Finale Movie -- SPOILERS

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by blackflag, Jun 24, 2015.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Wow to those promos! Dare I hope? The last writers made me a bit of a cynic, lol, but now I'm back on board, and excited. It looks as if GSR might be saved after all. :)

The live ratings don't mean squat at this point. But I do think it will go out big if you include all means of streaming, and on demand. It's probably gotten some new fans with it being available on Hulu, etc; and it will, no doubt, bring back some older ones that had left.

I haven't watched for a while, but it truly is the end of an era. It will be a little strange not having Nick in it, but I've been missing Warrick for a long time, too.
    Here's hoping this finale will end the series on a high note and GSR will get a final happy ending.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  2. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

They could airing this series finale like Kitty in more than 173 countries but probably there's no time for doing this. And results from DVR's could be really big.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Airdate/time for UK viewers...

Channel 5 Sets UK Premiere Date For ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’ Two-Hour Series Finale

4. Rena

Rena Rookie

I think I'll have to watch it online. So far there is no air date for Germany. CSI:Cyber is currently on air here and will run till November/December, I guess. Maybe we'll get the finale for Christmas :)

5. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

In some countries they'll show it anything within 24 hours to a week after the original air date, but in some cases it's on subscription TV only, thus not accessible to everyone. Yep, it's going to have to be online for us in Europe.

6. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

In Poland AXN show series finale probably in January/February 2016 cause they always starts season at this time. But maybe, because of ending, they will show earlier. In other network I don't even know if Polsat show 9th season of CSI: NY. They show 10th season of Miami in probably autumn 2014 so the fastess network to show is AXN. Don't have the idea when and if they want airing Cyber but I worry for title for this cause they changed titles in Poland, but Cyber on AXN is CSI: Cyber.
    I defininetly will be watching in Monday morning or evening it depends of free time :D

7. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

Yesterday Paul Guilfoyle and Robert David Hall sweetly shaded the fact George Eads was absent, that was quite funny :D
    It was so good to see all of them for the last time at a panel ! I will miss them all :(

bobo likes this.
  8. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

This was my favorite show for years with Grissom, Warrick, Sara, I was in love with Cath, Brass from NJ!... but I am very happy we got a 2 hour finale, wrap up some bows for me.

The SS Single Malt rides one last time.

9. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

yup this will likely happen in Canada as well.

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

CSI Finale Preview: Grissom and Sidle's 'Awkward' Reunion, MIA Nick and More

11. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I doubt it will be timeless

12. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

it already is, if you know what to look for. CSI was the mothership, it single handedly popularized the forensic drama genre, and procedural format. Sure other shows might have done it better at times, but CSI paved the way for it.

monketsharona likes this.
  13. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I think Sookie meant the finale movie will not be "timeless." I agree it's a rather ignominious end to the series. But they did the same with Miami.

As for being a timeless series, perhaps. Don't forget that ABC passed completely, and CBS almost passed. When Bruck and Zuiker went to Nina Tassler, CBS's development plate had already been filled for that year. They only got in the door because Les Moonves knew Touchstone was producing the show at the time (Bruck's film company), and that CBS would not have to pay for the series' costs, just for the air rights. Nina liked the show because it reminded her of the first excellent crime/laboratory procedural, "Quincy" with Jack Klugman (which ran for 8 seasons in its own right). I recall her line was, I love a good autopsy.

ABC stupidly passed on this show. Bruck was Disney's highest-grossing director at the time. And many inside ABC wanted the show. Among them was a young executive named Lloyd Braun...yes, the same Lloyd Braun that Larry David used as a character in "Seinfeld." But Eisner wasn't big on TV shows for other networks, and was wary that Bruck would go way over budget. Never mind that, if CSI had flopped, i would create a gaping hole in ABC's rival network.

CBS ordered a pilot since they weren't fronting the production cost. Bruck lined up a non-ABC-affiliated production company, Alliance Atlantis, who pre-sold syndication rights in Europe to pay for the show. The pilot was a success.

sharp52092 likes this.
  14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION

CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION is drama about a team of forensic investigators trained to solve criminal cases by scouring the crime scene, collecting irrefutable evidence and finding the missing pieces that solve the mystery. The series made DNA a household term to millions of fans in over 170 countries who learned the importance of blood, saliva and skin as evidence and how those elements help solve crimes. After 15 seasons and more than 300 episodes, the CSI team of D.B. Russell, Sara Sidle, Greg Sanders, Dr. Albert Robbins, David Phillips, David Hodges, Morgan Brody and Henry Andrews welcome back Gil Grissom, Catherine Willows and Jim Brass for their final case, when they investigate a catastrophic event that paralyzes all of Las Vegas. Russell and Sidle will make decisions regarding their crime-fighting careers, and the return of Lady Heather will create controversy one last time between Grissom and Sidle.

The special two-hour series finale airs Sunday, Sept. 27, 2015 (9:00-11:00PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

ORIGINAL AIRDATE: Oct. 6, 2000
    ORIGINATION: Los Angeles
    FORMAT: Drama

SCHEDULED TO APPPEAR:
    William Petersen (Gil Grissom)
    Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows)
    Ted Danson (D.B. Russell)
    Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle)
    Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders)
    Robert David Hall (Dr. Albert Robbins)
    David Berman (David Phillips)
    Wallace Langham (David Hodges)
    Elisabeth Harnois (Morgan Brody)
    Jon Wellner (Henry Andrews)
    Melinda Clarke (Lady Heather)

DIRECTED BY: Louis Milito

FINALE WRITTEN BY: Series Creator and Executive Producer Anthony Zuiker

PRODUCED BY: CBS Television Studios, in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Television

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Jerry Bruckheimer, Carol Mendelsohn, Anthony Zuiker, Jonathan Littman, Louis Milito, Ann Donahue, Cindy Chvatal and William Petersen

Photos are available at www.cbspressexpress.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CSICrimeSceneInvestigation
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/csi_cbs
    Instagram: @CSI.CBS
    CBS Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/CBS

Cast on Twitter:
    Marg Helgenberger @MargHelgen
    Eric Szmanda @ericszmanda
    David Berman @davidberman88
    Wallace Langham @kingoftrace
    Elisabeth Harnois @ElisabethHarnoi