Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I just read it an a spoilers from mayracansigno csi miami spoiler web site that calleigh is going out for drinks with I guy from DC she ment when she went to a conference an DC because eric ask her out for a drink an she tells him 10.2 an he is left an the locker room sad once again its like watching 9.2 all over again

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ugh that's all we need. MORE DRAMA for them to be together. Not completely forgotten, not completely together. It's yet another way to throw something at them to keep them apart but not completely end the storyline so fans keep hanging on to wait for something better. It's absurd and ridiculous.

3. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Hey, hiphuggerslove! This is perriwinkle in Twitter. I was the one who summarized and posted that spoiler. Just a friendly reminder that any spoilers should be in a spoiler tag. The mods are pretty strict about it and we don't want this thread to be shut down. Thanks! :)

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Well, I love Mayra but hate this spoiler of hers ;)
    I surely hope it will not be what it seems to be.

5. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

WHAT THE HELL :scream::scream::scream::scream:

Are you actually gonna try to sit there and convince me that Calleigh is over Eric, at least over enough for her to go out with someone else and tell Eric about it. I don't care how "innocent" it may sound, but c'mon something's gotta give already. After everything they have been through and they just throw it away like it was nothing.

And why does it always have to be Eric who is getting his heartbroken? Why can't Calleigh be the one to see what she is missing? I hate seeing heartbroken Eric, but I wouldn't mind seeing a jealous Calleigh.

Why do the TPTB have to make everything so impossible?!! :scream::scream::scream:

6. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I am seriously about to open a can of whoop ass on the writers.

Prior to that terrible scene in 9.02 ("you know I love you like family" :rolleyes:), there was absolutely no indication that Eric and Calleigh were going to break up. Sure, they had gone through some unnecessary drama when Eric was wearing the wire, but they weren't over. Eric says "I know it's going to take me a while to earn back your trust" and she replies "You're right about that", but she's smiling, and has indicated that she's going to forgive him. Then, with the gas leak in the lab, Eric calls her "baby", and attempts to carry her out of the building. Still nothing to indicate a break up is imminent.

A repeat of the ONE E/C quasi-romantic scene we got last season? Ridiculous. Terrible, terrible writing.

If they're not setting us up to put these two back together like they should, I will be angry. Hell, even if they ARE going to put them back together, I will still be angry, because this amount of drama surrounding it is unnecessary. All I want is for the two of them to get back together and be happy. A cute romantic moment every now and then. Not more of this will-they-won't-they, let's-cook-up-unnecessary-drama bullcrap.

I did notice a couple of things that were rather telling about this new spoiler, however.

1) Calleigh invites Eric to come with? Who invites their ex boyfriend to accompany them on a date with some other guy? NOBODY. Calleigh is not stupid, so she wouldn't invite him along if it was a ~date~. She's not cruel.

2) The new dude is from D.C., right? Well, at least he's not local, so there's less of a chance of them working out, if their relationship is more than platonic (but we have no proof it is).

3) Calleigh says something to the effect of "nothing will ever match what we had"? Oooooooh boyyyyy. This means she knows that she'll never find anyone better than Eric or relationship they had. Maybe it's just a matter of time until she realizes she doesn't have to sell herself short, that they have the power to make their relationship work.

I'm torn, in a way. I have a suspicion that this might be the beginning to the writers putting E/C back together- and if so, the idea of them getting back together makes me happy (obviously, or I wouldn't be in this thread). But this is a ridiculous way to do it. The whole "jealous Eric" angle is old and tired. I don't want drama, I just want them together.

7. cinar12x

cinar12x Victim

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
  8. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

This is the last straw for me. I'm now officially pulling the plug on E/C. I've had it with such repeated disappointments. We've been loyal for ten seasons but now I see Eric and Calleigh as separate continents with a huge ocean between them. I feel somewhat similar to how I got 1929-ed by Kanakaredes's sudden departure on 'New York' albeit on a much slower scale. Simply put, after nine to ten seasons now, I've finally had it with wasting my time and enduring tremendous TV-Grief.

I may continue to enjoy CSI:Miami and 'Vegas' but except for Grissom/Sara and Danny/Lindsay, the CSI:Shippers-Era has now officially ended for me.

On a final note, This may be among the most unpopular posts I've ever done but I sometimes even wonder if the entire Shippers Central section should be retired altogether.

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Don't lose faith, Axatullux! It might be not that bad.
    I have a second thought. Maybe, just maybe this scene will be similar to the one in 9.02 for a reason...
    Maybe the fact, that Eric knows about her date will be a poor way of making him jealous amd it will turn out well. If they started from making up then it would be likely that they will break up again at the end of the season. At least 'them' is brought up, unlike the last season.

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder here:

PLEASE put all discussion of future episodes in spoiler boxes. That way those who DON'T WANT to be spoiled can come to the board.

Second, please post three (3) lines of discussion about Eric and Calleigh. Talking about fan fiction is okay as long as it reflects Eric and Calleigh. Same goes for fan art, etc. These threads are for talking about their relationship, not how much you like a certain author or artist. Got it. ;)

If you have any questions please let one of us mods know.

Thank you. :D

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

As a cockeyed optimist, I think they will have them together next season. Their a popular couple and at least their still both on the show, and working as a team with the rest of the team. I think this will happen[​IMG] keep the faith:bolian:

12. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi guys,
    as I posted on Calleigh's thread, Mayra has a new interview with Emily on her website. The most interesting fragment is:

How did your pregnancy affect Calleigh’s storylines?
    “They reduced her role a lot, and obviously there were no action scenes. I thought they might write the pregnancy into the show, not least because of her romance with Delko, but they never even considered it. Basically, Delko and Calleigh’s relationship takes a season’s break. They spend the whole series just looking at each other, but with no contact.”

It's not spoilerish, so I didn't put it in the spoiler box. I like the expression 'their relationship took a year's break' instead of 'finished' :) That gives me hope that maybe it will be allright, after all.

13. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I'm not giving up on this relationship, TPTB have invested to much time into it to just drop it. Not to mention the mass of fans that would storm L.A. in protest if they did.:devil:

We've heard spoilers before that never happened, so as much as I don't like what I read last week, I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch over it until I actually see it on T.V. And even then I won't worry to much because I think things are going to be just fine for them eventually, we just need to continue to be patient, and by now we should be experts at being patient. :)

14. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I agree with everything you said.
    When I initially saw this spoiler I didn't think anything negative about for the exact reasons you stated... no one brings their ex-boyfriend on a date with a potential new boyfriend, and Calleigh would NEVER do something that mean to Eric. And, since they met at a conference its clear he is not from Miami, so that's no relationship, no real date - just two acquaintances with similar interests getting together. Big frigging deal.

I have to think that there is no way the writers/producers of this show will break them up for good because you don't spend that many years developing the relationship (although they've done a TERRIBLE job developing it) only to have it implode at the end. I really don't believe they have any intention of breaking them up for good. That said, I do think the way they are going about this realtionship sucks to high heaven because of the repeated will-they-or-won't-they storylines. Its old, its done... and I wish they'd let it rest, let Eric & Calleigh be happy for once without any of the stupid drama. As you said, include just a few happy scenes here and there. I'm sure a certain segment of the CSI:M viewing public would be happy with that as well. Or at least, they should be.

I know I am putting wayyyyy too much faith in the really crappy writing they've given the EC relationship, but I believe the events of this spoiler is just the beginning of the "journey" they're going to take this season, the journey that was supposed to be last season - but was apparently scrapped due to EP's pregnancy. I for one want them to do away with the Eric jealousy thing (which is waaayyyyy overdone) and let Calleigh show some jealousy for a change.

Now... where's that can of whoop ass....

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I guess the only good thing that I for now am looking forward to this new season is that Calleigh's screentime is going to improve. So maybe, just maybe, that helps to define this thing once and for all with that journey that Jennifer mentioned that was talked about and never took off. Emily saying the relationship took a break because of her pregnancy also helps a bit to think that maybe there's a relationship still there somewhere in the future. I just have this terrible feeling that what the writers enjoy is not catering to either side just so both groups of fans stick around because, even though they are not completely happy, they can still watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.