Fans Support Fox

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Oct 5, 2007.

1. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I understand that, and that's why I only sent a dollar :rolleyes: I know she doesn't need the money, but this isn't about that. It's about fairness. She's the least paid on the show, and that's not fair. She's been on for as long as everyone else, she plays a big role, and she may not have been known as well as Marg or Billy but even George and Eric make more than she does and I didn't know them until CSI either.

It's about fairness. I'm not saying that if your favorite actor/character were leaving you'd send money. I'm saying you'd be supportive in the same way all of us are, by showing that actor how much they give to the show and are appreciated. That's what it's all about to me.

2. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

But she's the least paid on the show by choice. She was the one who decided not to take the raise. Therefore fairness isn't an issue at all.

And considering Jorja's passions, maybe it would be better to send money (if you have to) to one of the causes she supports?

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm on the side of the coin, that lets people/fans do whatever makes them feel good, or right, regardless of the circumstances.. and on the worlds crisis/sorrow/poverty etc. that's going off on a whole different realm..this is about Jorja!! & I'm also a firm beliver that she's going to stay.. Ausellio is evil and a liar, and according to one source on the spoiler thread, she's staying ;).. I love her and her character, and CSI will, in my opinion bomb, if she goes, but I also want her to be happy and will follow her wherever she goes, career wise!

4. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Mm... you see that's where it's debatable. I know she didn't take the raise when it was offered, but that was because the set hadn't become healthy for her anymore. Now that she's applied for the raise that she is perfectly entitled to, TPTB has been going bonkers over giving it to her. That's where fairness comes in. TPTB has an insane amount of money, and they can't give her the raise she deserves?

You see though, Jorja is the reason I've become more active in these organizations, because she's been such an influence to me (and a lot of people). I became a vegetarian because of her, began supporting PETA and more active in my community because of her. I'm a teenager, and without her I wouldn't have gotten involved in any of those without her.

Without her-- for me-- there is no cause.

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

in the interview she states that CBS offered her an extra year along with George Eads after they were fired and re-hired. The same deal that he took, but she decided herself to take the pay cut and only sign for one more year, instead of two. This we do know...in this case it is really dumb to campaign to CBS...since it was her choice to make less.

Jorja will still exist with or without CSI :p

6. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I understand that :p But what I'm saying is that I would really prefer not having to lose her on the show. I support whichever decision she makes 100%, but I'd prefer not to lose my favorite character and television show, because if she leaves, I leave. The main deal with this campaign, like Alyssa said above, is to show a woman who has often been battered in the media support. Whether it was about her sexuality, her salary or just plain speculation on the media's part, she's had a rough time.

I understand your points of view though guys, and I want you to know I'm not trying to pick on you :p I support everyone's opinions, I'm just stating mine.

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Honestly, Erica and Drumchik - coming from two people who have spent the last year and a half complaining that a certain storyline wasn't what you wanted, and coming from a group that has continually e-mailed and voted in polls opposing that storyline, I kind of doubt your impartiality and your lack of hypocrisy in those comments.

Tacking on "no offense" doesn't actually stop an offensive comment from being so.

Yes, there are deserving charities. Every time you see a movie, you are choosing not to give that money to a charity. Every time you buy a DVD or a video game or some frivolous thing, you are choosing to spend money on something that doesn't really matter, but is for your entertainment.

Explain how this is different. It's certainly much cheaper than any of those things.

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

LOL sarahvma, since you're on my ignore list, someone had to actually quote your post to me. Say whatever you want about Anne and me. I know for a fact that I have never complimented an actor or a character in one place and yet bashed them in another like you did. Talk about hypocrisy. I also know for a fact that I haven't emailed any of TPTB. The only thing that is true in your statement is that I don't like a certain storyline, and I have never hidden the fact from anybody. In fact, I'm sure a lot of people reading the LV forum know that I don't support this particular storyline. Oh and yeah I probably have voted against the storyline a few times. But none of these is related to what I think about this campaign. I said I didn't agree with these people and stated my reasons, and that's all I have to say about it. I won't make any comment in this thread again.

*vanishes from the thread*

9. jtbwriter2006

jtbwriter2006 Victim

That's too funny-the two who judge others on where they send their dollars don't want to be judged? What did Forrest Gump say? It fits.
    As for sending dollars to TPTB...money is all they understand...and for every dollar fans are sending in support of Jorja, I'm sure JF and the rest of the cast have already raised thousands for the charities they support.
    I'm just proud of those who are standing up to be counted-are saying to JF "Thank you, you make a difference on CSI and to us, so if you have a choice, please stay."

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guys, let's please keep it civil in here and not fling around charges of hypocrisy and the like. And we don't need to know who has who on ignore. ;) Let's stay on the topic of the campaign, and remember, you can agree/disagree with it, but please don't sling mud at those who are participating or don't agree with the campaign. Thank you. :)

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

There is a big difference between insulting a character (Catherine, Sofia) and insulting an actress (Marg, Louise). I often say that Marg or Louise seem nice, but that Catherine or Sofia get on my nerves, and people can't seem to tell the two comments apart.

If someone had dealt with the fact that a poster called the whole thing "the stupidest thing she'd ever heard" I wouldn't have said anything, but I feel that that was an over-the-line comment and nobody felt the need to step in officially.

12. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Ok, I'm going to over look the disagreements and such and jump straight to the point of my post :)

Is she actualy leaving? Do we know yet? I have had so many mixed answers, I'd just like to know. Either way I'm happy, she'll do great reguardless.

Jodie
    xxxxx

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

It would seem she is leaving in a few more episodes. Might be after number 6 or 7, but don't quote me on that! :lol:

Well, since she's a grown-up, and well aware of what she wants out of her career, I will simply wish her the best in all her future endeavours. I personally would love to see her do some films in the near future! :)

14. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

Quoted you :lol:
    Anyways, I definatly agree with you. She'll be gone within the next few episodes. You can see the passion from GSR is going away. Like you can tell plus, she mentioned moving to swing.

I'll miss Jorja but I wish her luck :)

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

According to Ausiello, she will leave in Episode 7.