Eric & Calleigh Thread #30: "Do it for us"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by adorelo, Jul 4, 2008.

?

New name?

1. My destiny in your hands...

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. A Ho No Mo' so let's get nekkid

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Between us

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Because I feel for you

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. Do it for us

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Even nuns want to see some action!

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Without you I wouldn't know what to do

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I guess we should count ourselves lucky they are doing this. Miami hasn't always been good about continuity.
    :cool:

All of these spoiler boxes are driving me insane....:brickwall:

On a completely separate note: Why don't we (or do we) have a thread for the "Hiphugger's Soundtrack"? I was just reading through the different shipper threads, and I noticed most of them have a different thread for their ship's songs.
    What do y'all think?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  2. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Unless it's me. :p But then again, I'm crazy. :lol:

Or ever. :lol:

I'm not looking for immediate EC progress once he's out of the picture. There may be something gentle, like Eric letting Calleigh know he's there for her (like always, aw). But I think one of the biggest things these two have going for them, other than trust, is the respect they have for each other. Eric, though he can be pushy when he knows it's in Calleigh's best interest (e.g., the end of All In), but he respects her need for time and space. He knows who she is, he knows what she needs, and he respects that. I think he'd be apt to back off a little bit after the Jake thing is done and over with, just to give Calleigh time to deal with that herself. I think this time, he's going to wait for her to come to him, which is how I think it should happen anyway.

And Calleigh, after all the upcoming stuff with Jake, she's not going to be immediately ready to jump into bed with Eric, and if she did, she'd probably see it as a mistake the very next morning. Jake was a big part of her life, and since obviously she never truly let him go in the past, she needs to do that now if she's going to move on with Eric. That's the only way it'd be fair to Eric, and Calleigh respects and cares enough for him that she's not going to be with him if she's only half with him. She knows that would hurt him, and that's the last thing she wants to do.

All that said, I'm not sure how much more dancing around the issue from them I can take! :lol:

3. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Hola! I'm new! But I've been lurking forever! I love HipHuggers! :)

I can't STAND Jake! But I hope in season 7 there's some closure with him and Calleigh so we can get to the Eric/Callaeighness! :)

:vulcan: Smiley.

4. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Welcome Hollyyo! I'm glad you joined us.

5. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Welcome Hollyyo.

Does anybody find it interesting (or maybe just unimaginative) that the JC relationship ended the same way Hagen/Calleigh did? In both relationships the guys were horribly unsupportive towards Cal, they disappeared for a while, then came back, only for the audience to know the relationship has been over for months. And in both instances it's Eric who steps up to fill the boyfriend role, being supportive towards Cal both professionally and emotionally. And both guys lied to Calleigh. Man, Calleigh has really crappy taste in men.

6. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Welcome Hollyyo! :D

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

OH YES DEFINATELY!! :lol: With ya on that 100%

This time when things are officially over with Jake, Eric's presence will be more than just a fill in but rather permanent and official. It would be nice if Cal had an epiphany and decided to make this the last time she does something like this and wakes up and realizes it has been Eric all along....Part of me thinks she is really starting to realize that, it is now just them or her taking that next step. So hopefully in some way this closure, and I really hope it is, with Jake will really be the push needed for her take that next step.

WELCOME HOLLYYO!!!!! :D Always nice to see a new E/C shipper join our ranks!

8. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Waves hi to everyone. Welcome Hollyyo.

Just wanted to step in to remind everyone of the shipper thread rules here.

Thanks!

9. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

No joke. it's not her personality to bed hop, and we really do need that closure. As far as dancing around goes, dancing leads to babies (at least according to some Baptists :D)

I don't think this needs a spoiler box...
    You know, I wonder how it would be different if Johnny Whitworth had been available for more episodes. Maybe it wouldn't be different...I don't know. I wouldn't say that Jake and Calleigh ended the same way Hagen and Calleigh did...is it even technically over? Hagen was a huge creeper, and yeah, Jake was cocky and brought out a different and slightly less professional Calleigh (and he did lie to her) but overall, he wasn't a horrible choice. Still, you can kind of see the whole crappy taste in men thing. Maybe it's the whole classic 'daughter of an alcoholic' behavior. She doesn't think she's worthy of a quality man, so she continues to make bad choices (even though she is an incredibly strong individual) in her relationships. Then again, maybe it's as simple as not wanting to lose what she has with Eric. Perhaps it's a conbination of both.

10. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

The thing with Hagen wasn't that bad at the beginning. You know, till he offended her father. And latter, he was just a creep. But, I liked him better then Jake. To me, Jake is really, really antipathetic. I don't find him attractive at all. As far as I'm concerned, Hagen looked far better then Jake. When Cal was with Hagen, there wasn't much of EC developed. They had some moments, but that was all. The writers got her with Jake at the moment we all thought that she is going to hook up with Eric. And then we saw that 'why are you doing this to me' look on Eric's face that broke our harts. What I'm trying to say is that when Cal was with Hagen, relationship with Eric wasn't really an option (at least not any meaningful relationship), but when she was with Jake, it was. They had all those moments together, she even acknowledged her feelings (to some extend) and she got together with Jake. That is a lousy choice, if you ask me. I mean, you have a tall, dark, handsome, nice, loving guy who would give his life for you and is madly in love with you and you have Jake. Hmm... Hard decision.

11. CSI_Kat

I would like to specifically remind you of this rule now.

~ Discussion in each thread should be limited to the ship it pertains to. Brief, on topic mention of other ships is allowed (for example, if you are discussing a double date between two pairings),
    Otherwise, discussion of other ships is OFF TOPIC and should be avoided.

12. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

See, I started watching the show when she was with Hagen, and there's a scene in The Best Defense where I thought there was some ickle of jealousy on Eric's part. But then that was the first scene I ever saw and I was channel surfing and had no shipping inclinations whatsoever. I thought it was weird that Eric was lingering there, too. And then when Hagen shot himself it was Eric who was there as well. He's always seemed to be around, in different capacities. In a way J/C seems like a recycled H/C, but E/C feelings are more defined now.

13. Marionette

Marionette Dead on Arrival

Not posted in ages. Been a... crazy week.

I can never get why ships want to batter others ships. I mean, we're all civilised people. Whatever happened to 'If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.'? It's almost comparable to being racist - on a smaller scale. This is what we believe and if they believe something different, thats fine. They just shouldn't expect us to listen to them going off on one about our beliefs or being deliberately hostile towards them.

Wow... didn't know I was such a speech maker.

x

P.S Jodie, if you read this, I need to speak to you A.S.A.P.

14. CSI_Kat

As I stated above

~ Discussion in each thread should be limited to the ship it pertains to. Brief, on topic mention of other ships is allowed (for example, if you are discussing a double date between two pairings),
    Otherwise, discussion of other ships is OFF TOPIC and should be avoided.

Please refrain for discussing other ships in this thread.

Marionette - Jodie is not around for a bit. If you need to talk to a mod - you can contact me.....my info is in my profile. My email is the same as my IM.

15. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Anyway, in my opinion, Eric and Calleigh have always had a little somethin' somethin' from the beginning. In the early seasons they would have moments every once in a while. In seasons 3 & 4 it kinda looked like they were trying to put her and Ryan together, but figured this was a better fit.

But the writers or whatever finally decided to let HipHuggers bloom. :) Which makes me happy. I giggle whenever they have a "moment."

Hagen was scary. That actor was really good at doing the creepy vibe. I didn't like looking at him when he was doing that death glare at Calleigh.
    I never liked Jake lol but I believe he was thrown in for more drama on the EC front.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.