Gilmore girls

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Macayla, Dec 11, 2005.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

The ending was very open ended but then I went back and watched the firs episode and realized that the way they started the series is how they ended it.

We were dropped into a life already in progress and we were taken from the same life, it's like coming into an established conversation and then leaving when your question has been answered and the conversation keeps going.

I hope that makes some sort of sense. :lol:

2. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

You're so right starzsgirl it does makes sense to me.

We just entered in the middle of their lives when the show began and it had to end the way it did. Thanks.

When you think about it, Luke and Lorelai were single at the beginning and in the end they became single again. :)

After watching the Finale again, I get it. :)

---------------------
    [​IMG]

3. WP_Rocks_MY_World

The S4 finale is showing on Friday(3rd) and my All-time favorite moment happens.......

"The Kiss [​IMG]

[​IMG] One of television most memorable "kiss moment" :)

The Gilmore Girls is one of a very few television shows that I can just watch over and over and over.....and never get tired of. :thumbsup:

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I LOVE that.

"What are you doing?"

"Just stand still"

Then the kiss and then...

"What are you doing?"

"Would you just stand still?"

ROFL. Best couple.

5. WP_Rocks_MY_World

Darn...Kirk had to ruin the moment. :lol:

Come Monday afternoon, Season 5 begins on the ABC Family channel. I'm wondering if they are going to actually show Season 7 this time around? Because the last time it ended with Season 6 and then started all over again? :)
    That was just wrong! :eek:

[​IMG] Here's another moment that I love! :drool:

6. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I don't know...that was pretty darn funny. And it was a perfect set up for the way that Sookie found out the next day. ;)

7. WP_Rocks_MY_World

True it was a darn funny moment. :guffaw: Kirk is a wonderful, goofy, crazy, lovable character. I just felt the spotlight should have remained on Lorelai & Luke. :drool:
    Being a huge supporter of L&L, I would have rather seen them kissing a third time then a naked Kirk. :lol:

Looking forward to Season 5 tomorrow. :)

-----------------------
    [​IMG]

8. WP_Rocks_MY_World

Ok folks, ABCchannel has started Season 6 so I got my fingers crossed the Final season will air this time around. :)

With all this talk of a Movie with tv shows, I know there have been rumours of a Gilmore Movie, should there be one?

Personally, I would love it if it included all the original characters from the tv series.

Is it a good idea to have tv shows go to the big screens? :)

[​IMG] My fave! :drool:

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Though S7 left everything very wide open for anything to happen, IMHO, I don't think a movie would be a smart idea. Like I've said before the show started and ended a particular way for a reason, we were dropped in and then yanked out. I think the writers did that to make people think.

Also Lauren is doing Guys and Dolls on Broadway (to which I would pay to see if I could get to NYC) and Alexis is working on her own projects.

10. WP_Rocks_MY_World

Believe me starzgirl you help me to find closure with the whole series.
    When I say "Movie" I was thinking more of the whole town of Stars Hollow and not just focusing on Lorelai & Rory from the tv show. There are so many wonderful quirky characters, I'd be willing to see it on the big screen.
    I'm not sure if choosing a whole set of new Actors would work though. Some Movies had a whole set of new Actors so who knows?
    Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud.

As for Lauren, I too would love to see her on Broadway but I can't. Which is too bad for us both. :(
    From what I understand Guys & Gals runs til October. :)
    There has been talk of a new tv series for Lauren so hopefully that will come thru. :)

ETA: Hey guys I'm sorry about the mix-up, the ABC channel is still in it's 5th season of the GG not the 6.
    For some strange reason I was thinking that Richard & Emily's Vow Renewal was the Finale? It's not!
    That particular ep was the 100th ep of the Gilmore Girls.
    The 5th finale is Lorelai's proposal.

--------------------
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Lauren Graham was on Rachel Ray discussing Guys and Dolls and said she didn't know if there would be a GG movie, she didn't seem too sold about it by her facial expressions. But the again who knows what will happen. :)

12. WP_Rocks_MY_World

Personally, I don't think it will happen.
    Of course I would love to see it happen but..... :(
    If they cast a whole bunch of new Actors to play the roles, it could happen. Right? :rolleyes:

Of course it definitely wouldn't even come close to being the same show. So I don't know if it would be worth the trouble.

Anyway, Gilmore Girls are now in Season 6 on the ABCFamily channel. I just hope they air Season 7 this time around. :)

------------------
    [​IMG]

13. WP_Rocks_MY_World

Yay! I am so happy the ABC Family channel will air Season 7 of the Gilmore Girls starting June 8. :thumbsup:

Yes, I've seen them already....but...it's nice watching it on a network.:drool:

----------------------
    [​IMG]

14. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

I would love to have a GG movie, but I honestly doubt that'll ever happen. Lauren and Alexis were ready to move on by the time the show ended.

It's one show I can't exactly get enough of, you know? I've seen every single episode a million times and I could still sit and watch entire marathons. As a matter of a fact it's one of the few shows that I won't turn away from if I've seen the episode five or six times. Pretty much just GG and CSI, though I've been turning CSI off sometimes in the past few months. Especially if it's a GSR episode.

15. WP_Rocks_MY_World

ITA lostladyknight I can watch the Gilmore Girls over and over. :)
    I lost interest in CSI couple years back but I do watch every now & then epecially if Lady Heather is on! :drool:

I have to honestly say Season 7 isn't my favorite. :( I was soooo disappointed when Lorelai married Chris and I'm not a fan of Chris. :rolleyes:
    I was also very surprised and disappointed with how the Series Finale ended?? But.....it's done! I'm ok with it now. :lol:

-------------------
    [​IMG]