Eric & Calleigh #31 - A Vote For E/C Is A Vote For Shirtless Eric!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I know you might hate me for even thinking this but this morning while driving to work I had this thought; we all talk about Cal's insecurities and all but how funny (I don't mean haha) would it be if when the two of them get together Eric is the one who decides (should they) to break things off?

IDK why I had the thought but it struck me that all we ever talk about is how Cal would have a hard time with things but never how Eric might react or deal with things if they were to get tough between them.

Because for some odd reason I could actually see the writers of Miami have Eric break things off between them should that time ever come.

What do you guys think?

2. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I could see them doing that, provided there was good reason. Which, to be honest, could happen, because dating someone is very different than being friends with them. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they could start dating and not adjust well to relating to each other on a new level, or have something come along in the future that strains their relationship a bit too much and one of them (even Eric, as in love as he is) breaks it off. However, I would hope that it would just be a break, and they'd spend some time apart and then work it out. Possibly in the shower, so we can see more wet Adam Rodriguez in a towel again. (I mean, what?? :angel:)

3. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I think that's a good possibility. Once Calleigh gives herself over to the idea of a relationship with Eric I think that it's a good possibility that she won't want to be the one to end it. Eric on the other hand has A LOT of experience ending things with co-workers and other women....

Just a thought.

4. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

It's much, too much we have Tara near to Eric. Why it couldn't be HC or Ryan to have dealings with her? And not so long - it must be have asked, have received the short answer, and stopped to show Tara for us.

It's a sensible idea. But maybe we didn't think about it because in CSIM is enough angst and isn’t enough fluff between Eric and Cal

5. delkolover

Just got an email from Corey and he confirmed that Khandi Alexander is indeed returning for episode 714! YAY! :D

He also told me that he P. Diddy will be in ep 715 (and since numerous articles said he will be in 2 eps) and 716. Corey didn't confirm or deny but from his wording it looks like he writing ep 715!!

As usual whenever that man writes an ep for the show we tend to get some good E/C angst! So I am looking forward to Diddy and hopefully some good E/C stuff come January.

That Diddy is supposed to have a conflict not just with Horatio and the case but also with a "personal" aspect of some kind having to do with the team. And Diddy's ep will directly follow the ep where Cal is in the hospital! So hmmmm....maybe we will get some really really good E/C stuff!! ;)

6. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

By the way, sometimes I had the idea in some scenes, that Eric looks more strained (even angry) and he doesn't ready to externalize his secret dreams actually yet, whilst in that scene Calleigh looks more playful and flirting.

Corey Miller is always our sheet anchor!!!!

7. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I don't no guys really the only plot we have seen carry on is the on going troubles that Eric has with his bullet in his head. Usually if somene has any other trama (like Cal in Wreaking Crew) it seems to end there and is never discussed any futher down the raod. So I figure that even after the episode of her being in the hospital they may never have any further dialog in the the next episodes.

The only other thing that they really carried over for a bit was Speedle's death and Mari's death. I don't understand why thing like that arn't explored more because it kinda leaves a gap and we don't get to make any sence of how they are dealing with their problems. They only explored Speedle's death further through Erics eyes and never showed us how the rest of the team delt with it on a personal leavel. I would have thought that they would have explored it with Alex sence they were so close.

But as for the other question up for grabs! I could see Eric getting cold feet after a while maybe something about his injury pulls him away from her because he doesn't want her to go through it. He could leave her because of another man entering the picture again!!(AKA Jack Berkly god forbid) Maybe an old girlfriend of his shows up who knows. I'm sure the writers will make us happy for a while then pull the rug out from under us.

Of couse one of the actors may deside to leave the show and they have to do something to split them apart. Maybe one moves, but the other doesn't want to go with them! Lots of possible senarios.

8. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Thanks a lot, Jackie; now I wanna write break-up fic. ;) :lol:

Seriously though, I've never thought about Eric being the one to break things off between them if that ever happened. I always just assumed he's so in love with her (aww...) that once he's with her, his life is pledged to her.

It makes me sad to think about it though, because I can actually see it now. Eric has built up this fantasy world for him and Calleigh - settling down, kids with the right girl, all that stuff. And what if the real thing turns out to be disappointing (not that I think it would, but still) when compared to that fantasy world? :( What if it's not what he imagined? :(

And then Calleigh would be hurt, aww. :(

9. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

My God, I have a dread of your next story already!
    Jessica, I am afraid to read all your angst fics, though I can't help me and all the same I read them, because you write so magnificent.

10. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I'm working on a Post-Ep for Power Trip as we speak... Hopefully it will be as good on paper as it sounded in my head.

I think that the only thing that would make Eric pull away from Calleigh is if she did something to break his trust. I don't know what that event might entail, but in my humble opinion, loss of trust would be the only thing that would make Eric fold his tents and leave.:(

11. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Oh no... please don't. Break up fics make me sad. And like Dina Wizy, I couldn't NOT read one of your E/C fics. You could do a break up fic where they get back together before the end! Gotta love a happy E/C ending. :lol::)

Waiting patiently for more Momentum... ;)

12. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I don't even want to think about EC break up. That would be just too sad for me. I'm a fluff and happy end lover. I can enjoy some angst if there's a happy ending.

I can see Eric starting a fight, being jealous or something like that, but after everything we know about his feelings it doesn't look like he'd just get cold feet. At least not to me. It's possible that he realizes that fantasy is not reality, though. I don't know, I just hope it doesn't happen.

You know, as much as I love your writing (even when it's angst), is there any chance that you'll write something fluffy and sexy and happy?

I'm sure it will. I can't wait to read it.

13. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

Oh my! a fanfic about them breaking up when they havent even gotten together... i couldnt read it :( After what you guys said im kinda sad b/c i hadnt even thought about a break up until y'all mentioned it, all i could think about is when their gonna get together and, what if things dont turn out right, what if it isnt what they thought it would be and break up?:(

No no no, im gonna thing possitive, their gonna get together and live happy ever after:rolleyes:

14. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Not as afraid as I am to write them! :lol: And then there's actually posting, which is another, even more frightening nightmare. :lol: But hey, it's been a really long time since I've killed them, so that should count for something, right?? :p The way I see it, if I write break-up fic, you guys are getting the lesser of two evils, because you know what else I could write instead... ;)

I'm so writing a break-up fic now. :p But it'll have to wait, because it'll be a multi-chap, probably.

I'm incapable of writing sexy, but I do have some happy fluff that's going to get written sometime in the next 27346 years. :lol: :p

Maybe this is where Jake comes back into play... (Now don't look at me like that! :lol:) Seriously though, it makes you wonder just how far Eric would be willing to go for her. I'd like to think to the ends of the earth, but then you throw in something fragile like trust, something that is so integral to their relationship. I absolutely don't think Calleigh would cheat on Eric - she's got better morals and he's too hot. :lol: I'd sure be plenty content with him, lol! :devil: What happens though, if the day ever comes that they can't trust each other with every fiber of their being? :(

I don't know; maybe something happens and Calleigh pulls away from him, but Eric is the one to walk away. He's waited years for her already; I can see him getting frustrated if she keeps taking baby steps instead of making the leap he made at the beginning. :(

Damn it, somebody write some fluff! :lol:

15. delkolover

I'm sorry I even said anything!! :lol: Really it was just a thought that all of a sudden popped into my head...I don't know where it came from. I was just driving along and boom there it was!

As painful as it can be sometimes, you have to look at both sides of the story ;) I think that is what my brain was trying to do.

I think you might be right on with the trust thing but we all know how much Calleigh values the notion of "trust" so I can't see something like that happening.

I don't know about him walking away either. He is not the type of person to give up soo easily. He knows how Cal can be emotionally, so her pulling away would't be something would be new to him, ya know? He wouldn't see that as something that would make him want to leave is what I am trying to say. The fact that he already knows the person he would like to settle down with in life is Calleigh says that he won't give up easily and he knows there would be ups and downs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.