Gil & Sofia #2-Let's have dinner. Shall we?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by KiraGrissom, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Thanks much for posting those lyrics Umbrello!

Man, I haven't heard that song in a long time, but it is soo perfect for them.

You know it's hardcore love when they flirt in the morgue. :lol:

I also like that even seeing Lady H. again, Gil still has his eyes all over, as well as up & down Sofia. Yeah Baby she’s the one!

2. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Viva Gofia Baby! Great observation Taz. Saying alot that she can keep Gil's interest no matter what occurs in his life.

Being a dreamer, I would like to think that maybe they have not worked together much this season cause he is seeing her in his offtime. I mean Gil does know which detective will be working a case. If they were having a relationship he may purposely put distance from her at work. Just a thought.

3. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

See that would tie into what I said back after Secrets & Files. Just the tone of his voice in asking "What are you doing here?" - is exactly like a married couple discussion.

There is some surprise since it is unexpected and not was discussed before shift.

There is a hint of guilt for maybe having forgotten something really important.

And there is a gentle familiar quality of hearing your lover’s voice.

So I wouldn’t be surprised if there are truly a couple and he is just making sure they don’t OD on each other. It is much more fun to stay in that ‘new lovers’ high as long as you can before settling into a more mature and mellow love.

But he still can’t keep his eyes off of her! He is soo busted on that, ha

4. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

First of all just had to say it is still such a pleasure to be continuing Kiss Kiss Yo Bang Role Play over in Fan Fiction. Taz is a phenominal writer for Gofia! You must check out her latest entry. I am still in awe. Link is at bottom of page due to adding this information.

Now that you have me thinking on the "married couple" mentality from Secret and Flies this makes sense to me. Note in the scene he did not look at her while she was talking. That says to me he is comfortable enough with her that he does not have to look at her to feel the connection between her. Voice conveyed all the affection he needed to get from her.

Ha, I do think there was a little guilt there Taz. I can see Gil with all the stuff he crams in his mind, forgetting something important they discusssed and get busted for not remembering. There is no doubt Sofia knows how to handle him.

Gofia Role Play

5. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Awww shucks, thanks for the nice words LSB and I have to say you are improving by leaps & bounds in that thread too. I am having tons of fun writing Sofia since she is very close to my original character I wrote well over 3 years ago. And if anyone wants to read a really spicy Gil & Sofia story check out Parley Besmirch at CSI:Confessions.

You know what we need to do is make a list of all the looks these two give each other. Kira ! This is the perfect job for you since you did a great job documenting all the looks & touches for your Grillows website.

Let’s see, we need Gil looking down her shirt/dress

Checking out her butt

Looking into her beautiful blue eyes and getting lost there

Checking out the whole package form top to bottom

And then we need Sofia checking him out too.

What you say girlfriend!

6. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Yes, please take time to check out this story. I still love going back and reading this over and over.

Tazzer did a brilliant job of bringing the romance between these two to life. I felt like I was right in the story with them the whole time. Gives you chills. This is a rollercoaster ride you don't want to miss.

I totally agree that Kira rocks at finding all the key moments in a ship. Would love to see what all you find for Gofia.

I just had to go back to this quote. It was stuck in my head for some reason.

"I can barely move in this dress and we haven't cleared the bathroom yet, so there it is. Don't worry, I'm wearing underwear. As far as you know."
    -- Sophia Curtis to Gil Grissom (Formalities)

Then I think of the scene that follows when she starts processing the room and he is sitting on his kit pretending to be working. She pics up those g-strings and dangles them from her fingers. Now you know the thought of her wearing or not wearing underwear re-entered his mind at that moment. No wonder he was ignoring David.

Sofia provokes priceless look out of Gil.
    [​IMG]
    Its almost as if he is battling with his mind.

Gil: Dear Gawd, make the images go away, no stay, go away, stay. I am never gonna get anything done. Is David talking to me? Why did I have this camera in my hand? Where am I?

7. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

[​IMG]

Or he could be shooting himself for not figuring out while she was still in the red dress if she was wearing underwear. Now that she is in the jumpsuit that is so baggy on her petite frame there is no way to tell.

[​IMG]

I see two things here and either could be correct......

1. He is still trying to decide if she is wearing any panties, cause he already saw she had no bra on under the dress. And since she challenged him to figure out if there was any garment on her lower half – well that is what he is still doing, while forgetting all about David and the DB. It's a burning question in his mind that won't go away and he needs evidence.

2. He is taking that thong she is holding up and mentally putting it on her curvy lower half to burn that image in his mind. Again, totally forgetting about David and the DB right next to him.

3. He is doing all of the above cause he is good at multi-tasking in his head and you just don't pass up opportunities like this. The blonde spitfire that has his full attention is alive and the DB isn't going anyway, so why not indulge. :lol:

Really, could his night get any better?

First he gets out of giving the Ecklie speech, and then he gets to spend the entire night with this beautiful woman.

Hot Damn Lady Luck has blessed him this day!

8. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I like this option the best cause Grissom has got to be the ultimate mulit-tasker.

Think there is proof of that in "No Humans Involved" as well.
    Sofia is walking around Gil, talk processing the scene. There is not doubt he is aware of her cause we get this comment from him.

GRISSOM: "She talks to herself." (talking to Brass)

Well this is a big red flag even though he is looking over a DB again, that is not the only thing on his mind. Secretly he is watching every move she makes. From the reactions on Brass's face in the scene he knows Gil has other interests than the DB as well. Plus the comment made above tells us he remembers things about Sofia. Most times you remember things about people and share them when you are infactuated, or very interested in that person.

[​IMG]

This is a gem of a picture. Looky in the background. Sofia has her eyes locked on Gil as well. She is slicker though, as most women can look without getting caught. Love it! :devil:

9. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Ha, ha, ha now is that the truth or what?

So you know how Gil & Sofia have not been on the same cases much this year, and I know we have talked about why this might be (duh, they are seeing each other plenty after work).

Well, knowing how popular text messaging is, I'm sure this is how they have talking to each other. But NOW add sending photos over the cell phone and this is Gil's reaction to a spicy self portrait Sofia has sent to him :devil:

[​IMG]

10. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Isn't technology such a wonderul thing. No wonder Gil wouldn't answer the phone call to Ecklie in Secret and Flies. He knew it would eventually send someone to the scene to find him. Something tells me he knew it would bring Sofia. Even though he didn't turn his head to look at her. I think he found it gratifying to hear that sexy commanding voice of hers. Something tells me later after shift he got in trouble for that little trist, making her a gopher. He he. :devil:

To me posture can say alot in how you feel about a person. For example.....
    [​IMG]
    Note how he touches and leans on the desk bringing him closer to her proximity and you can tell he is concentrating on her intently here.
    [​IMG]
    Next picture, he has moved in even closer, nothing to look at in this scene for they were listening to sounds. The sound I think he is enjoying is the soothing sound of her talking and explaining things. I love the smirk on her face. She knows he is inching closer to her.
    [​IMG]

Lastly,he has moved a tad bit more, but she has moved closer to him as well, the space in the above picture is gone. Plus, he has cocked his head showing he is paying even more attention to what she is doing. Let's face it, anytime he has the opportunity to be in a room with her, he takes as much advantage to be close to her as the situation will allow. :D

Thanks to Erica for the screen caps.

11. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Yep that smooth glide over to be closer to Sofia is just what he would do with Teri Miller and we all know how much he was grooving on her.

[​IMG]

Man as soon as he hits the room, his eyes and attention shoot right over to Sofia. And since she knows his love of history, she takes great pleasure in talking about pottery and sound.

The flirty escalates with Gil finishing her sentence of "We come a long way - Baby" and then he takes great pleasure in explaining to Sofia about the incest case and that the mother calls her son Angel.

[​IMG]

He's very pleased with himself for getting both Baby and Angel directed at Sofia in this visit. Subtle but effective their one and only scene together.

Gotta Love that Gofia Love

12. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I just love finding all the wonderful moments these two share. Even in the morgue they looked relaxed together. Love the conversation in "Unbearable" during this scene.

[​IMG]

(Grissom finds a strand of hair with a tag on it. He looks at it under the
    magnifying glass.)

GRISSOM: A brown hair with a follicular tag. A person's entire identity balled
    up in a few nanograms of matter.

SOFIA CURTIS: Assuming one's identity can be wholly quantified by our DNA.

GRISSOM: Well, genetically, it can. We're completely programmed as soon as the
    sperm hits the egg.

SOFIA CURTIS: So we're defined at a cellular level?

GRISSOM: More or less.

SOFIA CURTIS: No. Identity is the totality of our life experiences and our
    brain neurons process our relationship to the world and each other.

GRISSOM: I stand corrected. DNA is what we are, not who we are.

SOFIA CURTIS: What we are never changes. Who we are never stops changing.

GRISSOM: Yeah. Whether we like it or not.

What I love most about this whole conversation was the fact it further shows that Grissom listens to her intently. Cause in the end scene he comes back at her with what she stated to him in the morgure. "What we are never changes. Who we are never stops changing." Then of course we get the great dinner invitiation at the end of the episode.

Gofia Rocks!

13. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Ha, he is sly. Nice way to start talking about sex with her, a Freudianslip of wanting their egg & sperm to meet, ha.

Don’t they look so cozy talking about life & sex, right before dinner.

[​IMG]

14. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Plus, since TPTB like to leave alot useen and unspoken, anything could have happened during and after dinner. Maybe he took her out dancing. Something tells me he would love to see her dressed up again.

Which brings me back to this picture. Not only do they make a stunning couple but a picture says a thousand words sometimes. Have you ever seen so many sparks fly.

This also made me think of the balcony scene when he had his bowtie off playing with it while she undressed.

He has the elevator card in his hand and you can tell he was fidgeting with it as well. He has to do something to control himself from ravishing this woman on the spot, ha.

[​IMG]

15. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Hmm, can't ever remember seeing Gil fidget SOO MUCH in 5 seasons as he does in this one show.

Then again we never had seen Sofia before this night either.

Odd the two supervisors are the ones that are on-call on this most important night of passing the Assistant Director torch. You would think the low-man on the pole would be stuck with that duty.

See it was meant to be.