Eric/Calleigh #28: Soon To Become A Major Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyho!

Wow, you've been busy.

Jodie, I need that manip!!!

Thx for the new info Luce. Anyone calculating on an agreement in time? I'm in Europe and we hear like nothing.

Maybe we should put a carneval element into this challenge of ours. Somehow I can even see Horatio dressing up ... Cal will go as Elastic Girl, and Eric will be a goner. *gg*

JJ

Oh, thanks Luce. Really cheered me up after a horrid shift :) hehe. I don't like this job, at all.

Yeah, I'm working on it. For some reason, I get it pretty good, then I click something and everything goes wrong... I'm not technologically inclined.

Mo, sweetie, I love ya, but you're minds ALWAYS in the gutter! :lol: It's great!

Oh, a V-Day fic? Coooool, I think my very special element should be not to include angst... I can... so... do ... that... *faints*

Oh, and sky's back! *waves* you keep abandoning us like that and we're gonna get a complex.

:)

Ok so I've been trying to think of some good news, cause this strike thing is just depressing. So we have valentine fanfic, manips, videos and the possibility of Eric diving when we get new episodes. The last one I think is the best of all. ;)

Still I haven't lost hope that something good happens before Feb and we at least get 5 new episodes. :cool:

Hey, Jodie *waves*

Just take as long as you have to for the manip. :) Sad as it is, we have all the time in the world. :(

I'm sorry that your job is not to your liking, but it means you can join the club most of us are members of. :D And there's always a chance of a hot guy popping in. You just have to zoom out the leering old ones. *g*

Matters EC: I need my muse back. I can't seem to plan beyond the kiss for my next installment. This strike is killing me.

JJ *who has no other ships to cling to*

Luce, thanks for the pic! Calleigh was totally working her walk because she knew that Eric was watching :D

Jodie, hope you're job gets better. If not, just think Cayote Ugly. Or not.

Jacks, I walked in at Target the other day and I was so shocked that the swimsuit aisle was completely redone and revamped! And this was when they were forecasting snow storm!

Sky, other ships exist?

Where's Caro?

Nora, I'm with you. I don't have other ships to distract me because poor Sam only had one episode and then boom! She's unemployed :(

So, it's been a long time since i have been here!!!
I just bought the new issue of the CSI magazine, unfortunately, all they asked Emily about was Jake, although she did say that she doesn't know if Jake/Calleigh's relationship would work. I was really hoping she would say something about Eric. There is also an interview with all the writers and they did say that they started a little flirtation with Eric and Calleigh, but that was it.
I really hope the writer strike will be over soon, because i want some hiphugger action!!

I'm here, just been really busy. I'll see if I can find the magazine today so I can transcript it. Sounds interesting. Emliy never was a Jake/Calleigh fan. We all know she prefers her men ala Cubano ;)

In other news, the studios called the writers back to the negotiating table. I'm hopeful that with the DGA deal almost set in stone, the WGA will follow in the next few weeks. If it does, then we still get a few episodes this season. And I can get more work. Fingers crossed for that!

Thanks for making the transcript available to us Leela. I've just read it and *hmpf* am not that happy with it. But really, just the mention of Jake makes me run.

JJ

Lol at her saying the Jake/Calleigh relationship is high schoolish, cause it's always seemed that way to me. They're like two kids playing couple, hopefully Calleigh will soon realize how immature it is and move on. It's not doing her any favors.

I was pleasantly surprised by the tentative DGA agreement! I honestly thought this season was over. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks for the scans, Leela!

I think that Emily pretty much has to say something that can be taken as positive when asked about J/C in interviews. It's not like she can openly or absolutely blast the storylines that she's handed, or at least it wouldn't be very professional of her. Besides, she just seems like such a genuinely nice person that I just don't think it's in her nature to badmouth anything. But we have hints (like the high school thing) that she doesn't really believe it's a good move for Calleigh's character. So yay Emily!

Will be putting elements into a poll in a sec.

Jodie, hope you're job gets better. If not, just think Cayote Ugly. Or not.

:lol: Oh, you don't know how much that tickled me! I think I'd have to drink the alcohol rather than serve it before I did that!

Interesting article. I too always thought of the JC relationship as being 'high school' the dynamic just never sat right with me, it seemed forced.

I notice Emily said they have their ups and downs, that's interesting. I hope we get some episodes this season, so we can see some more of this. I actually really want them to explore their relationship a bit more. Not becasue I want it to work out, but so we can see why it doesn't work, rather than the usual cheating/leaving/arguments/etc. A real reason, like Calleigh deciding she wants something/one else rather than a cop out end to it would be much better.

But then, if we don't get any episodes, I'm not sure what I want to happen. I don't want them to just end it, but if they didn't end it when we didn't see it, they'd have been together too long for my liking... I can't be pleased.

Emily and Adam have been rooting for Eric and Calleigh for so long that I don't think they'd be ecstatic about their characters dating other people. Especially now that their characters are so close to getting together. Even during season 4 when they had no scenes together, you got Adam talking about how stupid the Eric/Natalia thing was and how he thought there was something between Eric and Calleigh.

But yeah, Emily has never been very vocal. Interviewing her must be frustrating as hell. I love Adam's honesty, though. If it's a bad storyline, he'll come out and say it. That's so awesome. He also seems to have more insight into his character, like he spends a lot of time thinking about the writing, whereas Emily seems very whatever about it.

Now that the directors reached an agreement I hope the writers follow. Honestly this strike is so ridiculously childish I'm surprised there hasn't been an increase in bags of poo lit on fire all around Hollywood doorsteps.

adorelo said:
I actually really want them to explore their relationship a bit more. Not becasue I want it to work out, but so we can see why it doesn't work, rather than the usual cheating/leaving/arguments/etc.

I think Stand Your Ground gave us the #1 reason why it won't work out: Jake will always put his work first.

In all honesty, though, I think so would Calleigh. With Jake, I mean. I think they care more about their jobs. His #1 concern was not Calleigh, it was the job. When Jake was in a car accident, Calleigh continued working and didn't even go visit him. They're not each other's #1 priorities.

midnight_tiptoes said:
I think Stand Your Ground gave us the #1 reason why it won't work out: Jake will always put his work first.

In all honesty, though, I think so would Calleigh. With Jake, I mean. I think they care more about their jobs. His #1 concern was not Calleigh, it was the job. When Jake was in a car accident, Calleigh continued working and didn't even go visit him. They're not each other's #1 priorities.

For sure. And that's shy I think it wouldn't work. I mean, I can't see Calleigh changing herself to put Eric before her job but I think she would wether she wanted too or not. with Jake, Calleigh just wants him when she feel like it, but she can't commit to it for various reasons. With Eric, though, I think it's developed to the point where, if they did get together, they wouldn't need the 'dating' stage for getting to know each other, so she'll be a little different.

It's like that 'Friends' quote:

"It's like starting on the 15th date."

"Yeah, but it's like starting on the 15th date."

Could be great; could be awful.

Yeah, I think they both want it to happen. I mean, we all know Emily thinks Adam's "so dreamy" :lol:. And we know Adam thinks she's "beautful" so, why no give the lovely people what they so clearly want? It'll happen, I'm sure of it.

And thanks, for posting the elements chuck, I've pledged my vote :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back