Fashion (or Lack Thereof)

At Bloomingdales, they have handmade jeans for $260 and they are made to look faded and the kness are torn.

needmorecsi said:
At Bloomingdales, they have handmade jeans for $260 and they are made to look faded and the kness are torn.

Man, that's another thing I can't stand, that people pay that much for ripped up "vintage" jeans. You could get the same ones at Salvation Army for $5! :p

^^ Or you can just scrape your knees on the pavement a few times :lol: It works! And it looks quite authentic i might add ;)

I bought a pair of cheap jeans about £10 and then stonewashed and grazed them myself they were original and only cost me £10, after wearing them for a while they were really shabby but i didnt care

Sillie said:
Can someone explain to me why anyone would want to spend over 100 euro's on jeans just because of the brand, while jeans that cost about 50 euro's look just as good? I don't get it. o_O;;

This is going to sound crazy, but to me, it's more about indulgence then the actual brand, it's about pampering yourself...i have a very stressful job, so it's kinda like "i work hard, i deserve to buy myself something extravagant." and then i feel better about going to work afterward...but of course, i dont do that all the time, otherwise i'll be broke

H&M- love that shop, so cheap yet so nice. Unfortunately the nearest one is about 45 miles away.

CSIgrad said:
This is going to sound crazy, but to me, it's more about indulgence then the actual brand, it's about pampering yourself...i have a very stressful job, so it's kinda like "i work hard, i deserve to buy myself something extravagant." and then i feel better about going to work afterward...but of course, i dont do that all the time, otherwise i'll be broke

I'd rather indulge on a spa treatment or silk pajamas than ripped up jeans :p

I am a through and through girly girl. I treat myself to designer clothes every now and again but I'll pretty much shop anywhere if I like what they sell, doesn't matter whether its designer.
I spend alot of time in sweatpants as I spend alot of time in dance classes.
But overall I like jeans and tees in the winter, and skirts and floaty tops in the summer!

Sirea said:
CSIgrad said:

I'd rather indulge on a spa treatment or silk pajamas than ripped up jeans :p

I think i would rather indulge on a spa treatment to. I think it's important that you get to treat yourself now and again and feel good about it. As long as you are happy with yourself does it realy matter what you wear?

I think i would rather indulge on a spa treatment to. I think it's important that you get to treat yourself now and again and feel good about it. As long as you are happy with yourself does it realy matter what you wear?

well, everyone has their thing, my indulgence would probably be going on vacation and shopping

I first set foot in a Payless yesterday and their shoes arent really that bad. True they have fake converse but I guess if I have an obscure skirt or something that I will only wear once and I need a pair of shoes to go with it then they would do.

I actually like Payless shoes too. It's the only place I can find decent shoes for my son. Every once in a while I find something I like enough to wear there too. And they have really cute accessories, like handbags and jewelry.

thats the problem with kids they grow so fast you dont want to buy expensive clothes or shoes for everyday because a month later they have outgrown them lol

Back