Ever Recieved An Autographed Pic From A Celeb?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Catherinesmyidol, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

^ Of course it counts! :D

I have collected quite a few autographs over the years, but these are my favourites....

Edward James Olmos which is attached to this teddy bear (as part of a charity auction for Breast Cancer Research). What very nice handwriting this man has!

Mary McDonnell, who I met at a convention, and who was so lovely! :D

I didn't receive this directly from a celebrity as it was another charity auction:

Signed CSI Miami script from 'Lost Son'. Unfortunately no Rory Cochrane, but it does have DC's, Sofia's, Adam's, Emily's & Khandi's sigs on it. :)

2. shady

shady Hit and Run

I've got quite a few, I used to collect them and have never got rid of them. They range from catherine zeta jones and michael caine to minor tv people on british tv!

3. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Awww Lucy u have bloody amazing autograph collection out there. :D

But dear one u forgot to mention for the receive personal hug from Mary McDonnell. ;) I can imagine that u have the same happy face expression as EJO on ur ava. :D

Btw I`m proud owner of Sooty & Sweep paw prints (my RofS cats) and even this to be OT this for me is equal with autographed pic from a celeb. :devil:

4. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Interesting topic... I've never been much of an autograoh hunter, I felt it was embarrassing to walk up to someone asking for an autograph, not that I have met many celebrities...

When I was little I sent an autograph request to the Backstreet Boys agency/publicist/whatever (don't remember) and I received a signed postcard with a picture of them. It was just a replica though, nothing they signed themselves. I think I was disappointed (I was nine or ten). I never did that again...lol

I met a few actors in RL, non of them widely known celebrities though... I went to a local well known theater with my grandma once where I met sevral of the actors, who signed the programm booklet for me. You'll probably don't know the names though, they're only famous in Germany. (And mostly among the okder generation) I was very proud of having met Ursula Hinrichs though. :)

Apart from that I received autographs from The Dixie Chicks (they were soo cute and nice and talking to the fans after their concert, taking a lot of time signing our tickets and chatting) and Chely Wright (who was very sweet and asked everyone for their names before signing on the tickets or merchandise articles, she sat patiently giving autographs to everyone who stood in line after her concert for probably an hour or so).

5. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Thanks, and yes, I'm still recovering from the hug. :D Most unexpected and I think I did have a big smile like EJO in my avatar, but I was probably blushing a lot!

This one, as it changes regularly, lol....

[​IMG]

Yep, Sooty and Sweep are celebrities around these parts! You are one of very few people who have their pawprints. ;)

Re obtaining autographs from people, I don't think I would approach someone unless it was something pre-arranged, like a convention or a book signing.

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Just recently got Doris Day, Judi Dench, Robbie Coltrane, Peter Falk, Jane Goodall, Michael Palin (from Monty Python), Jeffery Deaver, Alexander McCall Smith, Kathy Reichs :D

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i saw the entire cast of the x-files in person, minus David Duchouvny...i didn't even think to bring something to get autographed! That is one of my biggest regrets in life. I was less than a foot away from Gillian Anderson, oh man.

I have seen Mike Myers, shania twain, and dave foley in person also...

And i got some of the survivors autographs

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I did something really strange about a month ago. I was shopping in one supermarket a month ago and started to wonder why the hell there's so many Nightwish posters here - then I see the sign "Nightwish surprise autograph-gig here at 3:30" which was like in 2 hours.

I was like :eek: I mean, I love them and been fan since '98 but but... Because of their vocalist change, I've refused to buy cd and even I'd get autograph from 'the man' himself, Tuomas Holopainen, I still could go and ask the autographs.

Felt bit silly - probably once in a life time chance and I just go "bleh" grab my food and take the bus home :lol:

9. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

how did you see the cast in person!!! :eek: wow, that must have been so cool :)
    I nearly got to meet Gillian Anderson once. My mother's cousin was directing on Bleak House and he knew I was a massive fan, and I was already to go and meet her on the set and I found out I had an exam that day *so typical of my life*. I did get a lovely signed little letter thing, that I had framed and it's on my wall lol.

I've got loads from British TV actors, (from when I used to watch british TV lol) but none really worth mentioning.

LeAnne
    :cool:

10. saraneth

saraneth Witness

I have autographs from the members of Breaking Benjamin, Lifehouse, 10 years, and Three Days Grace.

And I have Carlos Zambrano.

But sadly no movie stars. :(

11. jennis

jennis Dead on Arrival

when i was younger (in like the 4th or 5th grade) i wrote a letter to Zachary Ty Bryan and got an autographed picture of him...i also got one from a band that was around when i was a kid.

12. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i have a couple:
    - Jorja Fox was my first one, i could not be any happier that she was. i sent her a really nice pic i printed off the computer. she signed that one and sent a promo pic that says "thanx for the note".

- i got a fake one from Jennifer Garner. it's stamped not really signed. that crushed me b/c JG is my idol. i still have it though lol.

- last year i met the band Rooney when they opened up for Kelly Clarkson. i have a nice big poster signed by them :) they were soo cool i love Rooney ;)

- i just met Hayden Panetirre (SP) and Kristen Bell at Big Apple Con last month. i got both to sign the TV Guide cover they were with Ali Larter and KB signed my first season copy of Veronica Mars. KB was such a sweetheart, it was thrill meeting her b/c she's one of my all time fave actresses. i got a pic with her and after we took it i asked her for a big hug and she was soo nice about that. when i handed her my TV Guide cover she looked at it and went "all the bitches" haha. Hayden was bit of a stuck up bitch lol but she was nice when i asked her some questions.

13. nashvilletngrl

nashvilletngrl Victim

I have autographs from David Caruso, Adam Rodriquez, Jimmy (Trent from Walker, Texas Rangers), and autographs from Dierks Bentley, Keith Anderson, Gary Nichols, Rickie Lee Tanner (new country artist who is awesome!), Emerson Drive, and a few other artists.

14. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

I have one from a Harlem Globetrotter from about three years ago. xD

15. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I've got quite a few.

I have Westlife signed pictures, albums. programmes, dvd etc a million times over

A couple signed Boyzone albums.

A fully signed England Football Team Programme from when they played a WC Qually a few years back. With Beckham, Gerrard, Rooney, John Terry, Lampard, Gary Neville, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Owen Hargreaves and many more on that.

I have a couple signed DVDs of Lee Evans and Peter Kay

and my mostest favouritist one that came through the post this week and has resulted in my face resembling a cheshire cat ever since

[​IMG]