Eva/Natalia #3: More of the Beautiful Compassionate Bionic Woman!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hmmm...the pics are all over the place, are you seaching images only?
    Try googling 'Eva LaRue CBS 2010 press tour' -- sites with the pictures will pop up all over. Let me know if you have no luck, I'll find them & send you some links.

NCIS? If any other show took our Eva I'd want it to be Criminal Minds. Her and Derek Morgan....oh my. :drool: :eek:

2. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I can't find them but its ok, I got others.

Eva on Criminal Minds would be a dream of mine! Putting her with Derek would be a surplus. Surely better than Miami. I hardly watch any TV anymore so I don't know what kind of other shows I would want to see her on. Saying this, Natalia the character is still my fave! :p

3. yen35

yen35 Witness

I wish Eva all the best (I just read that she got married). She's very pretty and I like the character Natalia very much. 'Internal affairs' is one of my top 10 episodes from all 8 seasons of CSIM.
    Did she miss some episodes in season 9 because she was guest starring in another show? If so whats the name of that? And is 'cries in the dark' a movie with her?
    I hope that in season 9 Natalia finds a love interest. Not in this thread but in another thread, I read someone saying there was a lot of Chemistry between her and that professor in the last episode of S8. I agree! Maybe he can come a few times as a guest star.
    That story about trauma causing damage to Natalia's ear (one of the episodes in season 8), did it imply that it was because her husband was abusive? It wasn't very clear. I mean, maybe she had a fall or something.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Welcome to the Eva/Natalia thread, Yen35.
    'Cries in the Dark' was a made-for Lifetime movie starring Eva. I believe Michya posted sometime back that it's now on youtube.

I can agree with this. Although I don't think it would be easy to get Esai Morales back to play the part recurring, so it's probably a no-go. :(
    It'd still be nice to see her get a love interest though -- I just think it's the right time for her to finally break the wall down & take that next step. We can assume by a few scenes from last season that she doesn't love Nick anymore, so ....it's time, if you ask me.

According to the comment she made to Anna in 'LA' -- indeed it was caused by Nick.

Hopefully this part of the "hearing loss storyline" is not overwith....it would seem like such a waste to just have her briefly reflect on her past/Nick, wear a hearing aid, and......see, it just ends there. :wtf: We need more to it than that!

5. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I really, really hope they can actually put more into the storyline. I believed there was more to it but because of the changes during S8, hers got shoved aside. They don't just put her in a blast, had her go for the check up, realising it had something to do with her past and then nothing. Her storyline merely touched the surface. Where is an episode that is hers centric? I want it.

6. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

I was just wanting to let everyone know that on Eva's official website, she has a lot of new albums of pictures from her wedding and honeymoon. The one of her honeymoon I was wondering if someone could possibly get HQ pictures of it. I really wanna read it but I can't cause it's to small. So if someone can thanks!!! :)

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Thanks for the heads up, BD. :) I can't get the pictures either, they're not snaggable from her site, but if I pick up the magazine I'll scan it & post here.

For anyone else who hasn't seen the honeymoon photos, here they are from Eva's gallery:

http://www.evalarue.com/Gallery/Pages/2010-0719_LIFEandSTYLEmag.html#0

http://www.evalarue.com/Gallery/Pages/2010-0719_LIFEandSTYLEmag.html#1

~~~~~

I was going to bring this up in the Episode Wishlist thread but decided to bring it here instead -- does anyone else want to see Natalia learn sign language?
    I don't need to actually see her learning it, but I'd love to see an episode where the team has to question someone (witness, victim, whichever, a child would be perfect) & they discover that he/she is deaf & Natalia is the only one who can communicate with them.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Aww, I love her smile -- I agree, she's definitely gorgeous.

Okay, that's just hot :lol: I mean, officially I love Derek/Garcia UST, but Natalia/Morgan is definitely a good crossover-pairing.

Agreed, there is a lot more that could be explored with that hearing-loss story. She used to have an episode that was her-centric at least once a season ('Internal Affairs' in S5, 'Miami Confidential' in S6), and then it's like she got screwed out of it in S7 and 8. Boo. She's my second-favourite character on this show, so this upsets me :(

I like the sign-language idea, because it's something that could easily come up in a case -- and just like Grissom kept training himself in sign-language because of his own hearing loss (even though his hearing was eventually fine), I can easily see Natalia deciding that same thing would be beneficial to her. It's frustrating because CSI (all of them, really) don't often do personal-injury stories that well, or believably, but in bringing her abusive past with Nick into this, IMO the show owes it to her to go as in-depth as possible.

10. yen35

yen35 Witness

Ooh, lovely pics! She looks great! I wanna go to Morocco and ride on a mule (or donkey or whatever that animal in 1 of the pics is).

I also like the idea of this deaf witness or victim or whatever and that Natalia is the only one who can communicate with them.

I saw in the CSI news site that CBS has put a video of the primetime shows of 2010 and Eva has been interviewed as well but when I tried to watch it, it annoyingly said 'this video is not accessible in your geographical region'. What did she say in it?

Season 8 is now airing in Sri Lanka and of course I am rewatching it. Why did she not come in so many episodes? Was she making a movie or doing another tv show?

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

There wasn't much. She just says she's excited for the move to Sundays. TPTB must be grilling her to pimp out the new timeslot any chance she can get. :rolleyes:

Oh I'd forgotten that Gil did the same. I don't recall ever seeing him use sign language though....or did he?
    I could easily see Natalia taking an interest in it regardless of whether or not she had to use it someday. Just seems like the kind of thing she'd do.
    But on the flip side, Natalia is also very stubborn at times... so while I could see her wanting to help people in her condition (or those worse off than she), I could also see her unwilling to acknowledge that she might need to use sign language down the road -- it's hard to say how she's really handling all this, & in what shape she's in (medically). TPTB really need to delve into this much deeper!!!

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yeah. That was my first thought when I saw her brief moment, too. :rolleyes: She's such an amazing representative for this show and always has been. She does everything she can to positively represent the show and she does it with complete style, grace and class.

That's why I've always been so over-the-top pissed about them shafting her with a storyline and screen time.

He did. I don't remember the name of the episode, but the suspect was hearing impaired and Sara and Warrick (I think) went to the home where he lived (I think it was a group home for the hearing impaired) and really torked off the lady in charge because Sara addressed the interpreter with her questions rather than looking at the hearing impaired individual.

When Grissom heard that they had been kicked out, he was POed and whated to know what they did to upset the lady in charge. He marched them right back to the home and apologized and demonstrated the proper ettiquet by speaking directly to the hearing impaired individual ... but he used sign language and didn't need the interpreter.

At least that's how I remember it. It's been a long time since I saw that episode. :)

I have mixed feelings about the writers developing the hearing impairment storyline more fully.

The current writers on this show truly suck! They wouldn't know how to write a decent, dramatic storyline if the idea jumped up and bit 'em in the ass. And even if the best idea in the world was presented to them on a silver platter ... they'd find a way to destroy it. They are bad soap opera writers ... and that is the kindest thing I can say about them. :scream:

They last thing I want for Natalia is for these writers to develop a storyline for her that results in the character's destruction the way they have destroyed two other characters on this show.

She deserves so much better than that! Then again, Eva is an amazing actress. I'm sure she'd find a way to overcome the substandard material and make it watchable. Much the same way Jon Togo does. ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  13. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Good to know that Natalia connects with a blind witness. I wonder how it will be like, I can't think of any scenario. Good to see her in the preview pics too.

MORE NATALIA! I want this to be Natalia's season!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2010
  14. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

All the news about Natalia's character this upcoming season have made me VERY HAPPY!!!!:guffaw:

I hope she gets a fair amount of screentime.

15. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

I agree! I'm actually excited for the season to start! She looked beautiful as always. Looks like we're gonna have a good amount of her in that first episode! I'm so happy! Go Natalia! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.