Forensic Science Trivia Game!

Re: Forensic Science Trivia Game

I'm assuming this is modern DNA analysis- because if it's old DNA analysis (radiographic), 1 week per loci.
I would think the absolute minimum would be 4 hours, but depending on how hard the DNA is to extract, it could take a little longer.

The process is extraction, then amplification (PCR is not really a quantitative method, although there are some semi-quantitative techniques, I'm not sure they'd hold up to reasonable doubt in court), then capillary electrophoresis.
In real life the problem is that the samples go into a queue and wait. The actual analysis does not take that long. The rechecks add time, and the fact that the labs are understaffed greatly slow down the process.

hellooo anyone here? waiting for a new question. hellooo? *echo echo echo*

Someone else can go. I had read in a news article on this site, which was a newspaper article with two real life CSIs, and they said it takes a minimum of 40 man hours. Maybe one of those wonderful, smart, and sometimes beautiful, mods could look for it in the archive, I looked and couldn't find it.

What is the minimum blood alcohol level to be considered drunk in the state of Massachusetts.

:lol: that's funny, because .08 is pretty common for most states and I was going off of what my own state's legal limit is!

I will try to post one later this evening or tomorrow.......

What are the four catagories that motor vehicle accidents can be divided into?

do you mean like
1) Pedestrian
2) Driver
3) Pedestrian control
4) Driver control

someone mentioned that in their speech I think that is what they were.

I am looking more for types of Motor Vehicle Accidents, such as the first most common type is Front Impact Crashes. Does this help? :)

Front Impact Crashes
Rear Impact Crashes
Side Impact Crashes
and..............dunno

Back