Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I didn't find the episode boring at all either. I felt it moved at a decent pace and since there was so much Greg in it, it kept my interest the whole time.

I did enjoy getting to see the range of emotions from Eric. We rarely get to see that. And that smile of his...:drool:

2. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Yep, his smile is very :drool:. Makes him even more gorgeous, if possible! He tapped that girl on the shoulder thinking it was 'Ellen' (when he first arrived in the club), and she looked at him like 'excuse you', I was like, if he taps me on the shoulder, I'd say "I may not be who you're looking for, but I can sure try." :lol:

3. Dizzney

Yeah she gave him such a dirty look. I loved his reaction though and how he said "sorry". I don't know why but it cracked me up. :lol:

Can you all believe that his screen time was like around 36 minutes or so? The show is only 44 minutes total. Wow, we will never see that again so I am savoring it as much as I can.

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Yeah, and about half the scenes that didn't have him generally were about him.

Since I got what I asked for way back when with a Greg devoted episode, I'll keep the promise I made then and not bring up the topic of screen time in general discussions any more. That means I'm going to have to rely on you all to do my advocating for more Greg-time for me. :lol:

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I went to CBS.com and used the feedback feature to tell them how much I enjoyed the episode. Also how mush I loved having an episode featuring Greg. Maybe if more do so they will get the message that more fans want to see him more.

6. Dizzney

Oh believe me, if they go back suddenly to him having only 5 minutes or less an episode, the ranting will start again. :lol: I mean I'm thrilled he got an episode but that also does not mean the rest of the season he can be put in the background again. Most of this season he's had pretty decent screen time with the exception of about 3 episodes. If it keeps up that way I'll be happy. :D

But this was by far his biggest episode, even in Post Mortem he was not on more than 20 minutes total. Only 11 years and we got our wish. :guffaw:

Good idea, Wojo! Not sure they read it but can't hurt to comment on it.

7. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

It might be possible with the information that Marg is leaving at the end of this season, and Jorja only in a limited number of episodes, that having this Greg-centric episode was a chance for tptb to see Eric as possibly carrying more of the 'load' the remainder of this season and into the next. Just a thought....

8. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Well, us in the Miami forum have a certain day each week we all write our feedback, and prior to doing so, we decide what out topic (whether it be praise or complains, lol) for the week will be. It was efficient last season, getting our guy back in character after s8 was off to a HORRIBLE start for him. I think they do read their feedback...

As for his screentime, WOW. That's awesome. I hope we start to see more and more of him on a weekly basis. He really makes the show, in my opinion and when (if?) Marg leaves, I hope they use the opportunity to let the core characters shine, as opposed to bringing in newbies and allowing them to overshine the characters we love......

That being said, I've been watching this show since the beginning, and Thursday's episode made me smile unlike none other. I'm with you guys in saying "finally" !!! :D

9. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Yes please, stop bringing new characters and let Greg shine! :D The episode is a first in Greg history. So i hope we don't need to wait another 11 years for Greg to shine like that again :p Anyway i am not gonna complain now, i love the episode since yesterday!

10. Dizzney

I'm totally with the not bringing in any new characters to overshadow the existing ones. They already did that with Ray. At least in recent episodes his role has been diminished some, which makes me happier. He is still the low man on the CSI totem pole and they need to remember that.

Although I didn't dig him telling Greg and Dave to finish up the scene and he would ride with the burnt guy in the ambulance. I think Greg should have been the one telling him to go in the ambulance with the guy and he would stay back at the scene. It felt like Ray was giving orders again.

11. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I thought exactly the same thing as he was the more senior member on the scene, and it only bothered me more after hearing back at the lab that Greg was the lead on the case. Of course, I was never sure if that was true, or if it was only said to make Greg more appealing to the pretty visitor! :)

12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I actually let that slide. At first I was a bit miffed, but then I figured that since Ray is a doctor and all, why not let him do the bossing around for that one moment. Really though, I was trying desperately not to let any one ruin this ep. :lol:

13. Dizzney

Only the naysayers can ruin this episode for me. Otherwise I was thrilled with it. I've already watched it a few times. (Love my DVR!)

I just feel so bad for Greg at the end. He looked so tired and sad. :(

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I agree with PC, I didn't mind Ray going with the victim because he is/was a doctor. I haven't watched the ep again but I do plan to,We recorded it and my husband will put it on disc for me.

15. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I'm okay letting the "order" slide, but I did find it kind of silly to say "you guys" when David's job there was done - leaving only Greg to process the scene.

Since Greg was the first/only CSI at the scene, maybe that makes him lead? If not, then Nick would be, as the senior CSI working on the case.

Greg has come SO far since his goofy lab-rat days. I find it hard to process sometimes (I only started watching CSI less than a year ago, so I haven't had years to gradually get used to it). This episode really showed that, with all the emotions he went through (yes, I just finished looking at the picture thread :p).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.