Fans Support Fox

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Oct 5, 2007.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Fans of <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle) have found ways to express their support.

<font color=yellow>Mike Ausiello</font> recently reported that Fox would be leaving CSI: Crime Scene Investigation after a few episodes this season. Fox herself did not confirm or deny the rumour, but fans quickly found ways to show their support, opening sites such as The Jorja Fox Appreciation Campaign and Dollars for Sense.

Measures taken by fans thus far include sending letters and flyers to the CBS studios and signing online petitions. Flyers have been sent from 39 countries. One online petition, Keep Jorja Fox on CSI, has already gotten more than 2100 signatures. The "Keep Jorja on CSI" campaign has raised money to show support for the actress. The campaign sent 100 balloons to executive producer <font color=yellow>Carol Mendelsohn</font> at the CSI offices along with cards that said, "Don't Burst Our Bubble! Keep Jorja Fox on CSI." The campaign has also gotten a plane to do a flyover while trailing a "Keep Jorja Fox on CBS" banner.

Details about Fox's future on the show are still unclear. However, Fox herself has responded to the fan support by sending a letter to The Jorja Fox Appreciation Campaign. In the letter, Fox said that she had been spending long hours filming a very tough episode. "And everyday this week as I arrive somebody knocks on my trailer door and delivers flowers. Beautiful flowers," she wrote. "Thank you all so much. I have the coolest, most wonderful fans ever, seriously, hands down. I'm blown away. And honestly, the pleasure and the privilege is all mine."

To read more, visit The Jorja Fox Appreciation Campaign and Dollars for Sense. You can also read the full letter from Jorja on the Saving Sara LiveJournal community.<center></center>

2. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

...Holy shit. I had no idea those campaigns were that big. I think that's awesome. :) But whether that's going to stop her from leaving, I'm not so sure.

3. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

WOW that is AWESOME!! I am a huge Fan of Jorja fox too and dont want her to go but i seriosly think that is going to be up to her is she stays or not.

4. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Why try to make her stay? If she wants to go let her. She's a great actress, with a promising future ahead. I look forward to seeing her new work.

5. fifty8th

fifty8th Victim

I think it is more at this point to show her what her fans think plus there was a feeling that CBS didn't really want her back so did not make a fair offer.

6. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I've been a part of the campaign, and from my point of view: If she wants to leave, I'm supportive because it's her life and if she feels it's time, I'll miss her on the show, but ok.

If it's TPTB's choice, maybe we can try to affect some sort of change.

Otherwise, I just see it as an outpouring of support for a woman who's often been battered in the media. :) I adore this young actress and I hope she knows how many people appreciate her.

7. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, no offense to anyone who's taking a part of it. There are so many deserving charities out there in need of financial help, instead people are sending their money to an overpaid actress who doesn't want to even be on the show anymore?

"Screw cancer research, screw dying children in Africa, screw the starved, I'm sending my money to Jorja Fox!"

Millionaires: the forgotten minority.

At least the CBS front desk secretary is getting a new wardrobe.

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I don't mean to offend anyone. This is just my opinion as an outsider. To me, it seems the fans taking parts in this campaign are more likely trying to demand CBS to go their way, i.e. let Jorja stay on the show, than supporting what she wants. I even doubt they know exactly what she really wants since she has never made a clear point in those interviews. Neither has she made any statement about the issue. Makes me think the campaign isn't about Jorja but about these fans and what they want, and the claim that it's for Jorja sounds somehow ironic to me because from my point of view, it's for themselves really.

But that's just me, although I do think there are probably a lot of people who have the same thought.

9. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Amen. That's exactly my point of view. And guys, seriously, if Jorja wants to leave, she'll leave and everyone taking part in the campaign knows this. This is just to show support for our favorite actress in CSI. And if any other actor on the show were leaving, I bet you anything there'd be campaigns just like these out to keep them on the show. So think about that before calling them stupid. Maybe you don't like Jorja or Sara, and that's understandable. But if your favorite character/actor were leaving, I bet you'd do the same.

And I don't mean to sound like a bitch, seriously, I'm just tired of people badmouthing not only the campaigns but Jorja as well :lol: I've gotten fed up with it.

This is just me saying this, but I have my personal reasons for participating in these campaigns (but maybe we won't get into that exactly ;)). I support Jorja 100%, because she is an amazing person and has had a huge impact on my life. If she wants to leave, that's up to her. I'm taking part in these campaigns to show her my support.

I also wanted to point out a flaw in Ausiello's interview with Jorja (Ausiello, destroyer of dreams, taker of souls :rolleyes:). The original article was printed up on JFO, so all us Jorja fans read it originally before he took out vital points. This is what I wanted to point out-- when she says the thing about not staying for what they were offering her as a raise, she actually said:

"An extra year for that amount of money? Thank you, it's very flattering, but no thanks."

He left most of that out, so yeah, it made her sound like she was bitching and moaning when she really wasn't. God I swear, Ausiello... :rolleyes:

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Are you sure, Ann? Because I have been hoping for some time that Marg would leave the show. When she leaves, I'll probably cheer and party instead of starting a campaign. :lol:

But nah that's just me and I see where you're coming from. It's just sometimes what people see is different from what you think you're doing and I happen to be one of those people in this case. *shrugs*

11. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

:lol: I know what you mean Erica :p The show's changed a lot since the first few seasons, I'm with you on that one. I'm just not ready to say goodbye to Sara Sidle yet :p But if Jorja wants to leave, I'd support her fully.

Glad that we're on the same page :)

12. Sidle_fan

Sidle_fan Hit and Run

It´s quite amazing what those who are a part of the campaigns are doing. Nice job. Hope that she does stay on the show, cus i don´t think it would be the same without her. After 7 years you know the characters and doesn´t wan´t em to go, cause you would really miss them.

But it´s still up to her wheather she´ll stay or leave. :(

13. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Midnight, I'm with you on the whole charity thing. I don't get why fans are sending money? Maybe someone could explain?

Letters explaining why they want her to stay, I could understand, even if I wouldn't send one my self.

But money? Why?

14. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

No.

And I certainly would never give my money to an overpaid celebrity. Did you know that the average firefighter makes a mere 50k a year or less? These are people who put their lives in danger every day to save human beings. Jorja Fox shows up to a set 2 or 3 times a week and reads lines. No actor deserves this.

Give your dollar to your local homeless shelter, I guarantee you they'll appreciate it more, and put it to better use.

15. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

It's true Midnight, what would they do with all that money anyways? Not to mention the numerous flowers, card, etc that are beingsent everyday. The money usedto delever that could feed people for days. It's quite correct in saying to give the money to a place that deserves it more.