"For Gedda" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 10, 2008.

1. Ervserver

Ervserver Victim

The one shot went thru the neck, missed the main artery, I'm guessing the 2nd shot was also not a killing shot, Nick heard the shots and runs outside immediately. I think Warrick will live

2. shacky20

shacky20 Captain

I must agree, although I hate to see Warrick get killed off, yes, I was in shock with my mouth literally hanging open, it wasn't expected, wasn't the usual "framed and let off" or "is he or isn't he?", I think they finally did it and killed one of them off, it was so much more of an attention getter, definitely unexpected, and will leave us coming back for more next year, as always.....

Shacky (and just wanted to say hey to a felllow WIU student, although I went there way back when.....)

3. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

I'm so overwhelmed at this point in time. I don't know what to think. I cried at the end. :( I thought he was safe when he made it to his car but the second the Undersheriff McKeane I knew something more was gonna happen. I wanna say hes alive but I don't know. Also I wanna say how stupid the whole waitress with Nicky was. I agree with 2imagine I think she was mainly used to explain why Nicky did not walk out with him.

4. twins1729

twins1729 Pathologist

*SOBS*

:( This is all so sad!

I mean, I had an weird feeling when that shariff was talking to him, but I thought I was just crazy!

*sobs*

I was crying for a few minutes. I can't believe this happened. :(

5. CCA

CCA Police Officer

God! What the heck in the world was I thinkin! I went and walked my doggy and came back to watch the tail end and saw this! (cries) Umm yeah wow didn't expect this, being the fact I haven't been around in a while and didn't even read the spoilers. I think I screamed a few curse words that woke my mother up who was sleeping on the coach haha

Knowing about Gary and his problems, I can see them just turning it into a homicide, I want to be positive but with his now recent problems this could be a good window out. I hope not and just god wow...:( is it start of the new season yet?

6. iheartplaydoh

iheartplaydoh Victim

i watched the finale almost three hours ago & i'm still SO shocked by that last scene. i kind of expected something to happen to Warrick since the first time we see that he's parked in a dark alley, but nothing like that! i thought it'd be some guy in the back seat or something, but the undersheriff?! o_o

anyways, really good season finale; can't wait to see what happens next season. i'll miss Warrick lots, even if he's dead or not.

7. Oscar_Diggs

Oscar_Diggs Victim

I always thought the undersheriff was a bad buy, but this was beyond the pale! Warrick is a troubled character, but I was blown away by this. :confused:

8. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I took notes as I was watching. I can never remember what I wanted to say, so I thought I'd try it this way. I remained pretty much spoiler free for this ep, so I didn't know what was going to happen.

~Something weird is going on with that coffin. Is there someone alive in there?

~Who's Warrick talking to on the phone? He's not happy :(

~Hodges, it isn't polite to eavesdrop

~Warrick's in trouble :(

~Rick, what did you do?!? Good for calling Gris though.

~Good ole Brass. "Don't say another word" Good advice.

~Nicky looks sad/worried/dissapointed/confused

~Ecklie's right (that's a first!) Get a lawyer!

~Dammit Hodges! (but I still love you)

~Come on people, he's been drugged! It's not amnesia

~No! He didn't do it!

~Easy Rick, let go of him, don't make things worse.

~Yay Cath. Such a good friend.

~Holly? Holy continuity Batman! Haven't heard that name in a long time!

~Warrick, you apartment is kinda creepy.

~Finally! Get a lawyer!

~Why are night crew lab rats processing things? Isn't it supposed to be day crew?

~OMG! Bobby Dawson! :D

~Henry saves the day! (I hope)

~Fun experiment time!

~I knew it! I knew it! Framed!

~I thought they weren't working this case?

~3mm? Seriously?

~Oh, still investigating the PI. Sneaky.

~Warrick, don't make the plea!

~Dirty cop = obvious

~Suspended and demoted? Make him sweat? :rolleyes:

~Aw! Hug!

~Team breakfast/dinner! Hurray!

~Something else is gonna happen!

~Almost hug! Kiss!

~I'm really glad you're okay. Awwwwwww!

~"We're" gonna get him. He's still part of the team. Aww.

At this point, I stopped taking notes. But my reaction was along the lines of OMFG!!!!! I sooooo did not see that coming. I really didn't think they were going to kill him off. Or maybe I just didn't want to let myself think that.

One additional thought on the episode: It's about time he got some quality screentime!

9. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I'm gonna have to re-watch the ep but I will say this much the ending left me speechless. I really hope they did not kill Warrick off. I was hoping they'd leave the door open if it was possible for him to return.

10. rudy

rudy Civilian

did the have to do him like that they why they just not fire him he got shot like 5 or 4 time one in the neck.i knew that he had a gun when he had his hand down warrick shound have seening that.now he dead gil will find his killer.and i hope gil take the law in his hand and LT brass helps him and no one will know.

11. febgrl24

febgrl24 Dead on Arrival

I was totally blown away at the end of the episode! Once Warrick got to his car, I said, "He's gonna die." I just knew that was what would happen......it still surprised me, though. But I thought that dirty cop would be the one to kill him. Boy was I wrong!

Can't say the ending left me speechless.......I was screaming profanities at the tv and tptb. LOL! I was hoping they would have the character leave, alive, so that he could come back later if possible.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  12. GC_Mass_Spec

GC_Mass_Spec Dead on Arrival

I know it's only a show, but I cried. Once I realized what was going on, I actually cried. After 8 years with a character, religiously watching week after week and buying every season on dvd, you become invested! :p

I hope Gary works through things, and I wish him nothing but continued success in his career. Considering the character he played, I have to say that it's my humble opinion there was no other way for him to go. Someone mentioned earlier that him sneaking off into the night would be lame. I agree.

A couple of people have complained about a continuity issue with Rick not being fired after being arrested, when Ecklie told Nick that would be the end of the road way back when. Maybe I missed it, but Rick was never formally arrested. He was being held for 48 hours for questioning. You can be arrested for suspicion of murder, or you can be "detained for questioning". I'm guessing the writer's played the 'detainment' card on account that Rick was a member of LVPD. Of course, I'm no expert (although I have been "detained" before lol), so just take this as a continuation of my humble opinion. Plus, since he's dead, well, it's really a moot point, right?

CSI, you have left me bereft and eagerly awaiting your return in September so we can watch the hunt to bring down that jacka$* Undersheriff. I'm counting the days!

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Wow, I truly wasn't expecting that. To me, the episode ended like they were ending the show all together. The more that I think back to it though, I think that all the mentioning of Holly Gribbs dying in the first episode might have been a little foreshadowing to what was going to happen to Warrick, going back to the first episode where Holly dies, then seeing Warrick's ending ... I'm still crossing my fingers hoping it's not so, but it truly looks unlikely :(

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

^^Very good point, Hard2handle. It was sort of a foreshadowing now that you mention it.

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Seriously. That was just wrong. You could sure see it coming tho with the sappy "look how happy we are all now" build up. I sure didn't want him killed, but man, being let off the hook AGAIN and keeping his job? That wasn't gonna fly either.

As someone else posted, I don't think he'd been arrested yet. He was being detained for 48 hours pending arrest. They've mentioned that with other suspects before when they were still gathering evidence.

Of course they're going to act like it never happened! They will probably come back in the fall with it being 4 months later and barely mention him. Because as Grissom likes to say, "It's over." :rolleyes: