Gil<3Cath #28: Love Is Sharing Water, Glasses and Everything

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Sep 27, 2007.

?

Pick your favorite titles for the next Gil<3Cath thread!

1. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--He Shares His Apartment with Her

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Because They Share Apartments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Seek and Ye Shall Find

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Because They Can't Stand Being Apart

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--It's Always There

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Simmering, Brewing and Loving

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Because They Can't Help Themselves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Sexing Up the City of Sin

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  9. Gil<3Cath #29: PureJoy--Enough Chemistry to Power Vegas

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Re: Gil<3Cath #28: Love Is Sharing Water, Glasses and Everyt

I think when one of the kids gets into trouble, it's definitely time for mom and dad to sit down and have a loooooooooong talk. They need to realize what's wrong with the team and what's wrong with the two of them and do their best to work it out. :)

Ooooh Happy Birthday Gravy! I hope you're having a good day. :D

Annnnnd thanks for the comments gals. I'm glad you liked the new look of BTA.

2. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I could see Warrick pushing G and C together. It's always been said that G and C are like the mom and dad of the team, so if something is wrong with one of their "kids", they're sure to want to help out.

I also wonder if seeing Warrick spiral out of control will wake them up to what the big problem has been between them recently.

And Gravy - your banner rocks :D

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Happy Birthday GraveyardIntern

Here is a present for you

[​IMG]

To help us look forward to the upcoming episode
    and Cath and Gil and the team.

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Cool pic, Heather! I love that set of pics of Catherine and Gil in the hallway. :) That took me back to the photos of the early seasons and see what I found...he really likes to watch her. Look at his face and the smile! :D

[​IMG]

5. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

Haha, of course Gil likes to watch her. Who doesn't?

I like the mom and dad comments. The CSI team has a real family dynamic and Gil and Catherine are like the parents who have always been there for the kids. Why should this time be any different? Actually, this time, I would hope that they would try harder to resolve the conflict between themselves and the others. I mean, they just lost Sara and I can't see them just giving up on Warrick, especially so soon after Sara left.

I really hope that there is a scene at some point with Gil and Catherine having a really long talk about everything. They need it desperately.

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Probably everyone has a thing for Catherine, I guess. :D But Gil is different and you know that. Hehe. He not only watches her. He watches over her, too, and vise versa. :)

It's interesting that Cath and Gil are always referred to the mom and dad of the team. I like it. A lot. It shows that they're equal and that they know each other very well to be such close partners. They were described as an old married couple, and Ann Donahue even said they had this marriage of the minds. So it totally makes sense that Cath and Gil and the ma and the pa, and the younger CSIs are the kids. lol.

7. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Thank you for the great birthday wishes! It wasn't very special since I had a load of school work and was really busy with other things. :p But oh well. I'll look forward to my 18th birthday next year, right? :lol:

Mom and Dad of the team. You can't be mom and dad if it's just platonic. ;)

Let me not, to the marriage of true minds
    Admit impediments;
    Love is not love that alters when it alteration finds,
    or bends with the remover to remove.

:lol:

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

They definitely are long due about having that conversation! I just saw yesterday the episode were Cath believes she was raped (such a strong episode, I almost cried, I felt so sad for her)and I was waiting for a scene were Grissom was there for her and it just didn't happen. I just think that if it would have been season 1 or 2 he would've been the first one to comfort her. I miss that! So both of them have been through a lot and they need to find each other again.

9. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

I don't know. As nice as it would have been to see Gil comfort her after she believes that she was raped, I still don't think it would have happened. The whole reason that Cath called Sara was because it was a feminine issue. If I was raped or thought I had been raped, the last thing I'd want is to be around a man. But you are right, hipphugger17, that he should have been more concerned about her than he was. I mean, the Gil we knew in seasons 1-4 would have tore the bastard a new one for touching his best friend. His first instict was always to protect her and it would be nice to see him acting like that again, just to reassure her that he will always be there for her, no matter what the case.

Heck, we could write a book about all the times he was there, protecting and comforting her.

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I was just surprised that she called Sara. Considering the two hadn't had a great history. I would have expected her to call Sofia. Then again, Sofia is a detective, but she was a CSI.

But yes, I did think Gil should have shown a little more emotion after what had happened to her. It was strange he was so distant.

Then again, he was distant when Eddie died, which I think was because he didn't know how to act, or how to comfort her. Maybe he felt the same way this time.

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I thought Gil had much more emotion for her when Eddie died than with the rape thing. It was in his tone of voice and the manner in which he spoke. When he was allowing her time off for Eddie's death, his voice was sincere and directed solely towards her with comfort - even if he couldn't get the right words to come out.

With her possible rape, it just sounded so clinical - as if they were discussing an ordinary case. All he did was mention "thank God" when she said the results were negative, then he told her she needed to back off from the case. It all sounded so clinical in his voice.

As far as going to Sara vs Sofia? I don't think Sofia would have even crossed Catherine's mind at that point. Yes, a woman was her first choice. But it's also the fact that she's worked directly on the same team with Sara for a full six years up to that point. With Sofia, she'd only had limited contact - even though Sofia was technically around longer than we've seen her on the screen - as she was Ecklie's "right hand".

Now, for the new episode. We had one scene with Cath & Gil before Catherine disappeared for the rest of the episode. I actually liked the scene. Gil arrives as Cath & Greg are processing and asks where Warrick is. Cath says she's tried calling him, but not getting an answer. Gil says he & Cath will take the bodies and gives Greg a choice of processing the garbage truck or the trail of garbage, he chooses the "fresh air". Cath asks Gil if she also gets to choose, and she prefers the garbage truck guy instead of the more decomposed corpse they're standing in front of. He allows her that choice.

that scene gave me a deja vu moment: Think back to season 5 Down the drain where they're in the storm drain with the dead guy and Gil implies that Catherine and Warrick will be the ones walking through the miles of storm drain looking for evidence. She asks him "aren't we even going to draw straws?" and he says "no". Methinks he learned his lesson the first time around and encountered the "wrath of Cath" after she had to go through the storm drains.

And it was actually nice to see a caring, concerned Gil who seemed to be there helping Warrick out of trouble at every point - even though he couldn't get Warrick to heed his advice. I think they're finally trying to make him lovable Grissom again, albiet very slowly.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

awwww lovable Grissom!!! I really miss him :)
    Yes I agree that a woman would have been the first choice in this kind of situation. I just meant that Grissom should have been more concerned because of what happened and who it happened to, not so clinical like kaylyne said. But you all said that so I guess we're actually saying the same thing. :cool:

13. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Haha, Erica, your icon is too cute! ^_^ Awww, they even have their matching hats on!

The scene in last night's ep was cute, however brief, I agree. And I like the idea of "the wrath of Cath". That sure showed Gil! And he didn't make that mistake twice.

Can anyone recommend any good GC fics? Since TPTB fail to comply to my need of PureJoy, I'm in need of something good to read.

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Erica! I love your icon :D

Hehe. The wrath of Cath. So true.

It'd be nice to see loveable Grissom back. I miss him muchly - I'll bet Catherine does too.

Sometimes I go back and look at Season 1 Grissom and go "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU????"

Good GC fics? Good question. There haven't been many fics out lately. What do you guys recommend?

15. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

I miss lovable Grissom too. I also really miss his beard.

Haha, wrath of cath? I like it. Hehe, remeber Nesting Dolls? Gilbert was certainly trying to avoid the wrath of cath in that ep.

I need some good gc fics too. Hopefully as soon as finals are over, I can update my own fics.