Flack #8 - Flack, Don Flack

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cafc-uk

cafc-uk Civilian

Tattoo?

Hi, I've been lurking for some months now and have finally decided to post a question.

In 'Charge of this post' when Mac is taking photos of Flack before he's bandaged I'm pretty sure there's a tattoo on his arm - not sure what it is though. But I've never seen it again even in 'You only live once' when we got a lovely opening sequence of Flack in his vest.

Was I imagining things??

2. Lampdor

Lampdor Prime Suspect

^^ Hi, welcome to the forum and nope, your eyes are fine you didn't imagine anything. They covered his tattoo in YODO because it showed Eddie's girlfriend's name.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  3. cafc-uk

cafc-uk Civilian

Thanks for that Lampdor. Thought I was going mad - even paused the dvd a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things!

Presumably his girlfriend isn't called Devon then?!

4. Lampdor

Lampdor Prime Suspect

Urgh, can't believe Flack ran around calling Devon his girlfriend for that episode. :rolleyes: Bad writers, bad, for making him say that!

No, his real life girlfriend is not named Devon, that would be ...weird?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  5. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

^^Very weird.
    Elsie, you always post the most beautiful pictures.

6. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Does anyone else think it'd be great if we could see how Danny's grief is affecting his friendship with Flack? (Instead of just Lindsay...he does have friends you know... :rolleyes: )

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

If I remember correctly, "All in the Family" pretty much covered that.

Flack bent the rules, which meant jeopardizing his job, for Danny by helping him find Ollie/Rikki and then letting Danny bring Rikki in to the precinct. He also told Danny "You're my friend, that makes it my business," when Danny told him he should've minded his own business. He then told Danny that he needed to forgive himself for Ruben's death.

Just because Flack was supportive and didn't make everything all about himself doesn't mean we haven't seen any affect on his relationship with Danny. :rolleyes:

8. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

That's true, but what I meant was further along the line... who knows, if Danny's pushed Lindsay away, maybe he's pushed Flack away too. I'd love to see them in a scene together again - maybe out of work :)

9. PerfectAnomaly

I would say that Danny telling Flack to pretend he didn't see him outside the parole office, not answering Flack's phone calls after they split the list when they were looking for Ollie/Rikki, and telling Flack, "You should've minded your own business," after he brought Rikki into the precinct was pushing him away. And, technically, both Danny and Flack were off the clock and out of their work environment in AitF.

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^nvm. You clearly don't get what I'm trying to say so forget it. :rolleyes:

Hmm, but I do hope we get more Flack in the future :D I'd love to see more of his past and background to be brought in.

11. PerfectAnomaly

You're saying you want to see how Danny and Flack's relationship has been affected by Danny's grief and that you want to see it in a scene where they are outside of work. I said we already have seen both of those things. What's not to get?

Oh yeah. That's right, I forgot for a moment. Disagreeing = Not getting what someone is saying.

12. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^You forgot the "further down the line" part. :rolleyes:

I know we've seen that in AitF, what I'm saying is I want to see another scene down the road - Danny's situation has changed slightly, what with Rikki, and I want to see if that's affected any other of his relationships.

13. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

^ I think that Gaelen simply wants the show to explore how Danny's situation regarding Ruben's death and Rikki has changed the way he interacts with other characters too.

14. PerfectAnomaly

I see. Since Rikki wasn't mentioned, she didn't even cross my mind in regards to Flack's relationship with Danny.

I personally don't think Flack's and Danny's relationship will be affected by Danny's relationship with Rikki. Flack has shown himself to be supportive even when he doesn't agree with what Danny is doing, and I can't see Flack changing that because of or getting overly involved in discussing Danny's sex life - even if it is related to his grieving process. I don't think, at this point anyway, Danny's relationship with Rikki has affected his relationship with anyone other than Rikki

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think it's been shown on screen that Flack pretty much supports Danny through thick and thin, even when he doesn't agree with him. The few times we've seen Flack disagree with Danny, it's been for Danny's own good--in "On the Job" when Flack told Danny to sit tight and trust Mac or in "All in the Family" when Flack chased Danny all over town trying to help him. He got mad at Danny because he was worried Danny was going to make a mistake that would hurt himself or his career, but what he said to Danny at the end summed it up: "You're my friend. Makes it my business."

We also got that cute scene between them in 415, when they joked about the Star Wars bar.

I think if Flack found out about Rikki, he'd be concerned, much in the way I think he would have been concerned about Danny letting Lindsay walk all over him in season three. I think Flack is protective of Danny because he knows how vulnerable Danny is. It would be interesting to see them talk about it, but they're guys, and guys don't usually sit around with each other and talk about their relationships. :lol: Danny teasing Flack about Devon was more on par with what one would expect to see, but I don't see Flack teasing Danny about Rikki because of what happened to Ruben. I'm not sure what he'd say, but it would be interesting to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.