FanFic Challenge

yes, yes, yes, I have to put the finishing touches on my story.

Here is my fic

I hope it's not too late :)

This one is dedicated to luvingmyHoratio for all the wonderful Fan Fic Poetry

The Animal

Mac Taylor crouched over the dead body lying in the alley. The word MEDIATOR scratched into the victim’s chest.

His latex gloved hand gently pulled back the victim’s shirt to expose the wound. Mac squinted in the darkness. The only light came from the street on the other side of the alley. He forced his eyes to adjust to the crime scene and its surroundings.

Two voices carried over the stillness of the balmy New York night.
One he recognized right away; Danny Messer. The second took him slightly longer to recognize but a smile came to Mac’s face when he heard her voice.
Danny’s thick New York accent contrasted against her crisp, clean British one as both voices came closer to where Mac had stood up.

“Mr. Messer, so nice of you to join us. I didn’t mean to interrupt your dessert.” Mac stated with sarcasm.

Danny wiped away the last bits of the chocolate bar he ate on the way to the scene.

“It’s very good.” Peyton Driscoll, the Medical Examiner, added. “Would you like some Mac?” Peyton offered.

“Ha Ha Ha, that’s very funny.” Danny replied looking at Mac then down at the victim.

“What’s this?” Danny asked after picking up a coin he spotted next to the body.
Danny held it up to the weak light eking its way into the alley.

“Let me take a look at it.” Detective Taylor authorized.

“HMM, better ask the Brit.” Mac joked passing the coin to Peyton.

“I haven’t the slighted idea what kind of coin that is.” Peyton responded flatly passing the coin back to Danny.

Danny and Mac stood back as Peyton knelt down next to the body and began to examine the victim’s wounds.

“No sign of trauma, other than scratches on chest….” Peyton began. “No blunt force trauma.” She continued.

“So,” Danny butted in after he and Mac watched Peyton examine the body some more. “You really have no idea where this coin is from.” Danny asked.
“Aren’t you like, the mother country?” He got out hoping to get a rise out of Dr. Driscoll.

“It’s a Canadian Loonie, a One Dollar coin.” Mac gave in.

Peyton stopped her examination and raised her eyebrow towards Mac.

“So, you assume, just because I’m British, I have been to Canada.” Peyton smiled.

“You are assuming you know everything about me, aren’t you Detective Taylor?” Peyton raised her eyebrow again towards Mac with a very big smile.

Her eyes met his green eyes for a moment. They became lost in each other for a few more moments.

They looked at each other and nothing else mattered. Not Danny, not the body or the crime scene, nothing but each other.

“ACHEM”, Danny interrupted, “I hate to disrupt whatever you got going here, but I do believe we have work to do. The evidence on this body isn’t getting any fresher.” Danny commented.

“How about I start by dusting that coin for prints.” Danny started.

He bent down to retrieve the dusting kit from his field kit.

“Damn it!” Danny said agitated. “I knew I shouldn’t have let Lindsay borrow my kit, she took my best brush and powder.” He stated annoyed.

Mac finally looked away from Peyton’s lovely eyes at the sound of Danny’s voice.

“Let me see if I have something.” Mac said to Danny.

Peyton turned slightly pink from looking longingly into Mac’s eyes, said, “I shall resume my examination of the body now.” She cleared her throat.

A scurrying noise came from the other side of the alley. Metal banging on metal began to fill the alley where the CSI’s and the Medical Examiner were working.

“What’s that?” Danny asked reaching his left arm down to his gun holster.

“I’m not sure.” Mac replied as he too, reached for his gun holster.

The noise became louder and louder and the sound of scurrying feet against cement and the sound of a metal trash can being knocked over altered the Detectives as well as Peyton.

“Who’s there?” Danny asked into the darkness.

There was no reply.

“NYPD Detective Mac Taylor, come out where we can see you.” Mac demanded.

The noise stopped.

Mac slid his gun out of the holster and released the safety.

He held his left arm down at his side with his hand gripping his service pistol.

Once more Mac demanded, “WHO IS THERE? COME OUT WHERE WE CAN SEE YOU!”

From the other side of where the three were standing, a shadow crept across the alley.

“Mac,“ Peyton breathed and both Danny and Mac turned towards her voice, “it’s coming from over there.” She pointed.

A small raccoon crept into the alley from the other side of the street.

Peyton jumped at the sight of the small creature running past her feet.

The animal ran past the body, past Danny and Mac, and hurried itself past the humans at almost lightning speed.

All three of them stopped immediately and stood glued in their spots.

Time stood still. Or so it seemed......

Danny was the first one to break the silence.

“Well, I’m glad that’s over.” He added laughing.

“Me too, I didn’t know what kind of creature that was.” Peyton added.

“Let’s see, you have never been to Canada, and you have never seen a raccoon?” Danny ribbed.

Mac smiled and walked over to where she was standing. He put a loving arm around her as still stood glued in her spot.

“I see I have a lot to learn about you.” He whispered in her ear.

Peyton blushed again. “I think you do too.” She said turning towards his face.

“Now, can we please get back to work?” Danny begged jokingly. “I really want to know what is up with this guy. I mean who writes the word MEDIATOR on someone’s chest?

With that, Danny again picked up his kit and walked over to the body again.

Mac and Peyton followed Danny as they all began to process the body.

FIN

Awww...Thankies.

Awesome job, thanks for the dedication, I love the part with the little raccoon.

Great Job hhunter :D

Back