Flack #8 - Flack, Don Flack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. I really like the brainstorming for how to introduce Flack, sn. Now if only the writers were reading these and going 'hey, that's a good idea'. That would be helpful. Honestly though, Flack's family, especially his dad, have been mentioned so many times and yet we get nothing. We've seen flashes of Stella's life, Lindsay's life, met Danny's brother, so on and so forth. It's about time we got to see something about Flack's life.

Very interesting. I really like the brainstorming for how to introduce Flack, sn. Now if only the writers were reading these and going 'hey, that's a good idea'. That would be helpful.

lol, can you imagine...reading the credits for that episode, with a special, partial credit to the "fans on Talk CSI for their ability to really hammer home a point" :guffaw:

Maybe they are holding off because they want to cast someone good to play his dad?...It would have to be a really strong actor to play opposite of Eddie. I like the idea of bringing him in on a case. I could see him really ridin Flack on how he does his job just for the sake of winding him up...not that he could really find much fault coz Flack really plays it by the book. Flack needs an adversary though...someone to really grind his gears a bit,...i'd like to see a little more angry Flack...what better way to do it than drum up some tension between him and Daddy...

^^I wish. We would all point, laugh and go "OH MY GOD! That's us!" It would be amazing, but sadly not going to happen.
Yeah, they would have to find someone incredibly strong to play Flack sn. Not just to play opposite such an amazing actor as Eddie Cahill, but to really give the authenticity that this is 'The Guy; Don Flack Senior, NYPD Legend'. That would not be an easy character to portray.

Hi Everyone, I've never really posted here but I've been reading the thread and I just couldn't resist. :p I think it would be very interesting to see Flack's dad. Also kind of cute.. but anyways, I cant even being to think of you they would cast as his dad. Well actually I think I have someone in mind, I just cant remember his name :brickwall: Ill look him up then tell you guys :D

Not to stray away from the talk of Flack's Dad, but can someone shed some light on Flack and his mother? I'm eternally confused about that one; I remember him mentioning her in...Time's Up I think and I remember thinking "Has she died or something?" I can't remember anymore....anyone? :)

Not to stray away from the talk of Flack's Dad, but can someone shed some light on Flack and his mother? I'm eternally confused about that one; I remember him mentioning her in...Time's Up I think and I remember thinking "Has she died or something?" I can't remember anymore....anyone? :)

Once again, we don't have an answer to that question. All Flack said was that if he could go back in time, he would go to Queens for one last taste of his mother's corn beef. Those weren't the exact words, but it was something along that line. It does sound like she has died doesn't it? That would be really sad.

Thanks for the re Lampdor. So I wasn't the only one confused by that line then. At least I think they were trying to make the message subtle. I can't see any other reason for him not being able to go back to Queens for corn beef, unless along the line he's become estranged with his mom - which I can't really see. He sounded like he really missed his mommy. Aww :)

Its possible that he's just estranged, but the way he said it is what added the confusion. He did make it sound like she might have died, or just wasn't really in the picture anymore. But those are good things to look at, and the writers should definately look into giving us more background on Flack.

Maybe his parents retired and moved to Florida, so he can't pop by for food unless he wants to hop on a plane. :p

Maybe his parents retired and moved to Florida, so he can't pop by for food unless he wants to hop on a plane. :p

TPTB haven't given us much about Flack's old man, his Mama or the rest of his family. All we know is that Flack, Sr, is an NYPD legend as previously mentioned by Gavin Moran. As for his Mama, the way Flack mentioned missing his mother's corned beef and cabbage was kind of vague...Ummm, you know there's so much room for interpretation the way that statement went down. Probably he just doesn't have the time to visit, what with work and all (but I doubt his mother would tolerate that excuse from her son) Or there's some kind of estrangement between him and his father. But I like Fay's idea of the parental units moving down to Florida for their retirement...Kinda making it more of an optimistic scenario regarding Flack's family life.

Can you see him calling Mommy every week and hearing her berate him for not giving her grandkids yet and all that? :lol: And she'd ask him if he's eating right and he'd say he's starving and misses her cooking. Then, when she's in town for a visit, she'd fuss over him and cook for him every day and he'd be a big happy boy. :p

Can you see him calling Mommy every week and hearing her berate him for not giving her grandkids yet and all that? :lol: And she'd ask him if he's eating right and he'd say he's starving and misses her cooking. Then, when she's in town for a visit, she'd fuss over him and cook for him every day and he'd be a big happy boy. :p

Hahaha, Fay, that's so hilarious! :guffaw::guffaw: Flack as a Mama's boy? :guffaw: *picks self up from the floor* But seriously, I can hear his mother saying all those things you mentioned. "When are you giving me grandkids to spoil?" :guffaw::guffaw:

Mama Flack sure knows how her boy loves his food ..."Are you eating your veggies and getting enough fiber in your diet, Donnie, huh?" And he rolls his eyes. And him missing her cooking..."I've been starving since your last visit, Ma!" Haha, such a flatterer. :lol:

And her fussing over him during a visit, just a thing a Mom would do. :guffaw:

Last edited:
Flack as a Mama's boy?
How about Flack as a total Grandma's boy? You know she'd spoil him with food. :p I can just see him standing in the precinct with this big grin on his face, eating homemade chocolate chip cookies she made just for him and brought to him to eat at work to keep his strength up. Meanwhile, she's smoothing his tie and telling him what a handsome young man he's become. :lol:

And then Danny would wander by and he'd ask for a cookie and Don would be like 'nuh-uh' around a mouthful of crumbs and Grandma would scold him and tell him to share like a good boy. :p Don would just glare daggers at Danny for taking one of his cookies. :lol:

[/dork]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back