FanFic Challenge

gsrLOVE

Pathologist
So, this idea came up from Chloe (4ENSIX), and quoth_the_raven.

Since we have so many talented fic writers- I'd love for any and ALL of you to enter!

What is a FanFic Challenge?
I will set up the plot, items, etc. that you can use in your fic. You must use what is asked, and you can not use what is asked not to use. I hope that isn't very confusing. Anyone can participate, and they usually will include all three CSI: shows.

If you are confused by what these challenges are, please read this Challenge Fic written by quoth_the_raven.

You MUST title your fanfic!

-----------

Lets Get Started On Our First Fanfiction Challenge!

Fanfic Challenge #1

Your fanfiction MUST include:

-A toothbrush

-A rotten apple

-One of the CSIs must hug another person
(Does not have to be another CSI)

-A Package of Nicorette

-The crime scene must be created around water (Ocean, Lake, Sea, Bathtub filled with water, a flood, etc.)

The fic can be based on any three CSI shows

-----------

So, what are you waiting for? Get started!

-Please make sure your fics are PG, and nothing more. No swearing (Well, keep it mild, please) and no sexual talk.

Any questions? Please PM me- or post in here.

There is no end date yet of when I will make another challenge.

This is all for fun, guys! :D

This is NOT a contest.. There will be no winners or loser, this is just to have fun with your creativity..

Please comment other's fics, it's just like regular fics except they are ONE shots, and with rules :)

Sounds fun I'm game, it there a word limit?

Can we create our own characters in addition to the CSI characters?

EDT: Sorry forgot to ask can it be a cross=over meaning from all 3 shows?

gsrLove are you still having the challenge?

You are probably sick of me PMing you :lol: :rolleyes:

I have a story if you are still taking them :)

Hrockz Sorry I seemed to have missed your question! Terribly sorry.

Yes, if you want it can be a cross over. Anything you want, really- as long as it has what is asked :)

It can have made up characters if you'd like, but try not to steer to far away from CSI.

And there is no word limit. Try not to make it too short :) But really, anything goes into concern about that :)

and hhunter, I can never get sick of you PMing me :lol:

For those wanting to participate- after you've written your fic, just post them in here!! :D

Here is my contribution to the challenge

New Story for Fan Fic Challenge
It’s going to be a Long Night

Catherine stood outside the dark house. The smell of lilacs filled her nose as she took in the pleasant aromas on a particularly warm spring night.
Once she crossed the yellow crime tape and stepped into the dark house, it was a different smell altogether that hit her immediately.
That smell, that unmistakable smell of urine, feces, and GOD know what other biological remains there are in a city sewer.

She ignored the splashing her shoes made as she stepped cautiously through the dark house guided only by her flashlight. She followed the sound of familiar voices.

She spotted CSI Stokes crouched on his knees in the first room, the bathroom. Catherine quickly scanned the surroundings.

“Nicky, my man, let me have it.” Catherine starts. “What’s going on?”

She didn’t wait for Nick to reply when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She recognized the hand right away. She knew someone was standing behind her and she knew exactly who it was. She felt his hand rest on her shoulder as he leaned in to whisper in her ear, “Nice to see you.” Catherine smiled quickly but before she could turn around, Nick’s flashlight caught her face.

“There you are Vartann, can you fill in Catherine?”

I’m going to find Super Dave. Thanks.” Nick said as he stood up and stepped past Catherine and Det. Vartann.

His shoes made a squishing sound as he continued down the hall.

“So, what do we have here?” She asked as she quickly switched gears from reminiscing about her evening together with the Detective to her investigator mode.

“Well, the Detective began,”it seems someone flushed a pack of Nicorette gum down the toilet causing it to overflow.” He consulted his notebook.

“I got that,” She said with a smirk on her face, “Anything else useful?”

“Stokes also found a toothbrush. Not sure if it’s probative but he bagged it for evidence anyway.”

“That’s a start.” Catherine remarked. “I’ll take them back to the lab. Tell me about the victim.”

“His name is Eugene Fremont. He’s 104. He was found outside the house by the neighbor peering over the fence.”

“She said she didn’t get a ‘real good look’ at Mr. Fremont, she has cataracts, but her nephew; Jerome did.”
“The neighbor, Mrs. Hawkins, lives next door with her nephew.

“WAIT; did you say 104 YEARS OLD?” Catherine questioned after she digested the information.

Det. Vartann looked again in his notebook and replied again. “Yes, he was 104.”

“How do we know he didn’t die from natural causes?” Catherine Enquired.

Noises came from the back part of the house.

Warrick’s voice could be heard.

“Cath, Vartann, got anything?” Warrick asked approaching.

“How about you?” Catherine answered back.

“I was doing the perimeter and I found this next to the body.” Warrick held up an evidence bag containing a decaying apple.

“An apple?” Catherine stated arching her brow.

“Yeah, it was found in the back yard next to the victim. But I saw no sign of an apple tree or any other fruit tree. I’ll take them to the lab just in case.”

And, you’ll never guess where the nephew works.”

“Where, where does the nephew work?” questioned Catherine.

“The RED APPLE Market on Sunset.” replied Vartann.

David, the Assistant Coroner, walked up to Catherine and the Detective splashing water from his legs.

“Catherine, I don’t have a TOD for you yet, but I’ll get you that information as soon as I can.”

“David, I’m so happy for you.” Catherine said as she immediately stepped towards him to give him a hug.
“So, when is your wife due?” She asked stepping back.

“The baby is due mid to late December.” His voice chuckled.

“Congratulations.” Detective Vartann added as he extended his hand to David.

“Well,” David continued to chuckle, “it looks like the lab has been pretty busy. Ask Warrick what he has been up to. Must be in the water” David said as he stepped away from Catherine, Warrick and Vartann.

“Warrick, is there something you want to add?” Catherine turned to her co-worker with a smile on her face.

“Let’s just say, David isn’t wrong about that. That’s all I’m going to say for now, as we have work to do. Catherine, I’ll see you back at the lab, and Vartann, I’ll see you around.” Warrick commented as he walked out of the house with a squishing sound.

Nick followed Warrick shortly with his kit in one hand and evidence bags in the other.

“Heh heh heh must be in the water.” Nick laughed when walking past Catherine and Vartann.

Catherine realized that she hasn’t moved since she entered the crime scene. Detective Varatann is still standing next to her.

After scanning the water at their feet, she let out an odd laugh.

“What’s so funny?” He asked looking at her face.

“Let’s hope it’s NOT in the water.” She replied with a smirk.

“What are you thinking?” He asked after looking at the water at their feet.

Catherine sighed and said, “It’s going to be a long night.”

Very nice story!! Excellent use of what's given!! I laughed out loud about the toothbrush part! :lol: I loved it!

Come on guys', I know there are so many talented writers out there- so lets hear your stories! It can be any CSI, not just Vegas, or Miami, Or NY. :)

Also, you are NOT limited to using ALL CSI characters if you don't want to. You can simply use Horatio and Calleigh, or Horatio alone.. Grissom and Warrrick, Warrick alone, etc. etc.

I'd love to be able to start up a new challenge in a few weeks..

Also, let's hear some feedback from other's stories :)

ETA: Had to correct my error; you do NOT have to use ALL characters of any CSI. And you can mix and match the shows, if you wish :)

hahahaha, nice one. Must be in the water. :lol:

I forgot about this challenge, mostly due to a very hectic graduation week, but now that's passed, I can focus on the fic I started for this. :)

New Partners
(Sorry if this sucks.)

The newest male CSI, CSI Joe Molnar was called over the PA system to Horatio’s office. Molnar was working in the lab, finishing cleaning, when he heard the announcement to report to Horatio’s office. Molnar set down the equipment he was cleaning, and walked out into the hallway, towards Horatio’s office. Joe’s mind began to wander around what Horatio might need him for just as he walked through the glass doors into Horatio’s office.

“What’s up H?” J wondered, trying to figure out what was going on. “I called you here, because you have to go out to Crystal Eye Lake, and you have to take the new girl with you, CSI Stephanie Rosengrant with you. She’s quick on her feet, but she needs to go out and work cases.” Joe looked at Horatio with a puzzled look on his face. “H, I’m still new myself, do you think I can handle it?” Joe wondered. Horatio nodded and told him “Joe, I know you can show his girl the ropes. I picked you to be her new partner for a reason.”

J nodded in agreement, and got up to leave Horatio’s office. Just as he walked out into the hallway, Joe noticed that Stephanie was walking down the hallway. “CSI Rosengrant, wait a sec!” Joe yelled as he ran over to her. “Come on, we have a case we need to work at Crystal Eye Lake.” Joe said, catching up to her. “Okay, let me put this away and we can go.” Stephanie said as he walked into the lab, putting the file away, and taking off her white lab coat to reveal a tightly fit black tank top, black pants, and white sandals.

Stephanie caught Joe’s eye from the first day she started working for CSI. Now that the opportunity arose itself for the two to work together, Joe knew he had to take advantage of it. “Now I’m ready, Stephanie said as she came back out of the lab.” Joe’s mouth dropped when he saw Stephanie come out, not in her lab coat.

Joe then took Stephanie out to his car, got in and headed for the lake. Once they got there, they started looking around, trying to find something. It was hard to find anything in the dark. The two looked around, running their flashlights around everywhere.

All of the sudden, a horrible smell came across both of their noses. “Steph, do you smell that?” Joe said, trying to find what smelt. “Yeah, it’s coming from over here.” Stephanie said as she explored closer to the lake, finding a male body washed up on shore. “Joe, over here,” Stephanie yelled, getting closer to the body. Joe ran over, and saw the body, and started checking the body out.

Joe looked around the body, then inspected inside of the mouth, noticing the face of the body was blue. Inside the man’s mouth he noticed something that was partially down his thought. “Stephanie, there’s something lodged in here.” Joe said, reaching in and pulling out the blockage. “It’s a…rotten apple?” Stephanie said, puzzled as to why there was a pierce of rotten apple in this man’s throat. Joe pulled his phone out and called for an ambulance to come and get the body.

Stephanie noticed a bag sitting next to the man’s decaying body. She started going through it. She found some cloths, a pack of Nicorette and a toothbrush. “Should we take this stuff in?” Stephanie wondered. “Yeah Steph, its evidence.” Joe said, putting the rotten apple into an evidence bag.
Not paying attention to what Stephanie was doing, he jumped to his feet when he heard he unleash a blood curdling scream. “What’s up?” Joe asked as he ran over to where Stephanie was. “It’s a….SNAKE!!” Stephanie screamed, hiding behind Joe, terrified. Joe grabbed a big rock and crushed the snake with it. “It’s gone now, don’t worry, it can’t hurt you.” Joe said, trying to comfort his frightened partner. Just as he finished what he was saying, Stephanie wrapped her arms around Joe, nuzzling her face into his chest. “Thank you so much.” Stephanie said, amazed at Joe’s bravery. Little did Joe know, Stephanie noticed him too. Before Joe could get another sentence out, Stephanie leaned in and kissed Joe. She then stopped, smiled at him, and the two separated to finish getting everything at the crime scene together to take to the lab.

That's cute Joe

It's great to read what other write especially when it's different from CSI LV

Back