Game: Brain Freezers

I do not have any more Brain Freezers at the moment, just ordinary riddles. Let's try this one:

How quickly can you find out what is unusual about this paragraph? It looks so ordinary that you would think that nothing was wrong with it at all and, in fact, nothing is. But it is unusual. Why? If you study it and think about it you may find out, but I am not going to assist you in any way. You must do it without coaching. No doubt, if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you. Who knows? Go to work and try your skill. Par is about half an hour.

Mwhahaha...

2 minutes for me. And I've only seen this one once before...

(scroll down if you're really stumped)

The paragraph doesn't contain the most common vowel. The letter "E"

My turn... but its so much more fun to answer other peoples!! :D

*groans*

Alright... here's one. I've thought of two answers to it, but apparently theres only one correct answer.

"A man is trapped in a room. The room has only two possible exits: two doors. Through the first door there is a room constructed from magnifying glass. The blazing hot sun instantly fries anything or anyone that enters. Through the second door there is a fire-breathing dragon. How does the man escape?"

Guesses anyone?? :D

Can he wait until the sun sets? Then he can go out the first door.

Hey, this might qualify as a question for my Appitude test. Wow.

Can he wait until the sun sets? Then he can go out the first door.

Hey, this might qualify as a question for my Appitude test. Wow.

Congratulations Dynamo1, you have successfully answered the question with the answer that they provided. That would make it your turn. :D

And it might qualify as a question for your Aptitude test?? Coooooool. :)

Since there are 365 days in a year, 24 hours in a day, 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute, how many seconds are there total in a light year?

Is the light year the one with 365 days or 366 days? Sorry, I'm learning everything in Chinese at school, I'm a bit confused.

If its 365: 31536000 seconds.
If its 366: 31622400 seconds.

This is great practice. I dunno if I'm right, but its still good because I have a Maths exam on Tuesday.

Since there are 365 days in a year, 24 hours in a day, 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute, how many seconds are there total in a light year?

None.

A light year (much as we'd all like to think that going the speed of light is a measure of time) is a distance whereas all the other referenced numbers in the above question are related to time.

Oh.
Suddenly I'm feeling damn stupid lol. :lol:

Don't feel stupid... I've just got myself prepared by training my brain on useless riddles. :)

Besides, I'm horribly impressed you could think up such a mathy answer on such short notice. :D

(Math isn't my strong suit)

Wouldn't the other answer to the door question be wait until the dragon falls asleep and go through the second door????

Correct, csifreakaholic. Time vs distance.

About the two rooms... Maybe grab a fire extinguisher to put out the dragon's flame.

Back