Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Muahahahahaha I can only laugh at moron Eric cradling Calleigh in his arms screaming like a total fool for help when EVERYONE in the lab is passed out!!!! Thank god he's the one graduated in science!!! My god this makes me want not to graduate :lol:
    And by the way does he have any nerve cells left? I'm asking this because him screaming like a damsel in distress, when he could have picked up the phone he used 1 minute earlier not even looking for a pulse, was just hilarious :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

My god!!!! What a finale :rolleyes::rolleyes::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

2. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

That last scene totally just made my day! BAHAHA I was laughing for like an hour! What a way to end the season. We have all of this drama then a comedy 2 minute scene! BAHAHAHA :guffaw:

I can understand him thinking about Calleigh, running towards her and trying to wake her up (cuz that's natural instinct), but what I CAN'T understand is that you see her lying there and the first thing you do is grab her and begin to rock her like a 40 year old baby?! :wtf: That made no sense. Everyone in the lab is knocked out CALL 9-1-1!!! :rolleyes: This is what he should of done first when WALTER wouldn't wake up, instead of abandoning him on the floor and taking off... If Walter dies I will have a HUGE grudge against Eric. While I can assume that he called 911 offscreen, but it would have been better if we saw him do it on screen instead of making him stand there and seem like he had no idea what he was doing... I mean really, a CSI is screaming for a bunch of unconscious adults to call 9-1-1 for him while he holds calleigh, praying that his presence will make her awaken from her deep slumber? This is a CRIME drama not a fairy tale! I don't think it's too much to ask for TPTB to treat it like a crime drama... :rolleyes:

Ok I'm done ranting now... I think I ranted way too much for a little 2 minute scene. :lol:

3. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I agree with those of you upset by the end scene. It was a bad way to end what was otherwise a good episode and I found it comedic as well.

Another thought, if I were him I doubt I'd stick around considering what got everyone could get me

4. Court

Court Prime Suspect

This idea I like. That or open with her being zipped up in a body bag and wheeled out by Lohman. Give me either or those and it will be dance of joy time. I will remain hopeful for this. (Of course, then we'll have to sit through a few episodes of Eric mourning and being angry at the world. *yawn* The show is about HIM after all. :rolleyes: )

But I totally agree, they should have had Horatio coming into the lab and finding everyone. The look on his face would have been the money-shot.

CSI-AJ - Your signature is awesome. :lol:

5. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Okay, I know what I said, but in a moment of weakness I went and peeked at the last scene of the finale.

Let me get this straight. Delko the Scientific Expert comes in and notices that everybody's on the floor unconscious, as though there were some sort of toxic gas leak. Instead of calling 911 or paging emergency, he runs in there, breathing hard from running and panicking, from room to room, looking for Calleigh. Let's say for argument's sake that he was looking for her. He just cradles her, keeping the two of them in that air source. Chemists know that most toxic gases are colorless and odorless.

Am I guessing right that the old Delko would have gotten back into the elevator, out of the bad air source, and called 911? And how could he have possibly been sure Calleigh was in there instead of in the field? (Admittedly I didn't watch the whole episode; I just skipped to the last few minutes)

Or am I thinking too much?

*sigh* Gonna be a long, hot summer for some of you. Some of you.

6. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Thanks. I did it as a way of supporting the Stetler fans especially considering how some people were bashing his character and all

No I agree with you. Delko should have been out of there or cover his face and call for help. Sad thing is that earlier on he came off looking competent

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

First reaction, IMO, would have been for him to get on the phone before he even went over to Walter (the genious had his phone in his hand when he got off the elevator:wtf:). Did he think they were all just napping?!

All for "drama" my butt. That last scene was just sloppy & totally not necessary! I think any viewer would have been just as satisfied/shocked (actually MORE satisfied) just seeing the characters fall to the ground & then fade-to-black on Horatio reading that letter.
    For the life of me I can't understand why they felt it was so necessary to have Eric walk in & find them all down in the first place.

8. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Well it IS the Eric/Calleigh show... so of COURSE it had to end with them.. :rolleyes: The E/C nomance does keep the ratings up, so the writers HAVE to show them at every given moment in every single episode of every single season.. [/sarcasm] :rolleyes: give it a break writers, this nomance is going to get old to everyone sooner or later.
    I didn't even think of that... Maybe Eric will pass out off screen. And then when Horatio checks up on his tem, he will actually have sense to LEAVE and call 911... This is unnecessary drama... I mean why do we even have a cliffhanger?! I think we all know the outcome... SEASON 9: -Calleigh is in a coma, eric is crying at her side. She becomes a ghost again and haunts everyone... She wakes up. After about 5-8 episodes we'll get another "scene" like in In The Wind (everyone remember that? :rolleyes:) then a few more episodes later either Eric or Calleigh will be near death and we'll have to listen them realize their love for each other. Then another cliffhanger with either Eric or Calleigh in danger and then either eric or calleigh crying while they try to wake up their loved one... This is getting really old... Too bad the writers don't see this. :scream:

9. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

You're right about cutting the scene short, mjszud. But hey, what do we know? (Just a thought--Been chatting with some of my fellow grieving Stetler fans. If they were going to be smart about writing out Rick Stetler, this would have been a better way to do it, imho.)

Where's my Pepto Bismol?

Incidentally, hope you don't mind if I hide out with you guys. Looks like the All Fall Down thread is also turning into an E/C slobberfest.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Okay people I need to rant. This is getting beyond ridiculous. Oh look Calleigh is on the ground inconscience, oh look Eric is yelling for help. How new, how refreshing. How pathetic.:censored:

Is their now a national law that states that these two now end every eppie?! Did this become "The Eric and Calleigh Hour of Happiness and Angst" and I missed the memo?! Are TPTB trying to alienate the majority of the fan base?!:brickwall:

I know a lot of people will be downright angry (this chick included) if a talented actor like Jonathan Togo (or any of the others for that matter) are sent packing to make room for more of this saccharin coated poorly written mess.

I agree that the eppie SHOULD have ended with Horatio and Frank rushing back to the lab and discovering everyone down. Did we get this? No. Instead we get Calleigh laying there like a resusci Annie doll and Eric holding her shrieking like a little girl.

I can't believe the others have been shoved into the background so these two can play house.

Okay, I am fine now (well, sort of). Nuff said.

11. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Ma'am, all the grieving Stetler fans out there are with you on that. I lost one favorite; I'd rather not lose the other favorite.

And hey, rant away; this is a good place to do it.

12. slower

slower Lab Technician

I love your rants!! They are full of so much truth and give me my laugh for the day.:lol:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: If I walked into work and saw every single last one of my co-workers passed out on the floor, I think first I'd wonder if I was being punked... but only for a second, then I'd immediately call 911. I'd be too afraid to go any further for fear that whatever happened to them would happen to me. :lol: But then again, I'm very overly cautious. I wash my hands excessively. :lol:

There was no reason for the scene other than to have the E/C moment at the end to make people think they were gonna kill off Calleigh. Like I said, with her existing lung damage from both fires, I'd be most worried about her in this incident, so I guess in a way it makes sense, but I just don't understand why he couldn't dial 911 on his cell phone and cradle his girlfriend at the same time. I've seen countless other people do just that. Showing him screaming for help in a building where everyone else is in the same condition as her is just odd to me. I don't get that aspect of it. :lol: But then again perhaps when they come back next season, his yell for help won't seem as odd and right after he'll pull out his phone to report the mass pass-out of 2010.

I agree. I'd even be fine with Eric being with them. In fact, it would have been more dramatic if the three of them had returned together and seen everyone passed out... then Eric said "Calleigh" and started to rush off to find her. Horatio tries to stop Eric telling him to wait and assess the situation, but Eric doesn't listen. Then we see that Eric has found Calleigh and he then slumps down on the floor beside her. H and Frank close the elevator doors, one of them pulling out their cellphones to call for help. They go get hazmat suits on and come back up to look for Eric and find him passed out with Calleigh. End episode. That way they could have had their e/c scene, but could have better included H and Frank as well. Or even have Horatio go off to look for Eric and having him pass out and Frank is the only one unaffected cause he doesn't get off the elevator. he calls for help cause from where he is, he sees Horatio pass out. Then the camera would pan all around the lab on each main character. Fade to black, end of episode.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  14. alexa

alexa Witness

:wtf:
    viva el drama:devil:!dude

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

The scene wouldn't have been so terrible had we not seen something so simliar twice already (SGIYC/Backfire). Not to mention, it was supposed to be about the whole team falling, not just Calleigh. I felt that ending seemed to shift the focus solely on her -- that was the "big" moment tptb saved back from promos & all those behind-the-scene interviews. If it was meant to shock me, they failed.

Furthermore, there's been too many forced mushy moments between the 2 in these past 4/5 episodes -- maybe it's a 'calm before the storm', I don't know, but it's overwhelming all the same & not needed IMO.
    If they were so determined to have an e/c moment thrown in the finale, fine, but why ruin the ending with it?!! It's the very last 'note' of the season, and it's Eric holding Calleigh. For God's sake we just saw this LAST finale with Eric in jeopardy & Calleigh boo-hooing!! It's insanely repetitive. I'm sick of being jerked around with the constant "will they lose each other" crap. Even people who do like this couple are sick of that!