Eva/Natalia #4: Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 29, 2011.

?

thread title

Poll closed Apr 10, 2011.
  1. Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I am Woman, Hear me Roar

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Boa Vista - A Beautiful View

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Foreva Boa Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always There For Everyone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. More than what you think she is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's about time, she's waited long enough

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. Let's Go Berserk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Berserk for Boa Vista

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Adamsgirl

Adamsgirl Dead on Arrival

So Eva took over the CBS Twitter page last night and even there she got horrible abuse. Bravo Shane for saying what you did ;-) Eva also confirmed that's the reason why David doesn't tweet and why the other actors barely tweet. It reaffirms why Adam no longer responds to fans because he was such a regular at it.

I have to say kudos to Eva for sticking up for herself. Those comments must sting so I definitely commend her classy and sassy self in how she deals with it!

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ditto!

I didn't particularly like that either, although for me I liked it better having her more in the latter half rather then her disappearing halfway through the episode. It wasn't just her though -- It seemed like Eric didn't show up until later in the episode either, while Ryan kinda disappeared at that point. Calleigh too. Kinda wierd, I thought. But oh well.

Next week -
    CTV promo shows Natalia peeved!! I'm curious to see what happens there & if that Samantha girl is fired (she's in another upcoming episode, so I'm quite confuzzled about the whole thing). And I'm happy to see Natalia's frustration over the serial killer. I'd love to see this case hit her emotionally, & eventually she take a major part in ending his killing sprees.

3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Well but it not like they are going to miss 3 episodes each. Eric has also be rather centric the last few episodes, if Natalia was I wouldn't even be complaining. Not the mention last episode we were initially made to think it was going to be a fair Natalia centric episode but nope, instead it was the worst. The first episode she also disappeared the second half. Clearly the writers are not doing things right at the moment. I am not sure if I read the ratings wrong...only 8.something million? Guess people think again Natalia will not be appearing or maybe dead so they tuned out and made worse by a lackasture episode. Why the need to add this new lab tech? A random new lab tech can have her own drama but not Natalia? Pfff! I would say the show appears disjointed to me, lifeless even.

4. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

The one positive point in the last episode was the white pants! I love love love the white pants! Eva/Natalia is the only one who can pull them off! ;) She looks good in purple too! I can't tell you how close I was to just getting up and walking out of the room. Then I saw her beautiful face come on my screen and I sat my butt right back down! Lol I can't believe that Delko started in the beginning and then went missing! That was a shock to me! I really wish they would just divide up screentime equally. And I wish they had never starte the whole freaking Eric/Calleigh relationship in the first place. If they hadn't there wouldn't be all these controversies! So aggravating! People just don't understand! All they think about is that character and their lover. If your gonna give love to 2 people give it to the rest. That's all I'm asking for! I can't wait to see her go off on the new lab tech! (which we don't need) She looks pissed!! Another great scene for our Nat!!! :) Countdown to Sunday begins!

5. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

We did not get to see her white pants much at all they kept just shooting her upper body and they even kept zooming/bluring her out too, and when someone talks to her, she gets cut out too, like who the hell are they talking to? The wall? Great skills they have. :shifty: Best skill they have is shoving her right to the back.

6. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I brought this over since it pertains to Natalia:

That was an out of character moment especially when it wasn't played out at all. They should have shown more of Natalia's frustration with the case thus she got easily angried like in Sleepless in Miami or in the premiere with Randy. Natalia only became more Natalia at the end point when she just brushed out her earlier 'out of character moment' and worked with a colleague happily, which has always been her. Don't know what they are trying to pull here, to me it was just a weak/lame attempt at trying to flunt this new lab tech around.

I would like to see a mixture of Natalia working not with these violent suspects but also with the victim and their families.

Oh well TPTB isn't getting much right at the moment. Next week Natalia will not be appearing, fyi.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I really didn't think it was that big of a deal. Was it out of character? Maybe, a little (Nat's been angry before, but yes the dialogue could've been better). But showing a couple of co-workers butt heads is perfectly natural & I kinda liked the realism there. Not everyone will get along. Her frustration over the case was natural, too, & I think anyone would've been just as irritated - especially since Natalia initially had Navarro under arrest in episode 4 but they had to let him go.

I didn't see it as TPTB flaunting Samantha at all - I actually found her quite suspicious more than intellegent. If Samantha had so much knowledge in this area - as seen later - then wouldn't she have known she was damaging the DNA the first time around? She was all "ohhh" like "oops, my bad". :wtf: And it just so happened to be evidence they had on Esteban?
    Nope, I don't trust her. She's brought in in a season where O'Shay has his head in the team's business & Navarro's paying people to protect his son. Just fishy, I think.
    Eva said this was the "kick off" of the Natalia/Samantha spats.....I'm anxious to see what comes of it.

8. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I also was suspicious of Samantha when this happened as I remember Samantha saying that she worked and clawed to get off the night shift. (So who did she sell her soul too/make a deal with) I also noticed that she destroyed the evidence that might point back to the Navaros, and then found the evidence that pointed them at the bought and paid for sucker to take the rap and get Esteban of the hook. Also I remember that the teaser was that Natalia would get a tech fired, which did not happen.Possibly because they decided that having her as a second mole and an inside agent would be better. I actually like the idea of Natalia and Samantha going head to head at times.

One may notice that Horatio has his nemesis in Deige, Eric now has his in Esteban, Calleigh in O'Shay, and possibly Natalia in Samantha. It seems like they are giving each main character a nemesis. I wonder who Ryan and Walter will get.

9. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I understand that having some disputes is totally common and realistic - fact and I don't mind seeing Natalia getting frustrated certain times but definitely the part of quitting should not have been there. That was OOC and unnecessary, don't see what purpose it had other than making Natalia look bad because even the lab tech doesn't seem to think she made a serious mistake, the whole her then quitting as if it wasn't much a big deal was also another point.

Then it now comes down to her being suspicious. Only you guys mentioned do I realized something doesn't seem to add up with this lab tech. Losing a DNA is a very crucial factor for them, it is not your normal making a mistake at work, then she happily found new evidence which she could easily tampered with too. But who knows, TPTB can just change and drop anything like like without any explanation, they are the best at doing such thing.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree with you completely. I didn't think it was that big of a deal... although I found the "you should do everyone a favor and quit" bit to be a little over the top, writing wise. And yes, I have my suspicions about Samantha. The timing of her appearance, the fact that she conveniently "accidentally" destroyed the possible only link to Esteban and the murdered girl that would stand up in court and the fact that she conveniently found the evidence that led to someone other than Esteban, that's all a little fishy. And her "I'm quitting" was unconvincing IMO. It's like she knew Walter would talk her out of quitting. I do think she could be an O'Shay plant. Maybe he anticipated that Walter would be in too good with Horatio and wouldn't turn on him, so he put another person there as a backup.

Oooh, good point. I forgot about her saying that. It's also possible that O'Shay has something on her or someone close to her and threatened to expose it if she didn't do as he'd asked. She may not be all bad on her own and just be stuck in a bad situation because O'Shay is holding something over her head, but something about the situation doesn't sit right with me.

11. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

Just wanted to post that I was happy to see my post from the episode forum brought over here :) --

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think she wanted to pit Walter against Natalia.

I'll bring up what was also mentioned in the episode thread about Natalia possibly being onto her. I think towards the end of the second scene she was at least suspicious - maybe not completely sure, but she had an interesting expression, like she was thinking she'd deal with her later.
    Plus Natalia didn't apologize, & she would have - IMO - had she believed Samantha was "good" & didn't deserve the scolding.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, that's good. I didn't think of that. Like maybe she's trying to "divide and conquer" for lack of a better phrase? Or just get Walter on O'Shay's side since he's the newest member of Horatio's team and therefore the easiest to sway?

The only thing that's stumping me is this spoiler about a future episode where
    Samantha supposedly saves Eric's life. I can't figure out why she'd do that if she's working with O'Shay/Navarros. Is that part of her strategy to get them to trust her and possibly open up to her about Horatio? If that's the case, I hope they don't fall for it.

I didn't notice the expression, probably because I was looking at the computer screen typing my thoughts at the time LOL. That's a good observation though. If Natalia was suspicious, she would probably be as subtle as possible until she knew for sure. I do agree about the apology thing though. I was wondering why the writers didn't have her say she was sorry for being so harsh, but if Samantha is a mole, then this would be a good reason that they didn't have her apologize.

14. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Can't see why would they pit Walter against Natalia, his main objective here should be helping the Navarros. We've been through the whole team divide a million times. I just find it funny, not that I paid much attention, why Walter seems to know O'Shay so well, even had a photo on his phone.

And please, I hope it is a mistake in the writing that Samantha is only a lab tech and NOT a CSI, I don't need to see another lab tech going out field out of the blue, it went horribly last season with the other lab tech. :rolleyes:

The ending scene, Samantha did not even looked as if she did something wrong, the whole idea of enforcing "I won't tell anyone you (Nat) missed it" just raises more questions about this Samantha. Who knows maybe she will use thos to turn on Natalia.

I don't want to speculate too much already disappointed with this season no reason to speculate only to be disappointed again.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Good point, Michya on Samantha saying she wouldn't tell anyone Nat missed the evidence. I just thought she was trying to get on Nat's good side so she could get in good with the team and get info. But, there could be more to it.