Eva/Natalia #3: More of the Beautiful Compassionate Bionic Woman!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Sorry. :lol: Here's the quote from the interview.

Anyone else have the feeling this was TPTB's doing & not a request from the actors?
    It's my feeling anyway -- so I'm hoping in Eva's case this was something that TPTB were just trying out and they've seen it didn't work. My fingers are crossed anyway.

2. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I've never believed it was any of the respective actors' decisions right from the start, same for her and frankly I am tried of hearing the same excuse given.

While I don't dare to think what will happen next season, I hope TPTB sees that her character has truly been missed and change next season onwards. People do realise she has been missing way too much and that she is a great character with so much potential. Season 7 was bad enough, this season was the worst. I sincerely hope the only way is up now. I am amaze Eva can still stay positive. Definitely not me, sorry. It has been a torture not seeing her in episodes, waiting for months to even get a rare glimpse.

The only thing I can't see that she will be killed off is that this would be such a pathetic, horrible (and whatever word you can think of) way to send off a major character. But looking how they just sent off Rebecca, Rick and Sully too? :rolleyes:

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Interesting. It begs the question - was it the contract of the actors who didn't appear that caused the problem? Or was it someone elses contracted that caused the issue. Did other contracts require specific amounts of screentime that eliminated any the time necessary to include those who were absent?

For CSI Miami and Eva, I have to wonder if it was a specific someone's contract that caused a reduction in Eva's appearances.

4. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Someone posted the full TV Guide article in the Spoiler Pics thread. Gosh, I wished I hadn't read that. It looks really bad, Eva said 'one person is not coming back' and then TV Guide claims 'a team member is dead'. Even though I think of how Natalia can't be killed off, I really don't know anymore....now I am sad again. Why do they move some in and then some had to go....argh! Some of the comments just made me :rolleyes:!

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm not really sure how to take this article myself. I imagine that "one person" will have to come back at least for the premiere(to die or leave) so it doesn't make alot of sense to me.....though she could have meant come back for the whole season.

I'm not reading too much into it at the moment. It's very possible it's all hype, or that a person's (the "one person") contract is being sorted out so it's in limbo; maybe they don't want the focus on that one person the way last season was with Eric and AR's situation -- I mean, we just don't know. I tend to doubt that the actors are clueless about thier fate though (unless they have contract negotiating going on).

I had a thought about Natalia and her "fall" though -- with her already having a damaged cochlear (which we know was caused from hard slaps to the head), if she were to fall & hit the side of her head on the ground it could further damage her condition.....possibly causing her to lose all use of her hearing. Just a thought.

6. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

I hope they don't kill her off. That will just push me away from this show. I'm hoping that it's someone, and I hate to say this cause I like them, but like Maxine or someone. Someone that's not really apart of the team anymore but is still there. Then I think, well, Eva is getting married so maybe it is her and she wants to spend time with her family. Then there's she's getting married but has plenty of time to do everything before they start filming again. I don't know, I just really hope and pray it's not her. I wish we had more information on this episode. I hate waiting till the last minute to see everything. :scream:

7. alexa

alexa Witness

i dont think Eva wants to leaves because:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WziuQB4ESI

she seems to be such a funny/sarcastic person lool i love her!

edit: i'm sorry but i dont know how to put this in the spoiler box :(

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  8. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

^To put in a spoiler box, there is a smiley icon (right-most) above the box where you type your reply.

Eva hopes to stay, never once did I hear her says she wants to leave. She is dedicated to the show. However not all the time it depends on contract negotiations, sometimes if TPTB feels that a character has past its usefulness, the character needs to go. I find it hard to see Natalia belonging to this category. Several other characters have been mentioned to have something going on in Season 9 not Natalia, that's why I am worried. Also if everyone is back, most probably we have to deal with Natalia going MIA again. Very sad too. The new interview doesn't really add or lessen my stance. I hope this is really just hyped up. I also think too much focus is being put on the cliff hanger instead of the episode itself.

PS. I had the same thought of her falling maybe she hit her head against a table or something.

One question, back in S6 when she dislocated her shoulder using the shotgun - Was in mentioned she can't shot a shotgun because of an old injury, the broken arm caused by Nick and that was why she dislocated it too?

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

No, Nick nor the previous broken arm was ever brought up at that time.
    Though, I admit when I first read spoilers that she would have difficulty shooting I was quick to assume it was related to the old injury. Would've made sense to me, but oh well. Unfortunatly they gave the lame excuse that she didn't know how to fire the shotgun & that's why her shoulder went out.

As far as Eva leaving/staying -- my impression is that she's willing & ready to continue the role of Natalia. How TPTB feel is another story, but I don't see them canning anyone who's been long term such as Eva.
    I wasn't too thrilled either that they had no words about her for season 9, but she isn't the only one not mentioned so it didn't get under my skin. Right now these are more or less just "thoughts" from tptb as to what they'd like to do in the new season -- there's almost always some changes by premiere. We'll just have to see how it all pans out, but surprisingly I'm not really that worried about Natalia's fate - I don't think she's going anywhere.

10. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I would make more sense if it was due to the old injury. Oh well, after all TPTB tend not to get these things right. I still find it hard to believe her cochlear damage was from Nick, from a medical POV. I would love to see more people giving credit to Natalia and not always her being shown as she can't do this or that (ie. is a bad shot, etc).

11. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Did everyone get a chance to check out the ET Online article/video that was posted in the spoiler thread?

I'm glad they're on hiatus; Eva appears slightly delirious here and could probably use a rest. :guffaw:

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

She is just adorable! She's so incredibly beautiful. It's good to see her laugh so hard! :guffaw:

13. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

^Eva is so cute in that video but it must have been a long day. I don't know what is she talking about. :guffaw:

Onto the show:

After years, finally we have Natalia actually being part of the finale! She is awesome and of course I especially loved, loved the part where she rescued the Professor and where Horatio told her she saved a life. Terrific. :thumbsup: Natalia showed the exact right amount of emotions there and stayed professional at the same time.

Did TPTB heard us or was there some chemistry between Natalia & the Professor, that was why he survived? And which I am pleasantly surprised. Natalia seems slightly interested in him. Great to see her smile too. A chance of a love interest for our Natalia and for her to be happy? If there is anyone who deserve one, it is her. The curse didn't totally worked against Natalia, well almost.

When she fell, I believed she did hit her head on the side, though it is probably insignificant to her hearing issues.

Okay, so now I have slightly more hope of her returning but I will still continue to pray & hope that she will return because anything can happen - anything. Only if she is back, I won't totally cut off ties with this show.

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

The highlight of the episode was the Nat & Professor scene for me. I say bring it on -- I'm not ashamed to say I went strait to the smutty pool once he walked in all sweaty from his work-out. :p
    Man has quite the body on him. :drool:

The description for his character said he was supposed to die gruesomely -- of course this was before they had Esai Morales for the part, so I really hope they axed that for the sole purpose of having him return next season. He'd be a great recurring character.

It was nice to see Natalia semi-interested. And from the moment he walked in & noted that the drinks weren't from a date, I knew he had the hots for our girl. Then the way he looked at her & repeated her name.....yep. Professor is definitly interested. Who can blame him?! :lol:

As for her falling, well I didn't see anything significant enough to indicate she'll suffer ...not even the slightest. As anyone can see from that dreadful fade-to-black scene, the focus was not on the CSI's falling. It was once again on Calleigh. Joy. :rolleyes:

15. alexa

alexa Witness

:drool::bolian::thumbsup: indeed :bolian::thumbsup::drool:

I was like: God bless this woman who can be in the same house (alone) with a man like that just in her side on the shower.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

GOD bless her...cause she is a saint, dude! but work is work:(.... i guess ^.^

I was so happy with they "flirt" awkward moment:lol::lol::lol:.

i'm probably going to stop watch csi miami. but i will always come back to this thread to see how they're writing my Natalia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.