Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

First of all, let me say that I love this thread and really appreciate the positive and kind attitude of everybody in here :)!

Hmmm... let's see.
    Eric works for the county, and he got injured while on duty; so my guess is that his medical bills are covered by the county.
    Why Puerto Ricco? Guess he needed to get away for a while after everything he's been through! And PR is as good a place as any.

On another note, when I first watched the last (3rd) E/C scene of the episode, I thought that Eric was being a bit distant/cold when he said "Right, Ok! Take care!" and turned around to leave. But when I rewatched the scene, I realized he did that because Calleigh blocked his entrance to the morgue and told him " Allright! That's it! No more observing now that your client is in the clear!" He wasn't acting distant! He was just reacting to her banter:)! He had a little twinkle in his eyes ;)!
    What do you guys think?

2. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I love this thread too D&D! I feel hesitant to post on other threads -can't believe the negative reaction you get if your opinion doesn't sit well with other people.:rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm so happy to see our favorite couple. I think they have kept in touch with each other as friends. I really like how Calleigh is so understanding and mature about the whole thing. She gave him space and time to come to terms with himself and hopefully find his way back to her.
    I wish they could have added a line or two in that last E/C scene - say Eric asking her out for a drink or something.

Based on the spoiler, I think Calleigh wants to take it slow and doesn't want to rush back to a physical relationship after what they've been through but she is having a hard time going against her heart. I just wish they would show us how this relationship develops in to something deeper.

Last night's epi had the highest rating so far for Season 8.That's is really good news!:beer:
    I can't wait for Ep 8.14 and future episodes with Delko.

3. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Welcome everyone,

Now that I've watched Season 7 finale, I can finally make my mind up about their relationship in Season 8(of course, I'm reading you guys and also watch EC moments on youtube from that season). I don't like the way their relationship is shown this season. Being only friends is not satisfactory for me. after all the months, years even, of dancing around each other we could get at least one decent love scene. 8.11 was another:'are they, aren't they together' episode, we've seen too many of these that season. 'I miss Miami' -'Miami missess you', even though we know they are talking abouth themselves, still cannot be sure. Rather that excited, I start to feel tired of that uncertainty regarding the status of their relationship.
    And yes, D&D addict, Eric seems distant in Series 8, with everyone, including Calleigh. They behave like they are friends only most of the time and i don't like it...:( I want a beautiful wedding!

4. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Wsa it just me or did Eric totally check out Calleigh's butt at the end of their first interaction? I need to go to YT to see if this scene is available and look again. It made me :wtf::lol:.

What I saw of the interaction I liked. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the whole episode.

5. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Yeah I think he was totally checking her out. I absolutely loved the smile that she gave him when she saw him.

Part of me hopes that she already knew that he was going to work with the defense because she didnt seem totally surprised that he was there.

I really hope that they can get these two back together, they are still in love with each other. Its so obvious. :lol:

6. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hello Everyone!:)

I finally got to watch the episode yey:thumbsup:
    It was so great to see Eric back in Miami & to see Calleigh & Eric in a scene together was awesome. I missed them so much.

Loved the episode, its nice to see Calleigh happy again.
    The way Eric said "you know I love it there..." seems to me that they kept in touch. I wish they just said that they missed each other but I'll take whatever the writers throw at us. I felt bad for Eric though when it turned out that their client was guilty after all.

I really hope Eric stays for good so that we'll have more EC moments.
    Still positive about a happy ending!

I had a huge smile on my face when a saw the the ratings... glad it happened in an episode with Eric in it:thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  7. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

Totally loved the episode too!

I'm just throwin' this out there, but wasn't Adam filming in Puerto Rico for one of his projects? Anyone else wonder if those lines were a little bit of an in-joke amongst the writers and actors? The "I missed Miami" and "Miami missed you" certainly could have meaning for more than just the characters...

Oh, and Eric was TOTALLY checking out Cal in that first scene...loved the smirk on his face! Too cute. Emily looked fantastic in this episode too. She looks like she's lost weight (not that she needed to, but her face looked more angular) and I always prefer when they don't overdo her make-up. This was the perfect episode to keep me happy over the holiday hiatus.

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

He filmed in the Bahamas for Ugly Betty. I think that if they had said that he was in NYC then I would have died laughing (cuz that is where UB films) :lol:

Part of my hopes that the lines I missed Miami & Miami missed you was a creative way of telling the fans that they are aware that he is missed on the show.

Its gonna be a long break until Eric comes back. I really do hope that they finally give Eric & Calleigh the happiness that they deserve. They both really deserve it.

If anything else, CBS should try for at least one more full season with Adam so that way Eric & Calleigh could get the proper happy ending they have both worked so hard for.

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I also think that you might be right, booglesthemind. 'Miami missed you' - not only Calleigh, but all the actors on the set and of course the audience.
    I really think that writers are waiting how his contract issues will be resolved for the next season so they could give E/C a proper closure. By closure Ionly mean that they are happy together.
    Btw, yeah, Eric was checking Cal out, but that doesn't mean they are in relationship, that only means that he is still sexually attracted to her.
    Did you read the review? The author seems to think that they are not together currently, but that there is still hope for them...

10. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Finally I watched it and I have to say that in spite of all I'm disappointed:(.

I agree that he was definitely checking out her ass in their first scene together;). I loved the smirk on his face when he was looking at her butt. And she was smiling too when she said to him excuse me and turned:). That confirms they still have strong feelings for each other not to mention the sexual attraction;).

I suppose they were in touch after he left, because otherwise how would she know where he was:confused:? Though I agree that they weren't together then. Maybe he needed a little break to rethink everything and she was waiting for him to come back, who knows.

I honestly don't know what to think about it. But I thought that after so long waiting and wondering are they or aren't they together we'll get something more then few scenes together which didn't exactly explain what really happened after 8.05 and what's going to happen between them now when he came back, you know some kind of hint or something like that:scream:.

I admit that now I really don't have big expactations for the 14th episode. I'm affraid it just will be the next disappointment:(. As always they are just trying to play with us, I really shoudn't be surprise. It's truly annoying.

But of course it was a real pleasure to watch Eric again, I love his hair:).

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  11. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

^ Totally agree with you. Somebody should write to the writers, or whoever's in charge of what direction storylines should go, and make them understand how frustrated E/C fans are :brickwall:.
    After waiting so many years for them to get together, and then watching them do the "will they or won't they" dance for over 2 years, we were all expecting to finally get our happy ending! Instead, they put them together for a handful of episodes, and then just ripped them apart without even giving us a real love scene or an insight on their relationship. And now, to top things off, they add insult to injury by making them do yet another dance of "are they, or aren't they" together :scream:!
    I have no idea what tptb are trying to accomplish with all this nonsense :rolleyes:!

12. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I agree with you all!!I don't understand why Eric and calleigh are together if is like they aren't!there's not sense!at this point the writers can end the relationship and nothing change..

13. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Alright I back from Chicago and finally had a chance to watch the epi. I actually liked it and think they both still have deep feelings for each other but is waiting for the other to make the move. I like to think the writers won't make us wait much longer, I hope anyways. Yay for Eric and Cal this time around. :thumbsup:

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I thought I was the only one who saw that too, lol, they're in loooove for sure, lol:lol:

I like what Kala79 said as well 'Miami missed you', I didn't realise they meant it that way.

15. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Just wanted to let everyone know that Adam will be in the next three new episodes, 8.12, 8.13, and 8.14 which means it only leaves 3 more episodes. Not sure which other episodes they will bring him back in since CBS has ordered 25 episodes for this season of Miami.

Also Adam will be in the next few episodes of UB.

I have mixed feelings about the whole relationship situation, mainly because I feel as if they (TPTB) continually string us and this so called relationship along. I for one am tired of it, yes, it is cute and it was cute at the very beginning, but honestly we've been patient and have only asked us for this one thing for the past 5 seasons, they kiss/end up in bed together, and it fizzles out to suggestive innuendo again? Bunch of BS if you ask me.

I did really enjoy the playful banter and him checking her out him with the video camera and his facial expressions made me think of this caption,"I know we used this last night...but lets hope we remembered to switch the tapes out."

I loved his hair and I just miss him and I know Emily does too. The whole situation is just so sad.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.