Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

I was recently reading a book about tv shows and the industry and thought this really summed up all of our feelings about E/C relationship.
    "After so much build up, so much analysis, so much waiting and so many false clues, how can any answer totally satisfy the anticipation that has built up."

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

LOL - let E/C start their own show - LOL

But I still feel that they hype E/C to much compared to how much time E/C "fills" the actual episode this season. And last season I as as a hiphugger would have love "the kiss" just as much without the hype that split the fan - base so much.

So IMO leave the build - up. Let drama "hit" someone else once in a while, And just leave thoose two as counterwight(?) to darker storylines. Like when we had the "sleep - over" scene next to Horatio and Jessse.

3. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I totally agree with you on this and this is what happened when most hiphuggers are feeling differently on whether the "defining moment" has happened already.
    As for me and my house, the defining moment was in "Backfire". What I don't get is why they are still subjecting these two with more drama. Can't they just give them a definite, clear status of the relationship-as in no ambiguous lines-it's like deciphering their own private language, no more "figure it out yourself what they do "offscreen" kind of thing.
    All of hiphuggers has been clamoring for this clarity and it's about time they give it to us. I have a feeling that the more they stretch this anticipation the fans will be fed up and get tired of it eventually. :(

4. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Hey there, fellow Eric and Calleigh lovers!

I've got something to brighten things up a little: I had a happy dream about our lovely couple last night. For some reason, Eric, Calleigh, and Ryan were at a bed & breakfast (not staying there, though). For those of you unfamiliar with a "bed and breakfast", it is a small hotel, usually a house, and is often family-operated. The rooms tend have a little more character than your average hotel. They are popular for couples and those who are traveling, as they are often located in the countryside, near a lake or beach, and other well-known (or not-so-well-known) destination spots.

I distinctly only remember two things. The first one: the three of them snuck upstairs and Eric and Calleigh found an empty bedroom. Eric looked at Ryan, and Ryan nodded, indicating that he would look out for them and make sure nobody came into the room. Eric and Calleigh went in and shut the door. You can probably imagine what happened next. ;) :devil: (but FYI, I didn't "see" anything going on, just the implication that there was going to be hanky panky, lol).

The second thing I remember is that later, Eric and Calleigh were downstairs, sitting on a cushion right by the window. They were kissing lightly and Eric grinned and said "You are insatiable today!" :lol:

So let's hope my dream was a good omen: a sign of many good things to come for our sexy, crime-fighting power couple. Can't wait for Monday's episode. The countdown clock on my Dashboard says that there's about 1 Day, 7 hours, and 58 minutes to go.

5. das576

das576 Hit and Run

Well based on the TV Guide article that just came out, I don't think your dream will be coming true this season anyway. I'm totally pissed with where they are taking the E/C storyline based on what this article says. Krystal Houghton pretty much says it's not going to end well for them these next 2 eps. ARG!!!! Why must they keep going down this road???

6. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I'm going to take Krystal Houghton's comments in the TV Guide interview with a grain of salt, at least until I see the episode. (These TV Guide sneak-peeks are always terribly overblown, anyway:rolleyes:). In the context of what we know so far, it just wouldn't make sense for Calleigh to break up with Eric over his secret investigation of the CSI lab. Remember, Eric is doing this undercover work not just for the State Attorney's Office, but also at Horatio's request. Therefore, it would be completely illogical for Calleigh to split up with Eric because of this. Initially, she's going to be upset that Eric didn't confide in her, but I don't see this as causing a permanent rift in the E/C romance. The CSIM writers have come up with their share of harebrained ideas, but doing something like this would just about take the cake. :wtf: Not to mention that it would cause a fan riot among both die-hard and casual E/C fans. :scream: So I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic that the bulk of the "Time Bomb" episode will be dedicated to the diamond theft and car-bombing investigations, with minimal (and temporary) drama for Eric & Calleigh. Let's hope that this is how it turns out. *CROSSING FINGERS*

7. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Ok, so I had a thought: Calleigh may be upset, because of Natalia knowing and her not. Inthe article it says that Natalia will not be able to keep the secret. Perhaps she will tell Calleigh, with good intentions, but still, she is Eric's ex. Calleigh has a right to be afraid that Eric turned the house their share into Big Brother's house as she is one of the suspects...and one more thing. She can even think that, like Jake, Eric put his job ahead of their relationship and that was the main reason of her and Jake breaking up in the past...Maybe that was the real purpose of bringing Jake back to the show? Eric once said that he was ready to move to the night shift to be with her and yet he is doing the same thing as Jake - going undercover...:/ I also, Like Delquesne, think that it's far more drama in the article and promo than in the actual episode. We'll see.

8. Jellybean

Jellybean Victim

I am so done with all this E/C angst, it's untrue. I hate this tightrope walk they are keeping the fans on week after week, after week. It's boring and repetitive and honestly, it's driving me NUTS! :scream: Isn't one break-up in a season enough?!

As far as I could tell (and I will freely admit that I only watched the shows Adam was in this season, I am NOT a fan of the new characters) pretty much the ONLY E/C screen time we've had this season has been through break-ups, Eric leaving, Calleigh almost dying, Eric lying to her, Eric almost getting blown up etc., etc,. etc,.
    We had one scene in 'In The Wind', but then even after that there was the infamous 'talk' discussion in the locker room.
    I would be absolutely fine with no mention of their relationship if all they're going to do is use it for further angst.

There's just way too much drama that always seems to be going on between them and it's entirely ridiculous. After spending seven years getting them together, I think they deserve a break now. The writers have got new characters to torment, I just want them to leave Eric and Calleigh alone.

9. das576

das576 Hit and Run

PREACH!!!! I am so with you on this! I'm so over all the drama, it makes me not even want to watch. In fact I won't watch tonight, I will dvr and then check here for commentary and depending on what I find, I may or may not watch. I mean how many times must we go around the same mountain with these 2? MOVE ON!!!

10. Jellybean

Jellybean Victim

Truly!! Although I am glad Adam's back full time next season, if they DO break up E/C over something as ridiculous and contrived as this after we've spent eight season faithfully following the ship... I may have to rethink my viewing habits.
    Just because it's a crime show, doesn't mean I only want to see violence, drama and angst. Sometimes, (*I'm preparing myself for the backlash I may get after I finish this sentence*) I just want to see something that makes me think, 'awww'.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good murder and gory dismemberment as much as the next girl, but a little light romantic interlude every now and then is also appreciated. ;)

11. FoxyJ

FoxyJ Civilian

I haven't posted in a long time, I just lurk lol but in regards to the tv guide article, there is nothing in that article to indicate a break up, she says it will be a problem, we already knew that. She added nothing new to the scheme of things, it was just hype for the show. Dont overreact, they will be fine.

12. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

This was a good episode. Obviously there would be drama when Calleigh found out about Eric, it was expected based on Eric's investigation into the lab and his friends. It is not the end for Calleigh and Eric, at the end of the show they were still together

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Well after much panicking, because that is what I do, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised.

When will Eric learn to not lie to his woman. C'mon sweetie, she knows all. The scene at the beginning was absolutely heartbreaking. I don't like it when they fight, it makes me really sad

Absolutely loved the scene at the end. It was too cute :D they still love each other, very much. I am sure Eric will be making it up to her :devil::devil:

14. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

You all of little faith!:p
    I truly loved this episode- from Backfire to hopefully the season finale CSIM will continue to step up. I knew that they will be okay- I never worried about it- I mean a little drama would add spice to the relationship right? I love the last scene, they were so cute and when Eric went closer to Cal. I'm glad they brought up the trust issue because it is something that they have to work on. I really believe that it is just a matter of time that we will have our wishes come true.

I'm good with EC for this season and with Adam back hopefully we will get our "happily ever after"next season!:luvlove::luvlove::adore:

15. Divot

Divot Victim

What an awesome episode, although I had a bet with my husband from 2 weeks ago who the 'bad rogue cop' was and I won that. The twists and turns and the procedural aspects were very very well done. Kudos to the writers and also the scientific advisors who are following the 'latest' lab tests (the bacterial residue tests aren't brand spanking new but newer than swabbing a cheek). And as for HipHugger Land, if this is the defining moment and what sets the stage for the remainder of their relationship, thank you to the writers for hearing us.

Question, is it possible that CSI land is not giving CSI Miami a lot of publicity? Even in this forum ("Talk CSI") there are many more CSI NY posts on the main CSI Files page than here. I don't watch a ton of TV but I do see more ads for CSI (the mother ship show) and CSI NY than I do for Miami.

Of course if the entire show followed E-C, I bet the ratings would be thru the roof.......

And the show rarely ENDS with an EC moment, does it? Thank you writers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.