"Fannysmackin" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Haha, I was actually thinking the same thing, but hoenstly I think that when Sophia got to the scene, she went to talk to Greg, and then she radioed the team and found out Sara was coming, and then told Greg something like "Sara's on her way over". But thats just how it played out in my mind.

I think he was being clever, plus, she was touching his hair, he probably figured out that none of the male csi's would probably do that, it was a toss up between Catherine and Sara, where Sofia was already there..he probably heard her voice too..still, that image of him just laying there all alone breaks the heart.

I was wondering...did Greg really know " that Sidle scent " or did he hear Sara talking to Sofia and decided even in his battered condition,to take advantage of the situation and tug on Sara's heart strings? Or is Greg that clever?

The nose knows...even in it's broken and swollen condition. I really do believe that Greg could tell it was Sara by her scent. She may have been wearing a very subtle body spray or light scented cologne. He might even have been able to identify her by the brand of shampoo she uses. I'm basing my opinion on the fact that I'm sometimes conscious of when my boyfriend stands a few feet away from me because of his distinct scent, even when I'm not aware that he's nearby. It's just a mixture of his aftershave lotion (lime) and his real scent.

Whether or not Greg still has a crush on Sara, they work closely together and appear to be fairly good friends. He was in shock and probably in a lot of pain. I seriously doubt that he would use that particular time to tug at her heartstrings. He must have been trying to concentrate on remembering to tell whichever CSI came first about where to find some evidence.

I wasn't implying that Greg isn't clever, but given the conditions.. I mean, I'm pretty sure that Sophia knew that at least one of the CSI's were coming and told him because she had to go keep things under control and not just stay by his side, so I would imagine that she would tell him that someone was on their way. Then yes, given the fact that whoever it was was rubbing his head, he would probably realize that it was Sara..

And of course, he could have smelled her, but his nose looked really bad.. I mean I have personally broken my nose.. and smelling just isn't an easy job. And then you have to imagine that he was probably clogged up with blood, and then you add the excesive swelling.

To me, it just seems most logical, but I totally see all of your points. :)

I still believe that Greg "smelled" her. It is just more fun to think of it that way.

Not to stray off the subject, which I find fascinating and want to continue, but since I'm not permitted to post twice in a row, I'll use this space to report that I found this article about K-Fed at CNN.com, and the only reason I'm posting it is because he talks a bit about CSI:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/26/people.federline.ap/index.html

K-Fed: 'If you want to hate me, cool, hate me'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Kevin Federline, aka K-Fed and Mr. Britney Spears, says he shrugs off his naysayers.

"If you want to hate me, cool, hate me," Federline, 28, says in an interview posted Thursday on People magazine's Web site. "You know why? Because all it's going to do is help me."

Federline, an aspiring rapper, has been aggressively promoting his debut album, "Playing With Fire," set for release October 31. Amid a chorus of boos, he was body-slammed by wrestler John Cena in an October 16 appearance on USA Network's "WWE Monday Night Raw." And don't forget his panned performance at this year's Teen Choice Awards.

"I know who I am," says Federline, who promises the album will show his "edgy side."

Last month, he portrayed an arrogant teen on CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

"I shocked myself," he tells People. "There were parts that I wish I would have done different, but there are parts that really took me, like, 'Wow, did I do that?' I looked at myself and I was like, 'It looked good. It looked perfect."'

Spears, 24, and Federline were married in September 2004. They have two sons, Sean Preston, 1, and a son born September 12, whose name was revealed to be Jayden James. The couple have not confirmed the name.

Federline also has two children from a previous relationship.

"It's just time to get my stuff down while they're young, so I can sit back and watch them grow up," he says.

Ugh - he just makes me want to throw up!

Scent is the most powerful trigger of memories out of all the senses, so maybe that was it, but I didn't think he'd be able to smell that well through what had to be a broken nose..plus Sara has said she doesn't wear any sort of perfume on duty because it messes with her own sense of smell when she needs it.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it was some sort of body lotion or body wash, everyone has their own particular scent even if they don't wear lotion or use body wash..just plain soap and water..or maybe even, and I know this sounds weird, but detergent and fabric softener can have their own scent as well.

And K-fed..really, he was in it for all of how many minutes?? And even then there was so many other things going on, it was easy to overlook him.

I thought maybe the "Sidle Scent" comment was a reference back to the episode where she ended up smelling like death and he said "A real man wouldn't mind". Perhaps he said that to her jokingly to put her at ease about his condition.

Hi, I'm new here and I haven't seen "Fannysmackin'" yet. But taking into account all the discussions and pics, I am thinking he couldn't have joked to her right then, not even to put her at ease. What with the shock and pain and fear of not being able to open his eyes and emotional turmoil, he probably was not up to a joke.
It has been said that when one sense fails us others get powered up. So if a person is suddenly deprived of vision his hearing and sense of smell kind of perk up, trying to substitute for his eyes. Maybe that's what happened.

At first I thought maybe he did smell her perfume or body spray but Sara and Sophia were close by talking when they were walking to them, so I began to think that maybe that's how he knew she was there, but it could be he smelled her as well.

I'm still thinking he heard her, even if he didn't, she was touching his head, he probably doubted the male csi's would do that and with Sofia already there, it had to be either Catherine or Sara..but with a broken nose, I don't think he could smell her..it could have just been, like, you know when you're around someone so much you just kind of know when they are around, and it could be that she had a distinctive scent, the sense of smell is the strongest triggers of memory out of all of the senses.

But she doesn't wear perfume, I'm pretty sure she said that in an episode, I think perfume interfers with them being able to use their sense of smell at crime scenes.

He talked about it in TV Guide. I hate the way these news articles make him out to look like a wimp that was beat up by a woman. She sucker punched him once , I'd hardly call that beaten up.

Greg took a beating, Eric took a punch.

Well anyway I asked the question about Greg knowing Sara's scent but never really answered it myself. Some people's scents are stronger than others and since he couldn't see his sense of smell (with or without a broken nose) would be hightened. So Yeah he knew that Sidle scent . :)

Do you think that when Greg told Grissom he had not told his parents that he was not working in the lab anymore could be a foreshadowing that we may see his parents in an episode one of these days? I'd like to see it, but with the resolution being that he choose to be in the field. I believe that Greg has the potential to be as good of an investigator (or better) than Grissom.

Toots, thank you, because I've said that with those smarts and that empathy that he absolutely has the potential to be as good as, or even better than Grissom (I've thought he's a great combination of Grissom and Nick). He absolutely has the smarts and him returning to the field after what happened, and really, no one would blame him if he didn't want to..but that determination to be out in the field shows so much about that character, I think that he also does it to show the others that he's just as strong as they are, almost like he has to prove it..but anyway, yes, Toots, I totally agree with you on that.

The parents, if they were in any one, I thought they'd be in Post Mortem, but I don't think they are.

I really would have liked to have seen them in Fannysmackin' though.

I agree too, Greg and Grissom are alot alike in alot of ways. I would have loved to see his parents too. Although the way he talked about his mom she might have embarrassed the hell out of him if she showed up...

Mom: "Oh Greggie, my poor baby. Mommy made cookies for you. Choc chip your fave. Come give your mommy a hug. *kiss, kiss* :lol: :lol:

Back