still old-school, and old school works. ;)

The Don/Angell scene... super cheesy but really cute. I like how they're keeping this relationship lighthearted.

Don speaking Gaelic... :drool:
The overall case was okay, but it was kinda obvious to me who the killer was.

Yes for the lack of Lindsay. And you know, just for the record, it's sad when you text your husband about the fact that you're gonna have a girl instead of calling. Wow. Just, wow. :rolleyes:

Double yes for the Adam scenes. He always always makes things better. I love how he interacted with Mac in the end. It was the best part of the whole episode, in my opinion. I bet Faylinn's happy for all the Sheldon/Adam interaction. ;)

Last edited:
Generally an OK but easily forgettable episode.

As everyone has already said, total overkill with the languages. It seemed like the writers had a bet on to see how many languages they could get into one episode.

Too much technology again. And I swear if I hear 'I did a search of possible importers/suppliers of X in the city and there is only one' again I will throw something at the tv. Just stop it!

As fm62 has aleady said the Irish guy was clearly Scottish and made no attempt at an irish accent, I can't believe that they couldn't find an irish actor to play the part - or at least an actor who could do an irish accent.

As for texting your husband the sex of your unborn child WTF!

Lindsay, who could you be texting?
IDK, my baby daddy?

:p

Yumi696 said:

I bet Faylinn's happy for all the Sheldon/Adam interaction. ;)
Yes yes. :adore: I'm so easily pleased.

By the way, the episode didn't just start on any random train - it was supposed to be the 7 train, which is sometimes called the "International Express". The scene(s) still had all the subtlety of a sledgehammer (especially given that they rarely show diversity in other episodes, which makes this one stand out even more), but I thought I'd point that out since it was meant to be relevant to why there were so many people speaking different languages on the train.

By the way, the episode didn't just start on any random train - it was supposed to be the 7 train, which is sometimes called the "International Express". The scene(s) still had all the subtlety of a sledgehammer (especially given that they rarely show diversity in other episodes, which makes this one stand out even more), but I thought I'd point that out since it was meant to be relevant to why there were so many people speaking different languages on the train.

Ahhh, that tidbit helps, but yes, it's as subtle as you mention. Subtlety and continuity...they were ripped from our grasp by the Big Black Hole.

Oh man oh man I loved this episode so much! I was giddy about it all day at school, and now still. xD

Okay um what I loved;

-The thing about lanuages in the episode.I love when there are types of shows that incorporate lauages and I believe this episode of CSI NY did it good.

-Danny going around asking people on their opinions on baby names.I thought it was cute! Also when he made a remark about Hawkes name was funny.Also the banter between them when Hawkes commented on each name Danny suggested

- The Flack and Angell scenes throughout the episode were awesome! There is a lot of chemistry between the two actors onscreen. It almost made me feel guilty about the fanfiction I've written with Angell and Flack being with other people.Eep. D:

-Sid and Hawkes' scenes. They are such good friends!! I love it!!

-Sid's comment about his grandmother was hilarious xD

-That virtual technology thing that Hawkes was using was pretty cool

-Flack speaking Gaelic was very very hot...You know what I thought he was going to do? I though he was going to simply give a snarky comment in an irish accent, mocking those guys. I NEVER expected him to use the Gaelic language. That threw me for a loop. I was bouncing around my room. Hey when is he going to speak Italian? If he is Italian that is...

-Angell speaking French! Fantastic( Also Flack's comments at the beginning and ending episode about it being "the sexiest thing I ever heard..") xD

-Adam and Danny showing Mac and the rest what they found out about on that Poker game

-Mac punching that computer guy( Whom I never for a moment suspected of doing anything, let alone return for the rest of the episode) was surprising. I honestly didn't expect him to do that.

-The end where everyone was gathered around gave me a happy feeling =)

-I like the name Anabella. I wished/thought secretly they were having a boy though. Didn't expect they'd have a girl. It wasn't that obvious jeesh! xD

What could have been better;
-I wanted Adam, Danny, and Hawkes to speak some kind of language. I think its good to see a character speak another lanuage, to make them seem more dimensional(those guys are already, but it would have been nice)

-That music was weird...xD
I'm like "What's this?"

-The Native American man...honestly I thought he was white when I saw him in the morgue.But I can see the Native American features a bit other than that.

-LOUIE!!! NOOOO!!!

Overall A+ I really enjoyed watching this.=D
I was listening for Gary's voice at the credits, and I was really looking forward to a episode. I'm not used to watching shows fromt he beginning of the season until certain months.

Well if I have anything else to add I will later. =D

Last edited:
~ "Our little bearded friend from the tech republic" :p

:lol: That made me smile.

Overall I didn't think this episode was particularly great, but it was OK. Text messaging your husband to let him know the sex of your baby is weird. Clearly, sometimes actually talking to each other would be best. Adam laughing at the name 'Mac' made me chuckle. And I do love a nice, happy team moment at the end of an episode. :)

6) Flack and Angell messing with the translator thigy? Really? Would they do that?
*smirks* Yeah, pretty much. I don't expect any less of them. :lol:

Danny with the names was annoying and unsubtle. Maybe once or twice- like, the scene with Hawkes and the scene at the end. But it was repetitive and my god, Danny picks some very random names. Seriously, I figured by the second name sentence that he was going to have a girl. Which, by the way, is the worst way to tell your husband of the gender of your child.

I actually like the multicultural idea of New York.Maybe is late but is a change in the correct direction.

I guess when Lindsay is not around the pregnancy storyline doesn't bother me too much becouse I found Danny cute.The ending scene demostrated that at least something good came from it since the team was bonding and all.

No words for Flack and Angell.They are just too HOT for words.And all of that mixed with them working professionally with no drama.This is how a relationship in a TV show should be.Of course,with that chemistry is hard to go wrong.

Back