FAN VIDEO CHALLENGE #2--"Head CSI"

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, Mar 31, 2008.

1. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Re: FAN VIDEO CHALLENGE--"This Is CSI" VOTING OPEN!

Congrats Natty! Looking forward to the next challenge! Great videos everythree. :)

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Re: FAN VIDEO CHALLENGE--"This Is CSI" Winner Announced!

Congrats Natty, and well done to everyone. All the videos were great. :D

I just want to say, I'm sure that if people follow your videos outside of the challenge that they will know your style, but I was disappointed to see the name of the video maker mentioned in one of the comments on YouTube. It's supposed to be an anonymous challenge, hence using maple's account, so that was a little irritating to me.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Really? I didn't look at any of the comments, but that's annoying. I guess if they didn't know it was meant to be anonymous...

Maybe we should edit the video description template to point out that videos are meant to be kept anonymous until the challenge is over...

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I think that was on mine because I had used that song before and I used my usual text but I told the person after that it should have been anonymous ;)

5. Faylinn

Well, to be fair, people probably wouldn't know it was meant to be anonymous if they hadn't read this thread. I think I'll go edit to add something to the video description template. :)

ETA: I changed the template to add a line--let me know if you guys think that's good/bad/whatever. ;) Make sure you use that version of the template when submitting videos for the next challenge once nattybatty55 posts the details. :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Challenge #2:

Theme: "Head CSI"
    Description: The Bosses ;) Create a video showing people Grissom/Horatio/Mac....You can use all characters or just one etc. In five minutes or less show us what you think defines the head of the departments- looks like it'll be a challenge of Bugs, Guns and Sunnies ;)
    Restrictions: None. Use any song you like, any clips or pictures that strike your fancy. The only restrictions are those imposed by the overall rules. *gestures to the opening post*
    Deadline: All entries must be submitted by April 27th, 2008 (midnight GMT)--this gives you two weekends to create and submit something for the challenge. :)

PM allmaple for the password to upload your video. (You must have PM privileges to participate--we don't need someone joining the board just to use this challenge as a way to cause trouble by deleting things in the YouTube account, etc.)

Questions or comments that are not relevant to this specific challenge can be posted in the Fan Video Discussion thread.

7. Faylinn

Ooh, sounds good. I'll update the opening post. :)

8. allmaple

allmaple Judge

im also going to ask for this challenge once you have finished dont make a post here saying 'got my video done!' etc. just since the videos are uploaded in order people may be able to figure out who is who. thanks :)

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

not a single entry. if no one is going to participate there is no reason for us to try and continue this competition. is there a reason why people expressed interest in the first thread but never actually participated?

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Sorry Kat, but I have been studying for exams fro the past few weeks and haven't found anytime ;)

11. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

Likewise. It really sucks that no one besides the first three participants (us + speed_cochrane) are interested... I thought more people would think it would be fun. :(

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I know...if we get no interest soon...Instead of the game being scrapped maybe it should be put on hold for a month or so, that way us three at least can enter- to get the ball rolling?!? Personally, I have put all fanart on hold untill July :(

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

we can definitely revist this idea in a few months time if that suits people better. maybe i can track down the people who said theyd join in the first thread and never came back :lol: until then people can use the other thread that is linked to in the first post to showcase their videos. after people have had a chance to read this and give their opinion we will probably untack it and bring it back up when the time comes

14. allmaple

allmaple Judge

ok, untacking now. should people decide at a later time they are ready to commit to a fan video challenge again you can either pm myself or Fay, or you can post in this thread.

15. allmaple

allmaple Judge

just thought id bring this back up. now that we are into summer i figured people may have more time to join this challenge. anyone able to commit?